Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say if the WWE were to actually pull the trigger on turning Cena heel by having him break Taker's undefeated at Wrestlemania, in what ways would it benefit Cena's career from then until retirement and what would it do for his character onwards from that point, whether face or heel?

How will it also benefit the WWE as a whole until Cena's retirement?

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
Other than maybe getting him killed, it won't do anything for him. Cena is already one of the biggest names in wrestling history, he stands to gain nothing from the Streak.
Well he could become the biggest heel the company has ever seen overnight but yeah, the streak isn't going to be broken.

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
Well he could become the biggest heel the company has ever seen overnight but yeah, the streak isn't going to be broken.
It could also make Barrett the biggest heel the company has ever seen overnight, or Sheamus, or Del Rio, or whoever.....now for them, that's an accomplishment, but for John Cena? It wouldn't mean jack shit. He's already the face of the company, he's already made more money than just about.....anyone, what does it really do? It doesn't cement his legacy at all, he's already carved out one of the biggest careers anybody's ever had.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
If Takers going to get beaten at WM, it will be by someone like Wade Barret or Alberto Del Rio.
Probably not because in order to beat Undertaker and end the streak your name will be etched in WWE history which means you literally can't fuck up anymore.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i dont know it depends because hes already done alot if anything id rather him be face if he faced taker so it would be out of respect. it would be a nice way to go because in cenas early days taker done a promo with cena cant remember the basics, but it was along the line of your doing well kid. so if cena is the one to beat him then the wwe should go along the lines of respect takers streak cant be taken out of cold blood it could kill a charcter i think.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
It wouldn't benefit him at all...But I'd like to see something like this happen, such as Cena defending against him, and Undertaker wins by DQ and Cena keeps the belt, and then they go into a huge feud about it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For those saying it would do nothing for his career, what do you think it would do for his legacy (and character from that point onwards), if nothing else?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Cena breaking the streak would solidify him as one of the greatest legends in the history of pro wrestling, imo.
agreed i sed that in early thread it would do that for anyone though wouldnt it? theyd be future hall of famers

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
It would make him an even bigger star and in the process some very, very good television. I don't think it should happen though.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
It would make him the 4th biggest star in WWE history overnight imo, especially if he's heel. Behind Hogan (1), Andre (2), Austin (3). Would be awesome though, all things have to end I guess, will be probs the 2nd biggest moment in WWE history if it happens also.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Nothing, except making his wrestling resume that much more impressive

1 - 20 of 46 Posts