Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I thought it was one of the best of the year.

What about you guys?

·
Banned
542 Posts
I Need to go back and watch it i only saw the main event which Kofi Carried the whole match. I hope he gets his main event push in 2011 we dont need another Christian on our hands.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The good - Baretta featured, and was not squashed by Drew. A few decent comedy bits (chavo talking to the soaring eagle-lol)

The indifferent- the intercontinental championship, its getting stale with the same guys all the time now. Need some big changes to shake things up. Ie Dolph to move higher on the card, and/or change face, Ezk in contention for the ICC as a face, and at least one more face change (Drew being taught by kellyx2 on what it means to be a good guy)

And the Divas match (yes its been promoted to indifferent!)

The Bad Edge and Rey. I hate fucking Rey, since he has to win all the time to make the kiddies happy. Edge is just dull now.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I was disappointed because "Dashing" Cody Rhodes did not get to admire himself in the digital mirror.:sad: Instead, he was already in the ring for his match against the Big Show.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Really pleased to see the IC title match as the main-event, I've always felt that a title match should be treated as being more important than anything other than a match featuring a bigger champion. Edge/Rey vs Kane/Del Rio, the supposed main-event at the start of the show, had no business being treated as such. I do agree with one of the previous posters that Dolph and Kofi have faced each other too often and they need to get more of the card involved. They don't need to be feuds, in fact they absolutely shouldn't be. Dolph (and future champions) need to have a succesion of challengers who have all earned a shot, each one making way for another, allowing the title to become the focus.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Tag match and the 3 way were worth checking out.

But was alright overall.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I saw an outstanding triple threat match that showed everyone including the wwe brass that these guys are main event players, but sadly i expect 2 if not all of them to be stuck in mid card status. They let rey win the rumble so why not let kofi win it, the problem with the wwe is that nothing is shocking so if your rumble winner is always going to be a stale vet then what's the point of watching.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
I really enjoyed the triple threat. I knew it was gonna be a great match with those 3 names involved, so I stuck it out, but otherwise I didn't bother with the show. I would've watched the ADR/Kane vs Rey/Edge match if ADR didn't job, but I don't need to see that again.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
It was actually a solidly fun show.

And it made me appreciate the fact that the Intercontinental Championship is on Smackdown. I know a lot of people think it belongs on Raw, but let's be realistic: no way does a midcard championship match get main event status and treatment on Raw. Unless John Cena or Randy Orton becomes the next United States Champion, at least. Having the Intercontinental Championship on Smackdown allows for the championship to be treated as a main, crown jewel of the brand, which merits main event status on the show on an occasional (should be more often) basis. This is one way in which having a "weak" roster actually helps Smackdown's cause, in that it can afford a bigger spotlight to the Intercontinental Championship and the individuals within its orbit. This triangle feud feels main event-level in a weird way because of how they opened and closed the show with it. That could never happen on Raw. Sure, none of those guys are really legitimate main-eventers yet (Kofi and Swagger have tasted it, fleetingly, but didn't quite break through for good), but on Smackdown they were allowed to be the "main event focus" of the show.

The tag match was fun. Divas tag match was enjoyable. I even thought the backstage party segments were kind of cute for once, usually those are annoying. Though there seemed to be a distinct lack of bodies, a sign that Smackdown could use some more blood.

And Trent Barreta was protected in his loss to McIntyre, I thought. He made a "rookie mistake," but he didn't eat a straight-up loss. I liked that touch. And they're really starting to build McIntyre up in a more believable way than ever before. He's more subtly conceited, and his ruthlessness is becoming a truly defining trait of his character both in the ring and elsewhere.

Cody's chest looked like it hurt.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
I was disappointed because "Dashing" Cody Rhodes did not get to admire himself in the digital mirror.:sad: Instead, he was already in the ring for his match against the Big Show.
That's funny, I got to see his full entrance in all its dashingness. These little things make me prefer the pre-air (from Australia), not to mention getting to download and watch it Friday afternoon. Feels good, man.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It was a good Smackdown Rey&Edge vs Kane&ADR was good the womens tag match was good and was given some time and the Main Event was really good too bad Swagger didn't win oh and Chavo was awesome

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought this was one of Smackdown's best shows this year. Lots of solid wrestling, with some nice (and surprisingly not annoying) comedy segments. I was also amazed by the way they treated the IC title feud this week. Letting it start and end the show made it have a lot of credibility once again.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Overall, I was impressed.

SD has struggled in 2010 due to bad booking and failure to push new talent as they've done in the past.
New Year's Eve had everything that was suppose to happen in the past 12 months. Barreta got a good showing. The mid-carders owned the Main Event. The humour was much better throughout the show.

There's probably a whole bunch of other stuff I should mention, but I'm still hungover from last night!

What I will say is that I hope neither Edge nor Kane gets up from the Last Man Standing match next week!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts