Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am curious what is people's general thoughts on female ref?

- do you feel they are no different than having a male ref?

- do you feel they should ref only women's matches or it shouldn't matter?

- for male viewers, do female referee ever distract you from a match?

I am asking because generally the ref is a flimsy looking guy that many wrestlers will push around and belittle. I could see that being a problem in todays scope of whats appropriate if female ref is officiating a men's match. also the female ref AEW uses is what I think lots of guys consider a 'hot chick' , I wonder if she distract viewers (assuming she refs men's matches I don't watch AEW)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Perfect for female matches if they ever want to do ref bumps. Especially because WWE doesn't allow male/female interactions unless the women are hitting the men. And it looks infinitely less ridiculous having these women beating up other female refs or officials.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I think they did a great job of getting rid of the real story of the first female referee. She was raped by Vince and no one remembers that she existed.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they did a great job of getting rid of the real story of the first female referee. She was raped by Vince and no one remembers that she existed.
do you remember when the stories of Ashley Massaro being raped during the tribute to the troops tour in Iraq story surfaced after her death?, how with a quickness you stopped hearing any further updates to that? WWE paid off the whistleblower or did something to make sure that didn't blow up

·
Registered
58 Posts
I feel nothing.

Edwards gets on my nerves, though. You're a friggin' referee! Stop acting like you're more than that, please.

·
Standing with The Man
6,098 Posts
Doesn't bother me at all, matches don't feel affected by their presence so they doing the job (Kayfabe job of a Ref by communicating instructions from the back and keeping matches flowing) correctly it seems, as for the character side of a ref they could enhance Womens matches in future with taking "realistic bumps"

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,145 Posts
I have no problem with female refs or female refs taking accidental bumps from men, let them ref any match where they have enough creative chemistry with the talent to make it good.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Indifferent Snooker etc has had female referees for eons. Always been a fan of Intergender matches

If I was a vampire whose sustenance was obtained from the anguish and desperation of Virgin Neckbeards NXT fans I think I'd be as fat as a blue whale by now.

It's beautiful. Excuse me, it's feeding time again. lol

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,279 Posts
As someone already said a ref is a ref so it doesn't really matter what gender they are. Some refs can be over the top though which can be distracting in a match.

Reactions: Lorromire
1 - 20 of 28 Posts