Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title.

Since I made the tread I guess I'll answer it to.
-No Continuity
-Flavor of the month pushes ala Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Drew Mcintyre etc.
-Lack of tag team division and no mid card feuds worth watching
-Raw and SD always opens with a 20+ minute promo
-Gimmick based PPV's are fucking retarded(RR and SS are exceptions, I'm talking HIAC, TLC, F4W etc.)
-Triple H still gets more air time then the whole roster when he doesn't even wrestle

I can go on all day but I mainly want to hear your guys' opinions.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
- Lack of diversity in the main event.
- Lack of a real tag team division
- Jerry Lawler
- The same matches or small variations of the same matches (Ziggler vs Bourne, Ziggler vs Kingston, Ziggler & Swagger vs Air Boom, sometimes Mason Ryan and Rhodes thrown into the mix etc..)
- PPV's with no or not enough build up, + PPV's so close after each other, 2 weeks is not nearly enough to build up a PPV.
- Lack of credible stars
- The US and IC titles hardly meaning anything
- WWE fucking up good storylines a couple weeks in, or dropping them altogether without giving it a proper build.

That's what I have for now.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
  • Nothing makes any fucking sense.
  • No continuity.
  • Stop/start/stop/start pushes.
  • No real feuds anymore.
  • Midcard means nothing.
  • Whenever they come across something good they fuck it up or run it into the ground.
  • They always push the wrong guys.
  • Nobody has any freedom on the mic.
  • The commentary sucks.
  • Too many PPVs.
  • Too kid-friendly which leads to shitty crowds.
I could go on.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
That's a good list.
I'm even a big fan of Swagger, Ziggler, and McIntyre. I just agree that it's stupid to constantly push someone for months only to pull the rug out on him in the end. They do it to pretty much everyone who isn't in the Cena/Orton area. They even did it to Sheamus initially, and it took him a while to really get built back up to where he is now.

Triple H does get way too much air time.

The midcard has been better recently (for the most part), but that's a very recent development largely centered around Cody, Ziggler, and the War of the Caras.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
guys who arent over get pushes while other who are over just have to deal with mid card and lower for a few years
always the same guys in the main event
jerry lawler
jerry lawler
jerry lawler
tag team matches are always shitty and to much fucking ppvs

i still do enjoy the damn show but those are things that bother me

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a good list.
I'm even a big fan of Swagger, Ziggler, and McIntyre. I just agree that it's stupid to constantly push someone for months only to pull the rug out on him in the end. They do it to pretty much everyone who isn't in the Cena/Orton area. They even did it to Sheamus initially, and it took him a while to really get built back up to where he is now.

Triple H does get way too much air time.

The midcard has been better recently (for the most part), but that's a very recent development largely centered around Cody, Ziggler, and the War of the Caras.
Agreed about the mid card, I just want to see if they can keep it up. If they give Mason Ryan the U.S title I'm going to fucking facepalm to no end. I kind of want Rhodes to feud with sheamus for the belt. Makes it feel like it has some meaning.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I dont understand why people complain HHH gets more airtime when its because of him mid card talent like dolph, cody, swagger are getting over.

If this was Taker or Austin doing it , you people would gladly accept it. So much double standards around here.

Biggest problem is you guys dont realise that superstars like cody,dolph or swagger are talent that we know and discuss everyday here but to the casual fans these guys are nothing, unless they are involved with a star like cena or HHH.

Plz learn to seperate IWC from casuals guys! Understand how the business Works first. People are not gonna watch a Dolph Ziggler match on raw, no matter how talented he is.

But put him in a match with Cena & people will pay attention.

Look at this week's rating to understand what i am saying -

Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne & Mason Ryan vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger & David Otunga match lost 658,000 viewers.

Anyways, My only gripe is that there are too many PPVS a year. CM punk angle went to shit because of this.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont understand why people complain HHH gets more airtime when its because of him mid card talent like dolph, cody, swagger are getting over.

If this was Taker or Austin doing it , you people would gladly accept it. So much double standards around here.

Biggest problem is you guys dont realise that superstars like cody,dolph or swagger are talent that we know and discuss everyday but to the casual fans these guys are nothing, unless they are involved with a star like cena or HHH.

Plz learn to seperate IWC from casuals guys! Understand how the business Works first.
Your generalizing the fans, you see, some of us are not complete morons. I would hate if austin got as much air time as HHH, actually I'd be mad if anyone got as much air time as HHH. He literally got like 50 minutes of air time in a 2 hour show..

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
- Triple H, who has turned out to be poison to the company. If he doesn't stop trying to bury everyone else to make him look like the only important guy on the show this company is doomed.
- Michael Cole. I just can't take it anymore. He buries everything he sees and he & King just won't stop bitching to each other when they should be putting the wrestlers and the action over.
- The Divas. They're beautiful.....and that's about it. If you love in-ring ability that would make you rip your eyeballs out and throw them in the river, the Divas are where it's at.
- No love for the mid-carders. Someone tell me the last time a mid-carder in WWE had a least a five win streak? The current mid-card champions continue to do unimportant jobs that make them look useless and uninteresting. Should they pull through with Danielson's WM title shot when that time comes no one will give a shit since they keep making him lose.
- They won't make the obvious pushes. Ryder and Dolph are perfect examples. Dolph mic abilites are improving and Ryder may be the most popular mid-carder but HHH and creative couldn't give two shits.
- They only correctly book one guy every once in a while (i.e. Mark Henry) when EVERYTHING should be correctly booked.
- Booker T. Either cut the "ignorance" shit or just take him off commentary. Please.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Your generalizing the fans, you see, some of us are not complete morons. I would hate if austin got as much air time as HHH, actually I'd be mad if anyone got as much air time as HHH. He literally got like 50 minutes of air time in a 2 hour show..
fpalm

They were running a major angle Last week... the entire roster walked out. Wasnt cena,punk & sheamus present there with HHH in that segment?

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I find it ironic that OP being a randy orton fan is complaining about HHH getting more air time. Atleast HHH draws ratings but randy orton, without even being a draw, is ruining smackdown everyweek.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
The Roster Split means absolutely nothing anymore, enforce it or do away with it.

Tag Titles look like a fucking Fisher Price toy, I'd rather job than wear them.

Constant Title changes.

Lack of faith in guys like Barrett, yet they push people like Mason Ryan who fucking sucks.

And finally, not enough Kaitlyn.

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
Title.

Since I made the tread I guess I'll answer it to.
-No Continuity
-Flavor of the month pushes ala Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Drew Mcintyre etc.
-Lack of tag team division and no mid card feuds worth watching
-Raw and SD always opens with a 20+ minute promo
-Gimmick based PPV's are fucking retarded(RR and SS are exceptions, I'm talking HIAC, TLC, F4W etc.)
-Triple H still gets more air time then the whole roster when he doesn't even wrestle

I can go on all day but I mainly want to hear your guys' opinions.
Whats wrong with ziggler being pushed? Anyway back on topic i agree with all that you have posted apart from ziggler.

The promos that are overlong annoy me the most because that can be used for talented superstars putting on classic matches.

Also a lack of any feuds that last for a couple of years back in the attitude era you had Benoit vs Jericho,Benoit vs Angle feuds go on for ages.

Also tag matches are dull they should stick to the tornado format that way more exciting and more chance of tag team moves.

Short title reigns that mean nothing

·
Registered
486 Posts
-no tag division
-no major focus on mid-card feuds
-top belt getting passed around too much
-Cena not losing clean
-Seemingly great storylines fizzle out and have no huge payoff
-too many PPVs
-JR not calling PPVs
-Orton and Cena perpetually in the title picture

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I find it ironic that OP being a randy orton fan is complaining about HHH getting more air time. Atleast HHH draws ratings but randy orton, without even being a draw, is ruining smackdown everyweek.
Orton is an active wrestler, can you say that about HHH? You can't rely on Triple H forever.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Orton is an active wrestler, can you say that about HHH? You can't rely on Triple H forever.
I know that yes but if he can draw, he should be used.

Why does undertaker have a match in every Wrestlemania? Dont you think two young superstars could use that spot?

WWE is a business in the end. Thats the way it works.

and christian is an active wrestler, he also draws more than orton as a champion, hell even mark henry does so tell me why orton is hogging the Smackdown main events?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Too many PPV's.
Titles meaning nothing.
No proper feuds.
Mark Henry is WHC.
Cena v Rock being announced so early has ensured that no-one will cleanly pin Cena till at least WM.
The Divas. Especially Kelly Kelly.
Mason Ryan.
PG rating. Hey, it was PG in the eighties, but we still had blood, snakes biting, etc.
The Smackdown theme tune.
Teddy Long.
No proper tag teams.
Not enough Stephanie.
Crowd reactions (or lack of).
The amount of commercial breaks on Raw and Smackdown.

Apart from that, it's awesome.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know that yes but if he can draw, he should be used.

Why does undertaker have a match in every Wrestlemania? Dont you think two young superstars could use that spot?

WWE is a business in the end. Thats the way it works.

and christian is an active wrestler, he also draws more than orton as a champion, hell even mark henry does so tell me why orton is hogging the Smackdown main events?
I can't deny that. I'm a fan of Orton for his wrestling, but he does not deserve his spot, IMO Christian should be the face of the brand considering at one point he was even out popping orton W/ the del rio feud. Also Orton is a fucking borefest on the mic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts