Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that social media being brought up a lot in terms of WWE. WWE also seems to be focusing on it quite a bit, they have a department that deals with social media only.

My question is how does having a strong social media presence benefit the WWE financially?

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
I see that social media being brought up a lot in terms of WWE. WWE also seems to be focusing on it quite a bit, they have a department that deals with social media only.

My question is how does having a strong social media presence benefit the WWE financially?
Nah, quite the opposite actually if the last financial report is anything to go by lol. But yeah, they sorta just use it as a way to make it seem like they're still popular and socially relevant.

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
They use it to determine who to push and what sectors.

The recent focus on India is because 70% of their social media followers come from there and they think they can monetize there

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
some of their videos are mad though, think the undertaker return against brock on raw for the contract signing has about 42 million views, cant be bad.

youve got to have a social media presence these days, its just the thing nowadays.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've always assumed that they mention it on tv to keep it trending so it'll help bring in new fans by seeming relevant. I don't think it's working.

·
Banned
581 Posts
It's a pertinent indicator to the tastes and preferences of a considerable section of their audience and also a means to identify the scope of growth in various markets where they haven't been able to convert potential customers to full time paying consumers.

They may not bring money en masse into the company but in this day and age of digital media and the ever increasing clout of the internet, it's a relevant platform to keep track of and maintain your presence in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Financially, as mentioned, it doesn't benefit them at all. The hope is surely that people who dont watch will see the clips and want to watch the full shows and buy the network. I mean, they won't, but that is their hope, surely

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Social media is not about them making money directly.

Its to show to show investors and sponsors that they are socially relevant and are talked about.

It is also a good way for them to measure trends to see which superstars are getting talked about a lot, which ones are popular, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts