Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With WWE going through era's of the teenage-older demograph and the PG demograph, TNA being a teenage demograph (At least), I was wondering what other companies like ROH, CHIKARA and other companies including over seas companies like ones in Japan or Mexico. Also if they go through different era's (if you can remember).

Please let me know about as many companies because it is something I am interested in because when people think wrestling its childish and lame. But if somebody went to Japan, it might be considered something different.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ROH aims at "wrestling fans", which is code for whoever the hell they can get to watch.

CHIKARA likes families, little kids and all.

Japan really doesn't have a target demographic that I know of (except Dragon Gate which targets kids and chicks).

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
ROH is aimed at fans that are between 15 and 30 years old, are smart to the business, are mostly from the North-East of the U.S. and have enough disposable income to buy Nexus T-Shirts and ROH DVDs.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
CZW and XPW back in the day focus on hardcore wrestling, which is a demographic in of itself inside the wrestling business. Pretty sure PWG is also focused on kids?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
PWG is aimed at people, mostly 18-25, who watch wrestling to enjoy it and don't take it too seriously.

EDIT: Oh dear god no PWG is not for kids.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the "age demographic" doesn't matter but rather in WWE and even TNA sometimes a certain wrestler can appeal to a different age demographic while being deliberate like Cena or non deliberate sometimes as well. In a lot of indy feds they just appeal to wrestling fans and if kids go to the shows or go out of their way to buy the dvd's well then that's cool because they have good taste in wrestling and can think outside the box already at a younger age than most kids who casually watch for John Cena and then want mommy to go buy them the John Cena shirt and the Rey Mysterio mask and all the action figures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts