Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain what the point of calling up kross was just to strip him of scarlett and his entrance. I dont get why call up an undefeated champ and have him lose quick to hardy. And yeah it wasn't clean but idc it's still dumb. It would've been like goldberg losing his streak back in the day to hurricane helms or something. But they did ruin the fiend with goldberg. Why have Bray lose to a couple spears after surviving way worse in other matches. Then goldberg loses to braun who withstood the spears the fiend couldn't. Then have strowman lose to the fiend. Its puzzling and I know it was supposed to be Roman not Braun idc. I'd be fine if goldberg won dirty with weapons or something but is anyone impressed by any spear by anyone anymore. Multiple top champs shouldn't have the same basic finisher and everyone should have a unique finisher anyway. The spear seems lazy. I love wrestling and always watch I just wish they would get more creative I'm sick of the predictability. They have done good since fans came back I just hope it continues and doesn't go stale again.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also why did they basically give away Bray wyatt's character to Alexa. I feel like he needs to come back completely new again now and the fiend could've been similar to taker. Should've kept the fiend away from the title like taker or they should've had him lose the title as funhouse Bray. I would've be fine if daniel bryan won the title instead of goldberg, the 2 matches of bryan vs fiend were awesome and goldberg hasn't put on a good match in years.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody can explain it to you because it makes zero sense. There is no explanation that would ever make sense.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
You're right but to me its feels like any real fan could write better and for what they get paid to write repetitive crap and not take chances seems like a giant waste of money. I'm sure vince has a bunch of yes men. Hes prob afraid of anyone whose creative or has a diff opinion than him. A good owner would want to have different opinions thats how you stay fresh. Once vince goes no matter the successor its gotta get better I'd hope. HHH would do good nxt is the most consistently good show of the three the last few years. I wasn't a fan of his other than dx but he seems to have the guts to take chances and not be overly predictable. No one wants to watch any wrestling show that has the same matches for months on end with the same winners.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They always have enough interesting things to keep me coming back but with Bray, Becky, bayley, db, all gone for now and not alot of main event talent developed its gonna get stale quick if they dont look to the future. Cena and edge are cool but they aren't gonna be around long and they need long term answers.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The only explanation with WWE's booking is

1) They are deliberately trolling the viewers to be unpredictable and edgy.

2) They have so much money coming in and no need to sell PPVs that they can take on the above booking approach.

3) Vince only cares about Roman Reigns. Literally everybody else are supporting actors or cannon fodder that are replaceable due to the size of the roster and performance centre.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
15,247 Posts
I think my eyes are bleeding.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Vince has recently always had this thing about beating new guys. I think it’s almost a right of passage for him to make sure guys won’t refused to job, etc. When AJ came in, he beat him left and right before giving him the title. Vince thinks wins and losses don’t matter and people have a short memory. That they’ll forget in a few weeks months. I don’t agree with him but seems like that’s how he thinks.

·
Registered
13,274 Posts
Here is the thing... maybe Vince doesn't view Kross as highly as HHH does

The only reason you even care about Kross to begin with it because of HHHs booking of him and Cole, Gargano, Ciampa etc using every power in their being to put him over like a monster.

For a long time some of us have said Kross was just the girl and the entrance. They stripped that away and you could see that yes indeed the smoke and mirrors massively benefit him.

Big thing i took from whole thing was live crowd had absolutely no fucking clue who Kross was. Reminded me of Jon Moxleys debut in TNA...

·
Registered
13,274 Posts
Vince has recently always had this thing about beating new guys. I think it’s almost a right of passage for him to make sure guys won’t refused to job, etc. When AJ came in, he beat him left and right before giving him the title. Vince thinks wins and losses don’t matter and people have a short memory. That they’ll forget in a few weeks months. I don’t agree with him but seems like that’s how he thinks.
Nobody remembers Charlotte Flairs Raw debut

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only explanation with WWE's booking is

1) They are deliberately trolling the viewers to be unpredictable and edgy.

2) They have so much money coming in and no need to sell PPVs that they can take on the above booking approach.

3) Vince only cares about Roman Reigns. Literally everybody else are supporting actors or cannon fodder that are replaceable due to the size of the roster and performance centre.
I think its number 2 and 3 mostly cause vince has a boy crush on Roman and mitb was better than all the pandemic ppvs combined cause Vince only cares about getting the proper crowd reactions and he actually puts effort into it. On one hand I love wwe for never missing an episode of anything during the pandemic on the other hand they could've literally tried anything new to switch it up or experiment and they didn't really. The cinematic matches were cool and the pre thunderdome matches were tough to watch. They missed an opportunity to step way out of the box just cause. Number 1 would be cool but imo they are still very predictable.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is the thing... maybe Vince doesn't view Kross as highly as HHH does

The only reason you even care about Kross to begin with it because of HHHs booking of him and Cole, Gargano, Ciampa etc using every power in their being to put him over like a monster.

For a long time some of us have said Kross was just the girl and the entrance. They stripped that away and you could see that yes indeed the smoke and mirrors massively benefit him.

Big thing i took from whole thing was live crowd had absolutely no fucking clue who Kross was. Reminded me of Jon Moxleys debut in TNA...
I agree I dont like kross but I think its dumb to let him get built as completely unbeatable for over a year with 2 dominant championship runs and job him to hardy like that. I think it makes more sense to work with nxt instead of throwing all the work out the window. Look at Keith lee too his nxt entrance was way better and he beat Orton clean in his raw debut and he was booked to be squashed by lashley. Anyone could've done that instead. If that was to setup a good story/feud that's cool but wwe usually doesn't think too far ahead.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Cause Vince, that's why.

·
Southern Pride
5,207 Posts
Vince McMahon. That is the only explanation. I want to say Bruce Prichard also since he is involved in creative and seemingly is a stooge for Vince but I try to give him the benefit of doubt.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree but tbf Natalya was young there too compared to Jeff who is at the end of his career
True
Jeff is good I like him but he hasn't won much lately he was jobbing on main event even natalya didn't fall that far. If natalya was related to anyone but the hart's she would've been booked more like charlotte imo. Vince has bad feelings with Brett and always will no matter what they say publicly and he never took any real responsibility for owen and fought his widow too the bitter end in court.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts