Wrestling Forum banner

My thoughts?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wish I wanted to order BFG tonight, but like most TNA PPVs, I don't. Here's some things I would've done if I was booking...

Bound For Glory card (option 1)

>TNA Championship 6 Man Match - (Champion) Kurt Angle vs. RVD vs. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. The Pope vs. Matt Morgan
-They've used AJ, Joe, Pope and even Morgan poorly the last couple yrs, why not give them what they deserve, time in a main event, an important main event. RVD doesn't deserve it as much as the others, but him being in the match wouldn't hurt. AJ wins the belt.

>For control of TNA - Sting vs. Hulk Hogan
-Sting wins (read at the bottom for my thoughts on this match).

>Monster's Ball Match - Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss
-So Hardy is just left off the PPV? Really? Unbelievable. Abyss isn't on the card either, so why not have this match, especially after Immortal abandoned Hardy? Not to mention all the crazy spots these two could do in a Monster's Ball (which I think they've had before, but it's not like they couldn't make it new w/ different spots). Hardy wins.

>Mr.Anderson vs. Bully Ray
-Anderson wins (read at the bottom for my thoughts on this match).

>4 Man Elimination Match - Bobby Roode vs. Kaz vs. Daniels vs. James Storm
-Roode wins (read at the bottom for my thoughts on Roode).

>TNA Championship Match - (Champion) Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho
-Bring in Jericho if possible, as a face, have him win the belt.

-Sting wins (read at the bottom for my thoughts on this match).

>Monster's Ball Match - Jeff Hardy & RVD vs. Abyss & Jeff Jarrett
-Hardy and RVD win, Jarrett turns on Abyss, Abyss lays him out.

>AJ Styles vs. Ric Flair
-If no AJ in a TNA Title Match, why not him vs. Flair? Although I read Flair is injured. But they never really had the match they should've after Flair turned on Fortune, and I think these two had great chemistry, like Sting/Flair. AJ wins, but not with the Styles Clash cuz you know Flair would screw it up and make it look ugly.

>Mr.Anderson vs. Samoa Joe
-Joe wins.

>Matt Morgan vs. The Big Show
-Bring in Show if possible, have him win.

>The Pope vs. Carlito
-Bring in Carlito, why TNA hasn't already is beyond me, a great free agent, whoever wins, wins.

>4 Man Elimination Match - Bobby Roode vs. Kaz vs. Daniels vs. James Storm
-Roode wins (read below for my thoughts on Roode).

>TNA Championship Match - (Champion) Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode
-Really?!? This is the BFG main event?!? I know there's alot of Roode fans and supporters, but I think he's overrated, or at least not ready for the main event or TNA Title division. He's not original at all. He was doing a rich guy gimmick which was started by DiBiase and continued by JBL. His name is supposedly a tribute to Rick Rude. And most visable, he's a Triple H wannabe with him emulating all his manerisms (while his partner James Storm does moves a guy his size shouldn't do, learn how to work!). Do something original Roode! Besides him not being ready for this, this is a shit pairing, Angle should be in the main event with someone alot better and more deserving. I'm not saying Roode isn't a future main eventer (I don't think he is, but he may prove me wrong), I'm just saying he shouldn't be in this main event, a PPV main event yet and not in the TNA Title hunt just yet either.

-I'm a huge Sting fan (even tho he's not as athletic as he was in WCW, he's still awesome and he's actually made an effort since returning this yr unlike previous yrs in TNA), I hate how Hogan has made himself the focal point of TNA, and while I think Sting and Hogan's interaction for the last two yrs has been cool to watch (most of the time the only good thing on the shows), I'm not sure how good a match they can have in 2011. They're Starcade 97 match should've been awesome and could've been, but it fell a tad short for some reason (although it had its moments), here we are all these yrs later, not sure why they think they'd have a better match now. I guess they're just relying on star power and not actual performance, which could work. I think it's the best storyline TNA has and should be entertaining to watch if nothing else. But after it's done, Hogan and Bischoff really should just go away.

>Falls Count Anywhere Match - Mr.Anderson vs. Bully Ray
-I could understand having this match if Anderson didn't have any other possibilities, but you have Joe, RVD, Abyss, Pope and Jeff Hardy all available, so why not pair him with one of them? And if TNA did my 6 man match for the TNA Title like I said above, I could understand having this match. While I think Ray is a decent worker, he has def. put himself in the spotlight way too much, def. made himself out to be something he's not (a main eventer), which I guess you can do when you're on the booking committee. I think Anderson deserves better, but him working w/ Ray isn't the worst thing if no other options.

>3 Man Match - Matt Morgan vs. Samoa Joe vs. Crimson
-Why is Crimson in wrestling?!? I wouldn't have minded Joe vs. Morgan, but they could've paired them w/ better opponents, especially Joe. I was never a big Joe fan but I at least admit they could be using him a whole hell of alot better than they have. What do you want to bet Crimson wins this and continues his hard-to-watch/undeserving push?

>Full Metal Mayhem - RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
-Why the hell is this match happening? Is this ECW and 1997/1998? I could see doing this at Hardcore Justice last year (I think they did right?), but why now? Lynn has never been shit and he's completely irrelivant now, so why put a star of RVD's caliber with him at a PPV of this magnitude? I've lost alot of respect for RVD since he came to TNA, he's incredibly lazy now, but he should at least be paired w/ someone better on all PPVs, especially this one.

>AJ Styles vs. Daniels
-Same story as RVD/Lynn, this is an old feud, why go back to it now in 2011, especially when the perfect AJ Styles should be paired w/ someone much better. I don't mind Daniels, but I'm tired of TNA throwing AJ into feuds w/ Daniels just to try to make Daniels relivant. If Daniels hasn't made it yet, he never will, so give up and let AJ shine with the main eventers already. Styles better win too, tired of seeing him lose to opponents who shouldn't be going over him (Bully Ray, Gunner).

>X Division Title Match
-Do I even have to mention this match?!? Kendrick is the most worthless wrestler I've ever seen (worse than Glacier and Juvi), and when he talks I want to shoot myself in the head!!! His promos aren't creative, they are retarded!!! Austin Aeries? First off, who the F is he to use the name "Austin" as a pro wrestler? There shouldn't be another "Austin", especially this no-talent midgit. I know there are alot of marks who like him, but why??? Because he's awkwardly fast? Because he moves strangely? Because he wears the uggliest attire ever? Because he copied Rico's look (I can't believe I remember Rico)? Both these guys are losers and don't belong in wrestling!!! I have nothing against the X division, but they could've had a match w/ Kaz and Gen Me (if they stayed) or something, X division guys who are actually talented and cool.

>Knockout Title Match
-Not real sure who's in this, I think Winter, Mickie, Velvet and....? Not sure on the fourth. I think Mickie and Winter one-on-one deserves the spot on BFG, maybe a 3 way with Tara who is being underused. I gotta say though that Velvet is almost as worthless as Kendrick and Aeries, if not for her looks she would be equally worthless. Everybody bashed Lacey Von Erich for being horrible, but nobody says shit about Velvet!?! Not only is she a terrible performer and seller, she doesn't know how to act in the ring during promos and matches. She's like a fan being in the ring w/ wrestlers, she always looks out of place, like some kid talking trash on the playground, She should've been fired a long time ago, or just put in the back as an announcer, although she'd probably be unbearable to watch in that role as well. The only thing the fans and I wanna see is her ass, and she even hides that with her not-flattering ring attire. Mickie, Winter and Tara are what women's wrestling is all about, maybe even bring in Gail Kim as a special ref.

If I were TNA, heading into 2012, I would fire the following people to improve their company
>Vince Russo (long overdue)
>Mike Tenay (also long overdue, one of the worst commentators of all time, his boring robotic no-selling hurts alot of storylines, not that TNA has great storylines, but he makes them worse)
>Scott Steiner (WTF is he in wrestling still?!? He was attrocious in 2003, it's 2011! one week he's against Immortal, next week he's suddenly buddies w/ them, terrible booking)
>Crimson
>Hernandez' partner (don't even know the guy's name, but he is a Chavo ripoff, and whoever thought they'd see somebody rip off the worthless Chavo Guererro???)
>Jerry Lynn
>Austin Aeries
>Kendrick
>Velvet Sky
>Rosie
>Tessmacher (nice tight ass, but go away)
>Christie Hemmey (horrible ring announcer)
>Jeremy Borash (same as Hemmey)

Retire:
>Sting (love him, but nothing left to do in TNA, go into WWE HOF and WM)
>Hogan (had hope, didn't deliver in TNA)
>Bischoff (always liked him more than McMahon, doesn't get enough credit for WCW, but he didn't deliver in TNA)
>Flair (Flair fan, but it's sad to see him wrestling in 2011, just like it was sad in 2004 and on, not sure he'd be good as a manager either cuz he tries to overshadow the talent)
>Jarrett (I like JJ, got respect for him unlike most fans, but he should stay behind the scenes)

Focus on the following:
>AJ
>Joe
>Angle
>J.Hardy
>RVD
>Anderson
>Pope
>Morgan
>Abyss
>Bully Ray
>Kaz
>Roode
>Storm
>Daniels
>Winter
>Mickie
>Tara
>Sarita
>Angelina
>Karen

Bring in:
>Someone who can book/write alot better
>Shane McMahon if at all possible, either as an on-air personality/commissioner or a booker
>Chris Jericho (could bring TNA to a new level)
>Big Show (could work well w/ the roster)
>Rey Mysterio (fits in perfectly)
>Carlito (would be used right)
>Shelton Benjamin (would be used right for once, I think)
>JR to replace Tenay if possible
>Joey Styles to replace Tenay if not JR
>Gail Kim (great woman wrestler)
>Awesome Kong (can't believe WWE had her turn soft, un F'ng real)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Wait, no. i just read through some of it, Robert Roode is a triple H wannabe, and Storm can't work a match.
Keep it that colour, so nobody else has to fucking read that shit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about the colors fellas, think i fixed it. sorry to the bobby roode fan too haha, just my opinion, vote!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
That is the dumbest shit that I have ever read. Robert Roode's name a tribute to Rick Rude? The guys name is Robert Roode.

Anyways, I almost quit reading when you wanted Rob fn Van Dam in the Main Event instead of Robert Roode. That's all that I needed to see to know your post wasnt worth my time.

The fact that you would release Velvet Sky, Crimson, & Austin Aries confirmed that I should have just quit reading earlier. You do realize that no one wants Carlito, Benjamin, Mysterio, Big Show, or any other ex-WWE midcarder in TNA...right?

TNA is giving us Robert Roode -vs- Kurt Angle for the TNA Heavyweight Championship. That = my $$$, helluva PPV tonight.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
sorry about the colors fellas, think i fixed it. sorry to the bobby roode fan too haha, just my opinion, vote!
Aha, well at least you're not trolling man.
its less that i'm a Roode fan, everyone has their own opinion, its just your criticisms of certain wrestlers, like A double for example, are a bit steep, like theres no founded reason for you to say it, if you wanna hate on a wrestler, you'd best go into detail bro.

Anyway, my problem with some of the stuff is its unrealistic booking, if you were in charge of TNA right now, your ppv main event would come down to a clusterfuck 6 man match, or signing Chris Jericho, who is notorious for his hatred of Hogan and Bischoff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me why you would keep Velvet, Crimson and Aeries? Seriously I wanna hear something convincing. Hey I said I don't have alot of respect for RVD, but he's more of a main eventer than Roode. Mysterio, Benjamin and Carlito would fit right in with AJ and Joe as talent, Show would help get others over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think my critisisms of "A Double" (is that like Double A Arn Anderson?) are steep, I think they are acurate, and I did go into detail. His style is so absurd. Just because there is 6 guys in the ring doesn't mean it's gonna be shit, we're talking 6 great talents. I'd certainly rather see that than Angle/Roode. And I've always read Jericho praise Hogan, and so what if he doesn't like Bischoff, you think everybody likes eachother in wrestling? It's called being a pro and working together. Bringing in Y2J would be a big help to TNA, and if you had read, I said to get rid of Hogan and Bischoff after the PPV.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Velvet is the best woman in wrestling right now as far as being a total package and being marketable.
Crimson is a talented young blue chipper.
Austin Aries is extremely talented and seasoned and has a ton of charisma.
RVD isnt more of a main eventer than Roode, maybe in 2005 but not in 2011. Mysterio is done, Carlito fucking sucks, and Big Show is fucking played out. I have been watching that dude for like 16 years now, Im tired of him.

83% of the people in this thread agree with me. Robert Roode is a badass and James Storm is too. They are Beer Money, the best tag team in wrestling who are about to be major singles stars starting tonight.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
can't say i agree at all. but hey that your opinion.

i really like the card they've put out could be better with the addition of the likes of Pope but the only match im not looking forward too is RVD vs Lynn but that will deliver a good solid match.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
can't say i agree at all. but hey that your opinion.

i really like the card they've put out could be better with the addition of the likes of Pope but the only match im not looking forward too is RVD vs Lynn but that will deliver a good solid match.
Remove Lynn and RVD And have Pope facing Devon with some kind of stipulation about Devon's boys.
Then you'd have me intersted.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I don't think my critisisms of "A Double" (is that like Double A Arn Anderson?) are steep, I think they are acurate, and I did go into detail. His style is so absurd. Just because there is 6 guys in the ring doesn't mean it's gonna be shit, we're talking 6 great talents. I'd certainly rather see that than Angle/Roode. And I've always read Jericho praise Hogan, and so what if he doesn't like Bischoff, you think everybody likes eachother in wrestling? It's called being a pro and working together. Bringing in Y2J would be a big help to TNA, and if you had read, I said to get rid of Hogan and Bischoff after the PPV.
Is HHH like AAA the wrestling promotion? Is The Rock like The Rock Don Muraco? Or The Rock Mitch Richmond?

And why would anyone want Bischoff to leave TNA when he has done so much for it in terms of production and getting it on the road more often? Fucking ridiculous.

Robert Roode>>>>all your WWE guys. Jericho, sure, he would be good for TNA and would bring alot to the table. But the rest of those guys, along with RVD, can just stay away.

Would love to see JR in TNA though, no doubt. Joey Styles can piss off though, the only thing he can do is say "OH..MY...GOD" 30 times in a show. Other than that he is as bad as Scott Hudson.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You didn't just say Velvet is the best woman in wrestling...did you? I can't even reply to that comment. You literally just boggled my mind. "Blue chipper" don't mean shit, he's a waste of time, he's a Test or Hedienreich or Snitsky or Albert, waste of time today, gone tomorrow. Austin Aeries and Kendrick seriously make me want to injure myself. I don't think you're hearing me about RVD, I use to like him, he was good up until like 2003, he's incredibly lazy, but he wouldn't be in the match by himself, he'd have talent like AJ, Joe, Pope and Angle carrying him, so that small part by RVD is better than a full one-on-one match involving Roode. Beer Money is overrated. Best tag team in wrestling? Okay, but that's not saying much, there is no tag team wrestling!!! Storm has got alot of personality, I'll give him that, but the guy doesn't know what kind of wrestler he wants to be. He's doing superkicks, back-stabbers, inziguris, pick a style. You say Beer Money are about to be major singles stars tonight, but is Storm even on the card?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You didn't just say Velvet is the best woman in wrestling...did you? I can't even reply to that comment. You literally just boggled my mind. "Blue chipper" don't mean shit, he's a waste of time, he's a Test or Hedienreich or Snitsky or Albert, waste of time today, gone tomorrow. Austin Aeries and Kendrick seriously make me want to injure myself. I don't think you're hearing me about RVD, I use to like him, he was good up until like 2003, he's incredibly lazy, but he wouldn't be in the match by himself, he'd have talent like AJ, Joe, Pope and Angle carrying him, so that small part by RVD is better than a full one-on-one match involving Roode. Beer Money is overrated. Best tag team in wrestling? Okay, but that's not saying much, there is no tag team wrestling!!! Storm has got alot of personality, I'll give him that, but the guy doesn't know what kind of wrestler he wants to be. He's doing superkicks, back-stabbers, inziguris, pick a style. You say Beer Money are about to be major singles stars tonight, but is Storm even on the card?
Test was underrated actually. same goes for Giant Bernard/Albert.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey when you are Triple H and The Rock, you can steal nicknames, but when you're Austin Aeries who is ripping off two legends in Austin and Arn Anderson, and you won't ever be anything, that's ignorant. I didn't say get ALL those guys, I meant try to get as many as you can, it doesn't hurt to have young talent who has already been established. Mysterio can still put on great performances, Benjamin can be awesome. Okay Carlito wasn't amazing or anything, but could be an asset. Same w/ Show. As for Joey Styles, I'm not crazy about him either but anything's better than Tenay.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Velvet is. Everytime she is on TV her QBs rise above the previous QH. Who is more marketable? Awesome Kong is the only one I can think of and she isnt around these days.

And, no, Storm isnt on the card. Wonder why, maybe because he has a major role tonight. Jeff Hardy isnt on the card either. The Rock wasnt on the WM card, guess he sucks too lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts