Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: What are your thoughts on the Universal title being blue now?

WWE Already Selling New Universal Title Belt

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,554 Posts

Utterly repulsive. Bryan Danielson’s eco-friendly belt was nicer.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

I never thought it would be possible, but this new belt looks even worse than the red one. Might be the blue color, but it looks extremely fake. Even the women title looks better.

I wonder how is it possible that the NXT UK belt, which is supposed to be the least important of any WWE title, looks better than all of the others. Seriously, who is the moron that gives their least relevant belt the coolest design, and then the shittiest design to their main titles.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I hate that title both red and blue and will always hate it. Having a championship that looks like a Walmart toy makes the champions that hold it look like losers. Burn it, redesign, throw out the window just get rid of those titles for the love of God.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
The Blueniversal title is much better than the red version and it's still not good, and completely unnecessary and ridiculous to always have to have this title the color of the show. At some point in the future, it's going to be back on Raw, and then what, it changes back to red again? They should've just made it black like the WWE title. Yeah, they'd look the same, who cares? The UFC titles look the same. An even better idea would be to just use real title belts like you used to.....

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
It makes total sense considering how the Fiend's signature color is blue
:lmao

Maybe he can feud with The Big Blue Machine Kane after Survivor Series?

Nah, who am I kidding, we all know who is coming back to claim what is his...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Shitty belt for a shitty promoter in a shitty company. They all deserve eachother. Wyatt on the other hand deserves better. #AEW
Being on a show that nobody watches, that has no relevance is not "better" for him, it's worse. Remarkably worse. He's the world champion of the most watched wrestling show on the planet, on the biggest network, and he wouldn't be vastly different in AEW considering that this character was his brainchild and he has a decent amount of control over the creative, barring booking decisions with it, and it shows, and people love it.

Todays fans have no idea what they're talking about. SmackDown does around 2.4, 2.5 million viewers and you want him on a show that does 800 or 900 K and think that's a REWARD?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Being on a show that nobody watches, that has no relevance is not "better" for him, it's worse. Remarkably worse. He's the world champion of the most watched wrestling show on the planet, on the biggest network, and he wouldn't be vastly different in AEW considering that this character was his brainchild and he has a decent amount of control over the creative, barring booking decisions with it, and it shows, and people love it.

Todays fans have no idea what they're talking about. SmackDown does around 2.4, 2.5 million viewers and you want him on a show that does 800 or 900 K and think that's a REWARD?

The show that does almost one milion viewers weekly have been on the air for one month and the wwe has in various forms been on national television for 30+ years. The fact that they are doing 2 milion viewers at this point is a joke. Aew are probably going up with time while the wwe like they have since the year 2000 will keep on declining. The only large wrestling promotion for 20 years, with presence all over the world and thats the number they do? Lol. In aew bray would work a quarter of the shows, not do as much media/appearances and maybe even earn the same or more who knows. Jericho got the best deal in his life he says and the same could be for bray. He wouldnt have to worry about writers telling him what to say and producers telling him how to work his matches. Why would anyone want to be in wwe I imagine.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Why.

Everytime I see the two women's championships, the WWE and the Universal titles, I wonder why. Why do they think they look good? Why do they think every important title looking the same but with coloured straps is a good idea? I guess it has something to do with being obsessed with "the brand being the most important thing". They want the titles being just a giant W over a strap because that way it's more recognizable as a WWE prop than the Big Gold or the wingled eagle belts. The strap being blue, red or whatever is just the cherry on top of the diarrhea cake, as some iconic youtuber would say. Because, even if they totally need most titles to include the huge ugly W, isn't there a way to make it look like a proper prestigious wrestling championship belt? I'm sure a good designer could create something half-decent.

But everytime I see those 4 titles I can't help myself but wonder what the hell were they thinking. As another guy said, the UK NXT Championships look way better than the 'main event' belts.

These are the NXT UK Tag Team Championship belts. Probably the most worthless championship WWE has. And they look like actual wrestling championship belts. It looks way better than any main roster championship introduced in this decade, except maybe if you count the reintroduction of the old Intercontinental belt in 2011. How is that possible?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

It's ugly, but honestly thanks to mock ups I expected it to look way worse so this is comparatively better, it's like expecting to get kneed in the crotch but you get slapped in the face instead, it's still bad but you expected it to be far worse.

The two current "world" titles are the ugliest belts in wrestling history apart from the spinner belt. If they brought back the Big Gold Belt, Big Eagle, or first Undisputed belt, I would care.
Worst of all time I'd say goes to Jeff Hardy's championship belt in Impact around 2010ish.

Now this wasn't just a belt he carried around this temporarily was THE world championship (because heel faction said so) which looked even worse when anyone but Jeff Hardy was holding it...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts