Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been bothering me. I was taking a long break from WWE during the time that Cole and Foley were the commentators on SmackDown (after which Ross and Cole swapped shows, which left Foley with JR on SmackDown, if I heard correctly). Right after this was brought up on SmackDown, Foley said something about Jimmy Hart not being the most annoying person ever in his ear on the show, which seemed like a big knock on Ross.

Am I missing something? I thought JR brought Foley in and was instrumental in getting him over via commentary and that Foley regards JR as the best commentator of all time.

The hell?

Someone fill me in, because I can't stop thinking about this.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Foley was a commentator for Smackdown? Are you sure you're not thinking of Taz?
Maybe JR and Foley were together on Raw then? Basically, Foley said JR was a pain in the ass to work with for some reason.

The annoying person in his ear would obviously be a reference to Vince.
No, not obviously. It was during a talk about JR. And Vince would've been equally as annoying to Mick whether he was working with Cole or JR.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
When I first heard it I thought he was talking about Michael Cole. It would make sense if he was talking about Vince though because I heard Mick Foley had more issues then anybody else with handling Vince's voice being in his earset during commentary. That's a pretty smarky comment to make by Mick Foley if he was talking about Vince though. The casuals and your most averge fan assumed it was just about Cole or had no fucking clue what he was talking about. Perhaps it was just an inside joke but I think it's more likely he was just talking about Michael Cole. JR is the last guy I thought about when hearing that comment. Why the hell would he be talking about JR? He always puts over JR and was a babyface anyway.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Michael Cole referenced the chapter in Foley's last book where he blames Vince screaming in his ear during commentary as the reason he left WWE. Don't recall him working with JR anyway.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
His run working with JR was very short. I think Foley left about a month or so after JR got drafted over to Smackdown.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Foley holds JR in the absolute highest regard, he was talking about Vince.

The chapter about doing commentery was one of the few interesting parts of his last book, hhe talks about all the little rules one must follow and how Vince HATES pro-nouns! you get told off for using he/she/them/it

ie the wrong way of announcing 'Batista hit Mark Henry with a chair, he really hurt him with it'

the correct way -'Batista hit Mark Henry with a chair, Batista really hurt Mark Henry with the chair'

pretty funny really, these are Vinces little ocd shit, also, dont even THINK about reffering to the Undertaker as 'taker', almost makes you feel sorry for Cole, its long been stated that he gets it worst on the headsets.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Foley holds JR in the absolute highest regard, he was talking about Vince.

The chapter about doing commentery was one of the few interesting parts of his last book, hhe talks about all the little rules one must follow and how Vince HATES pro-nouns! you get told off for using he/she/them/it

ie the wrong way of announcing 'Batista hit Mark Henry with a chair, he really hurt him with it'

the correct way -'Batista hit Mark Henry with a chair, Batista really hurt Mark Henry with the chair'

pretty funny really, these are Vinces little ocd shit, also, dont even THINK about reffering to the Undertaker as 'taker', almost makes you feel sorry for Cole, its long been stated that he gets it worst on the headsets.
Haha, what a lunatic.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Foley worked with JR for a few shows and that was it. I think once Cole left SD, they needed a new guy on SD to yell at so they chose Foley.

He was never talking about JR when mentioning an annoying person in his ear, he was talking about the people feeding them the lines and stuff(which is why he called it the "magic headphones"). Around that time, HHH was on commentary too and he was joking about having so many people yelling in his ear.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
He was refearing to Vince Mcmahan. Not JR. Silly OP!! Lol. Just joking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts