Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
- do you feel they are no different than having a male ref?
Exactly how I feel.

- do you feel they should ref only women's matches or it shouldn't matter?
It doesn’t matter what gender the participants are.

- for male viewers, do female referee ever distract you from a match?
No. And it’s not because they aren’t pretty. It’s because I want to focus on the wrestling match at hand.

I am asking because generally the ref is a flimsy looking guy that many wrestlers will push around and belittle. I could see that being a problem in todays scope of whats appropriate if female ref is officiating a men's match. also the female ref AEW uses is what I think lots of guys consider a 'hot chick' , I wonder if she distract viewers (assuming she refs men's matches I don't watch AEW)
Female refs can take a ref bump if they want. And I've always been able to pay attention to any match in AEW featuring Aubrey Edwards and not get distracted at all, even though, yes, she is attractive. Its like I have self control and enjoy watching wrestling matches, or something.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I see no difference whatsoever if there's a male ref or a female ref, as long as they're good at their job they deserve their spot. If you're not super obvious when you're communicating spots and you're keeping the story of the match going you're doing a fine job as a ref.

I wonder if it was wwe's decision to make her a ref or was due to some kinda injury
Sometimes wrestlers are fine stepping back and having fun being a ref, Drake Wuertz had a solid career on the indies (fair warning he might not be for you if deathmatches aren't your thing, he did those often) and he's talked about enjoying being a ref.
Also having a wrestler for a ref means they know how to take and sell the bumps just fine.

·
Registered
376 Posts
They are referees, man or woman I view them the same.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,222 Posts
I feel the same way as I do about male referees, the less I notice of them the better. As long as they can take a ref bump, who cares about the official.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts