Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough Enough is definitely gonna need a few changes if they want to avoid repitition (which is exactly what NXT suffered from)

A change in trainers is definitely needed.
Last year's trainers were pretty great, keep Demott, but change Stratus with Lita. Not sure who to replace Booker though, he's gonna need to be there on a weekly basis though.

Austin was an amazing host and really can't be beat, so he can and should stay.

What would you change about the show that would help give Tough Enough a successful second season?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Get some better talent in, half of them were useless. There wasnt anyone there capable of breaking on the wwe roster. How Big Andy won still baffles me to this day

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think that the shows needs contestants with a little more experience seeing as it seemed that the majority of the people on this show was just on it because it was a television program rather than because it was pro-wrestling. Make in a bunch of guys/gals from the indies I'm sure they can suit their criteria of finding attractive women and men to be on the show, with personalities but the difference is here is that these guys will have the ability to make an instant impact if they win, rather than sitting on the shelf for what seems like forever.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
They either have to make it that the contestants either have no experience or all of them have at least some experience (don't know how much to be exact). Like look at Matt for example, to me he was in a no win situation. If he showed off his flashy moves I feel it would have been a strike against him while he got eliminated because he didn't "shine" during his moment

You can't judge a guy with say 5-6 years in the indy's to somebody with no experience at all in a matter of weeks. Natrually, the guy with the experience will look disinterested learning simple moves

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get some better talent in, half of them were useless. There wasnt anyone there capable of breaking on the wwe roster. How Big Andy won still baffles me to this day
he won bc the show was designed for him to win. the guy was released from his developmental deal to be put on the show. and lol @ the show/trainers trying to portray him as the next undertaker when he is smaller than swagger.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I need Booker T acting as ridiculously as he does when he's announcing. I want him sitting in the corner sipping a Heineken and yelling "Awww, shucky ducky quack quack!" constantly every time a female contestant is doing something.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Demott and Austin are a must. If you go for Lita, I feel like Edge would be a great option for the last trainer.
not only would this generate interest but i feel Edge's recent developments (almost being crippled) would really emphasize how serious a business the WWE is.

As for the talent themselves, I think they really need to scout it long and hard.

They need to scour the indies, scour the colleges for amateur wrestlers and they need live interviews where physical fitness and charisma can be assessed prior to the competition because guys like Eric are simply a waste of a spot. Hell with the Olympic qualifiers coming up aggressively pursue heavyweight wrestlers who don't make the squad!

Other seasons of tough enough show us just how weak the last season was. No-one had even a 5th of Maven's ability...MAVEN for godsake!

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,747 Posts
Alot of good suggestions here here are mine

Males and Females should not compete against eachother, should be one male winner and one female winner.

Either use all actual wrestlers or all complete noobs to pro wrestling not a combo of the 2.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Werent some of the girls and jeremiah the only noobs to wrestling?
And still Eric, Big Andy etc were bordering on terrible..

Its not necessarily the backgrounds that need to change as much as tighter recruiting. And the total lack of Andy's presence in WWE isnt going to do wonders for pulling in serious competitors...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Maybe tough enough could be a show where the people they get for it are people NOT competing in fcw. So they could see if someone from TNA or ROH wants to be on the show.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts