Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the forums and this one is the best one but trying to chat during a live event can be crazy sometimes because there are so many people talking it buries your comment or whatever. Me and my buddy made a simple site with a host stream of Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs with a chat below the screen with a simple username create so everyone can BS during the match or commentate on it. While wrestling stuff will be part of the time we are streaming a few films a day like They Live ect. We also are thinking about putting youtube streams under the chat of match build ups, past classics that pertain to the current match, or bloopers or something. We are going to try and do UFCs too. All free.

I'll post the url before the event on Sunday. Woooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I think sometimes the chat, depending how much people are talking (which is usually alot) will slow the stream. In the end, it would be more annoying with people's computers freezing.

Personally, I don't think it would be a great idea in general but if you wanted to make it work, do it without the steam.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, we have the site all set up. I think we're going to have a great online event Sunday. We currently have regular chat and video chat set up to talk during the PPV. As of right now it looks like we will be having a Special Guest on video chat to comment on the matches, maybe answer some questions, and just do what he does. The guy is oozing machismo so this should be fun. Don't be a stooge, come check us out. Will post the URL on Sunday before the PPV.

Wooooooooo

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, yeah I didn't know how else to put it really. You want to get the word out but you don't want to sound cheap and desperate. We have no monetary gain from doing this, we're just trying to put something together that hasn't been done, at least successfully yet for wrestling. 90% of what I watch and read wrestling wise is on the internet so why not create a live event atmosphere online? Either way it's going to be a movie site on the off days but will host PPVs, Raw, and Smackdown. I think it has potential so we'll see Sunday, if people enjoy we'll keep it up, if not whatever. I reached out to some in business people and I'm getting good feedback, hopefully all goes well.

The site isn't live yet so we don't want to give out the URL, thats the only reason I'm waiting till Sunday. It's not a fancy site either, very plain, no ads, no distractions, just the event, fans, and special guest.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Does anyone still use IRC? I remember I would watch RAW and Nitro in the 90's while on IRC. That was the IWC to me.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
worth a shot.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah you probably can but has anyone bothered to try? This will be a dedicated site. It's still early though. We're going to try it on Sunday and if it's cool we'll keep doing it and keep evolving it. Personally I like talking with people online while the show is on. Your jokes will actually get through in real time, you can do a YOU CAN'T SEE ME hand in front of face when Cena dumps Otunga on his head, we're trying to figure out if we can do multiple chat rooms so if you want to hop in a video chat with 10 of your friends and do commentary or something. Just a lot of angles. It's something I would be all over for the shows so why not just make it ourselves instead of waiting for WWE to do some dumbed down version of it. I don't know of any other sites that do just that, there probably are sites that have chats attached to streams but I don't know of em and I don't here of them

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think live chat/forum is 40-50% of my enjoyment for wrestling viewing these days.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never video chatted during a wrestling show before so I think it's going to be fun. I just love that when Orton goes into his retarded viper coil dance we can possibly see some fan doing the same thing in his living room via video chat. Or see how many middle fingers go up with David Botchotunga shows up on screen.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
As much as I'd like the live chat, that'd be even more hectic than the forums with the amount of people that'd be on it from this forum. At least they have a time limit between posts here. If they didn't we'd be getting 1000+ page threads on 50 posts per page.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I think sometimes the chat, depending how much people are talking (which is usually alot) will slow the stream. In the end, it would be more annoying with people's computers freezing.

Personally, I don't think it would be a great idea in general but if you wanted to make it work, do it without the steam.
haha no it doesnt. it doesnt slow it down or speed it up at all

1 - 20 of 35 Posts