Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I once had a dream that I was at a Wal-Mart, walking the aisles. People in the aisles were being interviewed with a microphone. It was such a long dream, and each person being interviewed must've talked for several minutes. The dream must've been half an hour, at the least. But when I woke up, about 30 seconds had gone by on the clock.

In another dream, I was walking around in a large school I don't recognize from real life. I finally got to class. The teacher told the kid sitting next to me to bring him some dirt that was on the floor next to the kid, but the kid picked up the dirt and tossed it at the teachers desk instead. The teacher then blamed me for it. The next thing I remember, class was over, and I was having trouble finding which direction to go in to get to the car, because the school was so large. Then I woke up.

What fascinates me most is, dreams remember things we don't consciously. I get feelings, memories, etc, that I only remember while dreaming, but that I don't get consciously. I recently read an article about the Edgar Cayce approach to dreams. From Cayce's view, the subconscious mind is not restricted by the physical world or time, and it is in contact with the subconscious minds of both the living and the dead. Edgar Cayce was like the United States' Nostradamus, and his psychic readings contain a wealth of material. Other people, though, dismiss dreams as nothing more than random nonsense. There are countless ideas about dreams and their meanings.

I asked my doctor once what a subconscious is. He said that's a good question. He said it's things deep down in your mind. He said you might hate peas deep down, but don't consciously realize it. So that knowledge is there in the mind, just not consciously. According to the dictionary, the subconscious is your inner mind. What are the weirdest dreams you've had?

·
Registered
25 Posts
This one is a recurring dream.

In the dream I am married. I get offered a great job, me and my wife move to a new town far away from our families. She is pregnant, gives birth to a baby daughter, and passes away after giving birth. In most occurrences of the dream, my wife and daughter are nameless. In a few, the daughter is named Sarah. I'm depressed, trying to figure out how I'm gonna raise Sarah as a single dad (again, we had moved FAR away from family so I couldn't ask them for help too well).

A time skip happens, me and Sarah are at the park. This lady walks up to me, demanding to know why I'm sitting on a bench near the kids playground. I explain I'm keeping an eye on my daughter. The lady doesn't believe me so she calls the cops. I explain the situation to the cops, they don't believe me either. I'm about to be cuffed when Sarah walks up to one of the cops asking "What are you doing to Daddy?" They finally accept that I'm her dad and let me go. I'm pretty pissed, ready to be home after this, so me and Sarah go.

Another time skip, Sarah sees I'm struggling keeping it together (job wise and missing my wife). She (in about Jr. High) suggests I try to find a nice girl, get back in the dating world. A final time skip, Sarah graduates high school and heads off to college. And that is when I wake up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Most of my nightmares are usually me in some sort of classroom setting without pants. I was an outcast in school so I'm sure it has something to do with my need for acceptance

·
Registered
51 Posts
In my dreams I don't have pants on while always trying to finish things that I didn't complete as I'm being chased by zombies making occasional stops to romance women that I have no idea who they are but seem to have qualities of several gals I've done the sex to, on, or in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts