Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I think Kurt was talking about straight wrestling ability, and he's right. Lashley is one of the best pure wrestlers in a long time.

We are not talking about spot wrestling here. We are talking about straight, grappling and catch wrestling. Lashley is one of the best around.

Pro wrestling fans tend to judge people's ability compared to guys like Sting who are all spot wrestling with no real wrestling ability. Lashley is a better pure athlete than almost everyone in TNA.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pure wrestling as in Olympic style greco-roman wrestling? How can he even make that comparison in pro-wrestling? how many guys like that even in last 10 yrs? Even then, Lashley's not that good.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Pure wrestling as in Olympic style greco-roman wrestling? How can he even make that comparison in pro-wrestling? how many guys like that even in last 10 yrs? Even then, Lashley's not that good.
Lashley is a multi-time collegic heavyweight champion, and a multi-time champion from the military fighting leagues. His style is based on freestyle wrestling, same as Kurt's.

He IS one of the most physically gifted wrestlers in the last 10 years. His issue has always been his mic skills.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Well, he probably said it because it's his job to say what he gets told to say?

Another point in Kurt's defense is that Bobby Lashley could probably out-shoot most of the company's other wrestlers from the last ten years.
I still think that is what Kurt was talking about. Pure wrestling ability.

I would love to see a shoot match between those two.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I remember Lashley making Benoit look like he didn't know shit when he took him down with a few double legs and rolled him around like a coach with a first timer on an episode of Raw.

Angle must be thinking purely like that.

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
TNA has always have done that, it's the little guy syndrome, trying to boost its worth. I remember around 1999 when Flair said "WCW is the great wrestling promotion in the World!" when they didn't do so well in mid 99, I knew they were in trouble. Proclaiming this was like putting a stamp on it, validating them as desperate and having a hard time.

As long as TNA doesn't get away from that Attitude, they'll always struggle and people won't give them the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Lashley is a great amatuer, but wrestling fans ain't got time for that. Think wrestling means Malenko spots and diving out of the ring.

It's funny.
Well, Malenko was a hell of a technical wrestler in his own right, but that's beside the point.

Too many fans no days don't understand how good guys like Lashley, Jack Swagger, and Bryan Danielson are.

I can not tell you how many people I've heard say that Austin Aries could kick Lashley's ass in a real fight or that Cena could outwrestle Jack Swagger.

I have to explain to them that Cena could not outwrestle a retarded gerbil. He is not a real wrestler, and can barely pull off spots as is.

Now days, all you hear is "This is boring" whenever there is a technical match going on.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Well, Malenko was a hell of a technical wrestler in his own right, but that's beside the point.

Too many fans no days don't understand how good guys like Lashley, Jack Swagger, and Bryan Danielson are.

I can not tell you how many people I've heard say that Austin Aries could kick Lashley's ass in a real fight or that Cena could outwrestle Jack Swagger.

I have to explain to them that Cena could not outwrestle a retarded gerbil. He is not a real wrestler, and can barely pull off spots as is.

Now days, all you hear is "This is boring" whenever there is a technical match going on.
Cena could probably do a decent tackle, but a wrestler would still tie his asshole up in knots.

I agree with you, it feels like the fan if today thinks real wrestling is acrobats doing double moonsaults and would hate two guys actually grappling.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
From a physical and technical standpoint, Kurt's got a solid point. Bobby has very Lesnar like athleticism. He might not have the charisma and mic ability as other stars, but his ring talent is real good. It's a shame its just taking this long to get a prolonged period of consistency in his work.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Being a great amateur wrestler doesn't automatically make you a great pro-wrestler. Pro-wrestling is about the ability to tell a story, you'd need strong in-ring psychology to claim to be the best. Kurt himself needed to be carried in matches during his early years. So again, how can Kurt even make this comparison? If Lashley is really that good, why is his catalogue of great matches so small? Is this guy even technical in-ring? All he does his spear and power moves.

Brock is better in every single way, anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.