Wrestling Forum banner

Boneyard match or Firefly Funhouse?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoyed both very much and for me was the highlight for each night. I'd give the slight edge to Taker/AJ but both of them were for me the most enjoyable WM moments I've seen for years.

·
Premium Member
43,888 Posts
Boneyard Match for me. That one, at least, felt like a coherent story.

The Funhouse match, while amusing, felt like a high budget Youtube poop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Boneyard match was an extremely fun brawl with good cinematography and easily the most badass, intimidating version of The Undertaker we've had in literally years. The Funhouse match wasn't even a match, and was more like a backstage blooper compilation of Cena and Wyatt just goofing around like a pair of twats.

How anyone can think the Funhouse match was anywhere near as good as the Boneyard match is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
16,907 Posts
Boneyard match was about 5 minutes too long. All the extra dudes shouldn't have happened. They even cut them out completely in the recap. Otherwise, it was ok. It was a low budget fight scene.

Even still, there was so much recap and filler in the Fun House I almost tuned out at the time. It was an extended vignette to hype a match. The dialogue didn't have substance. They parodied some old speeches, tried to show that Cena has lost it, mocked Cena, mocked WWE....all over the place.

The best thing about the Fun House was seeing how jacked Cena still was. No idea the point behind most gags in the video. "This is such good shit" line had me laugh, though

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,452 Posts
Boneyard was better. Firefly Funhouse was funny, entertaining and had several great moments, but it was not a match. You are comparing a match to a promo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I found the funhouse match to be very entertaining. The graveyard match, not so much. It just came off way too silly, with the silly sound effects during Taker and AJ's punches, and the music in the background was too over the top for me. The druids and making fire come out of random shit made it dumber and dumber as the fight went on to me. I'm happy others enjoyed it though. Bray is the most entertaining guy in the company right now, so he made the sillyness work, and Cena played his part well too.

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
Boneyard match was great, but it did go a bit too long. Maybe they could have done a couple of more crazy spots to pace it better.

But the Funhouse 'match' was the most entertained I've been by anything WWE related in a very, very long time. Both of them were great in it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Firefly funhouse and it's not even close. Mainly because i didn't watch the Boneyard. I',m done with Taker. Can't even imagine from the comments i've seen here that it would be entertaining for me. I didn't even like the Matt Hardy stuff in TNA or WWE.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Boneyard was better, every thing of it was great, the trash talking, the fight,t he return of the american bad ass, the switch to the deadman gimmick at the end, it was really awesome.

The thing with the Firefly fun house is that wasn't a match, I wanted to see more action, I wanted to see Cena and Wyatt hitting each other, it was a great segment tough, but it wasn't a match.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts