Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Banned
13,624 Posts
So yeah, now that the shows over, a lot of people were saying that this show was going to dictate the direction wrestlemania would go.

What's your opinion now that the show is done?
Unless all of this a big swerve i want answers. HHH why u forgetting about Sheamus?, Why Raw Taker? Why Taker HHH?

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,325 Posts
Well my expectations are:

- Cena is going to win the title
- Undertaker will beat HHH
- I'm going to turn my TV off for the Cole v Lawler match
- Orton v Punk might be decent
- WWE has used the worse song in the world to promote Wrestlemania
- The Corre is going to do nothing
- Morrison's going to win MITB
- ADR will beat Edge for the title

· I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
33,305 Posts
I enjoyed the 2/21/11 stuff a lot. Punk was cutting a good promo but the Orton run-in could have been better. Hints of Danielson/Sheamus were interesting. Not sure where Del Rio/Kofi is going, but Del Rio on TV is a win for me. I hope Kofi isn't inserted into the title match when Christian could be instead.

The only downfall was Cena/Miz tonight. The focus was either on The Rock or them getting along for a tag title match. If this was a few weeks into the future and they've had some bad blood between the two already, then the tag title idea might be decent, but it wasn't to kick off the feud. Plus Cena has done that...what? 3 times already?

Edit: Forgot King/Cole. Hate it. But I hate it even more since it means it'll be just Booker and Striker/Todd on commentary. I hate Book's commentary more than King or Cole.

· Registered
812 Posts
HHH - Undertaker was built great at Wrestlemania 17, great build up, great match....10 years later....they are both far from their prime and ten years of wrestling has it's impact, I fail to see how this match will even come close to HBK vs Undertaker as even though it's the Undertaker in both matches, HHH is just not in the same league as HBK in the ring and hasn't been for many years.

· I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
33,305 Posts
I think the match quality for HHH vs. Taker will be fine. Plus it will probably have HBK as guest ref right? I'm not complaining since its either this or Sheamus/HHH and Barrett/Taker.

· Banned
2,590 Posts
HHH - Undertaker was built great at Wrestlemania 17, great build up, great match....10 years later....they are both far from their prime and ten years of wrestling has it's impact, I fail to see how this match will even come close to HBK vs Undertaker as even though it's the Undertaker in both matches, HHH is just not in the same league as HBK in the ring and hasn't been for many years.
That match was depressing, easily the worst of the night. Including Shane vs Vince.

· Registered
199 Posts
It was a bit of a disappointment to me. Not cause The Rock wasn't there because some pointless and unexplainable stuff. Like Triple H return to interrupts Taker's??? Ummmmm I undederstand that Undertaker was the one to retire HBK but it's still was pointless cause HHH should have went after Sheamus, the guy who took him out of action. Did Triple H forget about that? I think the fans would have been more hyped with energy if Triple H returned during the Sheamus match or something.

I'm a fan of Undertaker so I hate the way his return was done, I kind of wish the WWE didn't give us the whole build up to his return. It would have been better that way.

Miz/Cena wins the championship just to lose it minutes later??? I don't see whats the point of that.

The Divas match wasn't good as expected. Yeah this Raw was a let down, big time.

I agree with those who says the only match looking great for Wrestlemania this year is Punk vs Orton. Great build up.

The great thing about the show was Cena going basic thuganomics again for a moment.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
- WWE has used the worse song in the world to promote Wrestlemania
I can completely agree with this! Last year was terrible too. They used to be able to pick great songs.

Anyways, we have 5 weeks, so I'm going to let things build.
Tonight's RAW wasn't as bad as it seemed.
I think people just focus on terrible endings, block everything else out, get pissed,
and then say the whole show was terrible when it wasn't.
The main event and diva's match was pretty much the only downside of tonight.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.