Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is everyone expecting to happen in the WWE after the elections?

If Linda wins,what happens?
If Linda loses, what happens?

And which would be a better scenario for WWE fans? Or maybe the election results won't have any effect on what WWE does.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Won't have any immediate big effects, they'll probably push the envelope a bit more often though. We might get to see blood back by 2012 :D

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Nothing. Just like every other election in America.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I sincerely hope she loses.

I doubt the product will improve much and past the PG Era. But if they ever switch back, it'll be because Linda lost. So...

·
Registered
884 Posts
if she wins, nothing is changing, if not going to be more pg.
if she loses, we'll have to wait until after the next elections for any change because you know she's going to retry next time.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Nothing until 2015!

The deal with kids toy giant Mattel(Barbie,Hotwheels) is the major reason why there is no blading; it also why the WWE was character driven,cartoonish and child friendly between 1990 and 1995 - i.e they had a lucrative deal with Hasbro.How many times did you see blading on television then?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
People who think WWE will stop being pg if Linda loses are setting themselves up for disappointment.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,100 Posts
People who think WWE will stop being pg if Linda loses are setting themselves up for disappointment.
Understatement of the year.

Linda's campaign and the PG rating have a second-cousin kind of relationship to one another in terms of relevance to one another.

I know this may shock some people, but one of the chief reasons the McMahons made their product PG (again) was for... brace yourselves... shhh, I'll whisper it...

Money.

Phew, I hope not too many people heard that one.

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
if she loses she is coming down to the ring with a chair and wearing a bikini and beat the shit out of everybody.... until they bleed :D

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
Nothing really

WWE got big deals with Mattel, Pepsi etc. to taking some risk and change the actual Pg product

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Change doesn't have to mean blood or no pg rating anymore, it could just be that WWE goes as close as they can without breaking the PG rating.

You can have PG-DLSV rating can't you? Or is there a limit on how much of those you can have?

I'm sure most people realized that there are things in WWE right now that aren't pg, they're more G rated so after the election, I see WWE really showing people that the PG rating doesn't mean what everything thinks it means.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Understatement of the year.

Linda's campaign and the PG rating have a second-cousin kind of relationship to one another in terms of relevance to one another.

I know this may shock some people, but one of the chief reasons the McMahons made their product PG (again) was for... brace yourselves... shhh, I'll whisper it...

Money.

Phew, I hope not too many people heard that one.
This. Exactly this. Why don't people understand? The company going PG had NOTHING to do with Linda's campaign and, let's face it, it wouldn't have helped. The Katie Vick angle came up early on anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts