Wrestling Forum banner

What are they doing to John Morrison?

2721 30
Three weeks ago, Morrison was on one of the hottest streaks of his career, the crowd was loving him, he had momentum, he'd just become the most showcased wrestler in the Elimination Chamber with a fantastic performance. It looked like they had actual plans for him. Since that point he's...lost to CM Punk clean, didn't appear and lsot to Dolph Ziggler clean.

It's kind of reminding me of last year when he had another great chamber performance, then he ended up losing all momentum and jobbing in three minutes at WM to Miz and Show. I don't understand what they are doing with him. It's as if they've thought, 'holy hell, this guys getting over, he's near the main event...lets squash him' it doesn't make any sense.

Hopefully this does lead to some kindo f match with Ziggler at Wrestlemania but there was no angle created on RAW, Morrison just jobbed for Ziggler on his first night on RAW. Ziggler/Vickie vs. Morrison/Trish could work with Trish/Morrisn promoting Tough Enough (Morrison winning the show and all). But it just seems strange tht for three straight weeks, it seems like they've gone out of their way to lose all his momentum and now showcase him at all.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Leader of #TeamBAE
1,599 Posts
Three weeks ago, Morrison was on one of the hottest streaks of his career, the crowd was loving him, he had momentum, he'd just become the most showcased wrestler in the Elimination Chamber with a fantastic performance. It looked like they had actual plans for him. Since that point he's...lost to CM Punk clean, didn't appear and lsot to Dolph Ziggler clean.

It's kind of reminding me of last year when he had another great chamber performance, then he ended up losing all momentum and jobbing in three minutes at WM to Miz and Show. I don't understand what they are doing with him. It's as if they've thought, 'holy hell, this guys getting over, he's near the main event...lets squash him' it doesn't make any sense.

Hopefully this does lead to some kindo f match with Ziggler at Wrestlemania but there was no angle created on RAW, Morrison just jobbed for Ziggler on his first night on RAW. Ziggler/Vickie vs. Morrison/Trish could work with Trish/Morrisn promoting Tough Enough (Morrison winning the show and all). But it just seems strange tht for three straight weeks, it seems like they've gone out of their way to lose all his momentum and now showcase him at all.
Losing on RAW is nothing, he'll win at Wrestlemania. Everybody looks at the product from a week to week thing, but you have to look at it from a more larger standpoint. He'll look strong with Trish and Kelly and most likely win at Wrestlemania, and then from there he could logically be booked against Punk, Miz or remain in a feud with Ziggler during the months after Wrestlemania. If his momentum was shot, he'd stop getting cheers. Even when his booking was lost, he's gotten consistent cheers, especially with DiBiase and Sheamus.

Also do you know what match was given the most time tonight and coincidentally (although technically not considered one) went on as the last match/ Main Event for RAW? The WWE sees big things with Morrison/Ziggler, they moved Ziggler to RAW after all.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
This always happens to him. He goes up, goes down, goes up, goes down, goes up, goes down. He's simply not a main event level performer and the only reason worth bringing him up a bit is so other guys can look good at his expense. Mind you, he's still a good bet to win the Raw MITB anyway unless Ziggler takes that too.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
He took last week off and lost tonight to the guy who was just robbed of the World Heavyweight Championship. It's not like he's being buried or anything.

· Registered
2,680 Posts
This always happens to him. He goes up, goes down, goes up, goes down, goes up, goes down. He's simply not a main event level performer and the only reason worth bringing him up a bit is so other guys can look good at his expense. Mind you, he's still a good bet to win the Raw MITB anyway unless Ziggler takes that too.
Other than the "not main event level" bit, QFT.

· Registered
255 Posts
I was a bit pissed off, but then again he'll probably win against Ziggler at WM. The crowd was really behind him which was great to hear.

· Registered
1,780 Posts
They are setting him up for a MITB win.REMEMBER no-one has won the MITB in Mania has carried massive momentum going into that match.No-one.

It takes away the spotlight from him allowing him to take the MITB.Apart from Ziggler I see no one capable enough to win MITB unless WWE does another "Swagger" style win & gives it to Mcintyre or Kofi.

· Registered
2,419 Posts
That is a bit harsh. He is being overshadowed right now and as soon as he came out I knew he was going to job. No way they would let Ziggler lose on his first match as a RAW superstar. He will have his time. Just need to be a little patient.

· Premium Member
485 Posts
Well I guess that rumor about Ziggler/Morrison at Mania holds a little more weight now.

I can only hope it was half right though, because being thrown in with the divas for an inter-gender tag match just screams 4 minute filler. I'd rather a more meaningful singles match between the two. Would be show-stealer if given ample time, no doubt.

As for Morrison after Mania, well, who can say really? Here I thought that they were actually going to do something big for Morrison this year because he was riding the wave of his most consistent push to date, yet here we are 4 weeks to go and we are still speculating if he will be in a match at all. I can only say that I hope he remains over and doesn't fall back down in the shuffle. I suppose he could get drafted SD and win the SD MITB and cash-in face style by announcing a match for Summerslam. I just hope he is still relevant and over at that time.

· Registered
5,737 Posts
I decided to use my 32 years of wrestling watching to come up with this answer:

I DON'T KNOW!!

Not a clue. It boggles the mind and makes no sense. Perhaps the writers are too lazy and only care about Cena/Rock? That's the only thing I can think of.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
^Great mic worker, tons of charisma, marketable, one of the best work ethics in the business...what more do you want? He's earned it.

That is a bit harsh. He is being overshadowed right now and as soon as he came out I knew he was going to job. No way they would let Ziggler lose on his first match as a RAW superstar. He will have his time. Just need to be a little patient.
I don't think it's harsh. I'll admit, I'm the type of person who just doesn't care what people think, I say things bluntly and openly. To be harsh, though, means you're saying something that's unwarranted. I don't think anything I've said about him is unwarranted. The guy is bad on the mic, let's face it. REALLY bad. Even some of his fans (SOME of them, the more rational ones) will admit that he's one of the worst mic workers in the history of the business. That is a key element to being a main eventer. I don't think he's charismatic, I don't see the potential for him to be marketable, I don't see the potential to draw money. I don't see the crowd interested in him to the level that they SHOULD be, given the push he's recieved. I mean, there's been guys like Kofi who are handed shit, and he's still over HUGE, yet Morrison was on a huge push and the reactions were still lackluster when he should've been blowing the roof off. He just doesn't have that "it factor", he needed an abnormal amount of help to even get to this level of overness and it's still nothing special.

People will say he deserves a push based on his in ring work, but I wouldn't push somebody based on their in ring work. It's the least important thing, and even then, his ring work lacks depth. I don't like it when guys try to show off, it looks like they're trying to compensate for lack of a personality. And hell, even if you were going to give out pushes based on ring skills, I think Bryan should be in line MUCH before Morrison.

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Vince has a raging hard-on right now for young heels. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of them. He wants to and has pushed Ziggler, Mcintyre, Swagger, Rhodes, Del Rio, Miz, Barrett and Sheamus. Meanwhile, the likes of Morrison and Kofi are just fed to them. Then Vince realises, "Oh shit, I've pushed too many young heels. Who are they going to possibly feud with? I've just run out of credible faces for them to feud with. Ah well, I'll just send them to Superstars, give them a one week championshp reign,repackage them, send them to FCW or get them to swap shows."

The heel/face ratio among the mid-card is getting almost laughable. They need to just decide which heels they want to back (I'd personally choose Barrett, Del Rio, Miz and Rhodes) and stick with those guys rather than giving these half-pushes to everyone. Maybe then some of the faces like Morrison will actually get some exposure in Wrestlemania season.

· Registered
2,419 Posts
^Great mic worker, tons of charisma, marketable, one of the best work ethics in the business...what more do you want? He's earned it.

I don't think it's harsh. I'll admit, I'm the type of person who just doesn't care what people think, I say things bluntly and openly. To be harsh, though, means you're saying something that's unwarranted. I don't think anything I've said about him is unwarranted. The guy is bad on the mic, let's face it. REALLY bad. Even some of his fans (SOME of them, the more rational ones) will admit that he's one of the worst mic workers in the history of the business. That is a key element to being a main eventer. I don't think he's charismatic, I don't see the potential for him to be marketable, I don't see the potential to draw money. I don't see the crowd interested in him to the level that they SHOULD be, given the push he's recieved. I mean, there's been guys like Kofi who are handed shit, and he's still over HUGE, yet Morrison was on a huge push and the reactions were still lackluster when he should've been blowing the roof off. He just doesn't have that "it factor", he needed an abnormal amount of help to even get to this level of overness and it's still nothing special.

People will say he deserves a push based on his in ring work, but I wouldn't push somebody based on their in ring work. It's the least important thing, and even then, his ring work lacks depth. I don't like it when guys try to show off, it looks like they're trying to compensate for lack of a personality. And hell, even if you were going to give out pushes based on ring skills, I think Bryan should be in line MUCH before Morrison.
I agree he has bad mic skills but he is not totally devoid of charisma. He needs to be given more time on the mic to actually improve which they never seem to give him. He got a pretty good reaction on RAW too, so he does have a fanbase. It is just up to WWE to make up their minds on whether they actually want him to be a big player in the future and then stick to the plan.

And although I strongly disagree with ring work being the least important factor in a push, it seems like Vince agrees with you. The man will eventually kill the art of actual wrestling.

· Registered
12,139 Posts
JoMo entertains in the ring as much if not more than The Miz on the mic.. Pro Wrestling, the priority should be the quality of the wrestling skills.. not the mic skills.. Miz can tell a story on the mic and is below average in the ring much like Cena.. But Morrison tells a great story in the ring and cant do that on the mic simply because hes not the man of words but actions.

Nothing against Miz.. but JoMo deserves to be a champion as much as Miz does. They are equal, The difference lies in the area's of quality.

· The Man Comes Around
8,805 Posts
this. But i better realize than being a great wrestler means nothing in the WWE these days like you said it's all about being marketable on a TV set.

Whatever back on track Morrison may go back to Smackdown or before the summer he'll be irrelevant

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.