Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i stoppped watching after wm22 (becuz it was horrible)

so between wm23 and before 27 what are some rivalries and matches that are worth looking into ?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Re: what are the top 10 rivalries of the last 5 years(i wanna catchup on what i misse

Cena vs Orton,
Cena vs Edge,
Undertaker vs Edge,
Cena vs Batista,
Orton vs McMahons,
CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Re: what are the top 10 rivalries of the last 5 years(i wanna catchup on what i misse

Chris Jericho vs. HBK
HBK vs Undertaker
Orton vs. The McMahon Family
Cena vs. Orton
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy
HHH vs. Undertaker
The Miz vs. Cena
CM Punk vs. John Cena/The WWE
Batista (heel) vs. Cena
Edge vs. Cena

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

Jericho vs HBK in 2008 was awesome
the Nexus angle was good prior to Cena burying them
Jericho vs Rey over the IC title is worth watching for the matches alone

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

Cena vs Umaga
Adr vs Rey

·
Banned
856 Posts

Not in order

John Cena vs Edge
John Cena vs Jericho
John Cena vs Big Show
John Cena vs Orton
John Cena vs Sheamus
John Cena vs Batista
John Cena vs Miz
John Cena vs Khali
John Cena vs JBL
John Cena vs Nexus

·
Registered
5,247 Posts

Not in order

John Cena vs Edge
John Cena vs Jericho
John Cena vs Big Show
John Cena vs Orton
John Cena vs Sheamus
John Cena vs Batista
John Cena vs Miz
John Cena vs Khali
John Cena vs JBL
John Cena vs Nexus
LOL

In no particular order:

Cena vs Edge
Cena vs Nexus
Cena vs Punk
Undertaker vs Batista
Undertaker vs HBK
HBK vs Jericho
Punk vs Hardy
Edge vs Undertaker
Batista vs Cena
Kennedy vs Undertaker

·
Registered
975 Posts

I'm surprised I'm the only one who's mentioned Orton vs. The McMahons/HHH...that's honsetly some of the best heel work ever...regardless that the WM match sucked, everything else was amazing

·
Registered
5,247 Posts

The Orton vs HHH feud actually drove me away from the product for a good 2 years so i think it's understandable that i wouldn't pick that one lol

·
Registered
975 Posts

The Orton vs HHH feud actually drove me away from the product for a good 2 years so i think it's understandable that i wouldn't pick that one lol
lol, you didn't dig the punt to Vince's head, The DDT/kiss to Stephanie as HHH watched...I marked for that shit lol

·
Registered
6,430 Posts

HBK vs Undertaker
HBK vs Jericho
Batista vs John Cena
Punk vs Jeff Hardy
Nexus angle till Cena buries them

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts

Hmm. As a combination of both good matches & an intense rivalry I'll say:

Batista vs. The Undertaker - '07
Edge vs. The Undertaker - '07-08
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels - '08
Randy Orton vs. McMahons & Triple H - '09
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - '09-10
Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio - '09
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy - '09
Nexus vs. WWE - '10
Randy Orton vs. Christian - '11
John Cena vs. CM Punk - '11

It's difficult. Some of those didn't last very long but the only alternatives I'd consider were Bret/Vince (despite the worst match ever), Orton/Cena & DX/Legacy.
I didn't include Edge/Cena because that was around the period OP stopped watching.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

New Breed vs ECW Originals 2007
HBK vs Y2J 2008
HBK vs Undertaker 2009/2010
Orton vs the McMahons 2009
Cena vs Punk 2011(too short but intriguing)

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts

I agree with most of these. Also check out CM Punk vs. John Morrison, during their ECW Title feud. Underrated, IMO and always brought solid matches.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Jericho/HBK, Jericho/Rey, HBK/Taker those are the only ones I consider cant miss

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts

In no particular order:
1. CM Punk - Jeff Hardy
2. Cena - Batista
3. Jericho - HBK
4. Cena - Nexus
5. Undertaker - Edge
6. Orton - Mcmahons
7. Punk - Cena
8. Edge - Jericho
9. Barrett - Orton
10. Daniel Bryan - Miz

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts

Michaels/Jericho
Punk/Jeff Hardy
Cena/Edge
Triple H/Orton
JBL/Eddie Guerrero
Undertaker/HBK
Undertaker/Batista
Batista/Cena
Cena/Orton
Matt Hardy/MVP (One of the most underrated feuds of recent years, great little midcard feud that lasted near enough 12 months)

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts

Chris Jericho vs. HBK
HBK vs Undertaker
Orton vs. The McMahon Family
Cena vs. Orton
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy
HHH vs. Undertaker
The Miz vs. Cena
CM Punk vs. John Cena/The WWE
Batista (heel) vs. Cena
Edge vs. Cena
Pretty much.

I suppose you could argue Wade Barrett and Nexus vs. WWE as well. The whole angle flopped hard though...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

In no particular order.

1. Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho (featuring Batista and Ric Flair)
One of the best built heel turns any wrestling company anywhere has ever done in my view. Turning the Y2J persona into the basis of nearly all the main event heels subsequently is quite an achievement. And as in 90% of great heels it worked so well because Jericho was correct. Michaels was lying, Michaels did cheat and the fans were being hypocrites. And he managed to garner a huge amount of heat regardless. The basis of the Michaels vs Flair match going into the Batista feud was very clever as well. Great play on a real life situation and Jericho getting involved just added to it. It also helped it had some of the best WWE matches of the past few years, the Unforgiven ladder match and the one at the Unoforgiven with the championship scrambles are brilliant. Proved to me that Michaels is one of the best ever, and elevated Jericho to a true main eventer level far more than his run with the Undisupted title did in my view.

2.John Cena vs Edge
In my view the feud that defined the last few years of Cena dominance, and as good a piece of evidence as you are going to get that Edge was a true top bill guy. All started with the MITB cash in, in my view the best one yet. Because the concept hadn't been diluted like it has now it really did feel like a change when Edge won his first WWE title. The subsequent shift to the Foley/HHH feuds for each man was well done. And when everything picked up again after Edge won the title back in a triple threat match you had the making of a great feud. I liked the fact the had each man going over in eachothers home towns, but most of all the TLC match at Unforgiven 06 is one of my favourite ladder matches ever. Just great fun. Both men taking big bumps through tables to the floor, and the brilliant image of Cena FU'ing Edge of the ladder through two tables. The feud kept simmering and didn't get stale over the next few years which was great also.

3.Batista vs Undertaker
Batista's best feud by a distance in my view. The match quality was so, so much better than it had any right to be. I genuinely loved the build to the mania match. Always works well when you are just waiting for one of them to make a move in a tag match together. Had some decent heat as well, but the actual matches were really good. The mania 23 one has to go down as one of the most pleasantly surprising ones in history. The trading of wins leading to the rubber match at Cyber Sunday was nice (although the blow off was slightly underwhelming to be fair). Also loved the fact they were in the entire Elimination Chamber match at the No Way Out the next year to cap things off.

4.Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels
I have never been as emotionally invested in a feud as I was this one. Ignore the TNA run, this is where Flair's career ended in any meaningful sense. Just a brilliant booked feud. Michaels carrying the wrestling in the end and Flair cutting some absolutely fantastic promos. In my view the match that sold mania 24 undoubtedly. The whole Flair having to win concept was a bit hit and miss, but when it came down to these 2 it was every bit as good as you would have expected. The "old yeller" promo prior to mania was an absolute masterclass of how to sell PPV buys. And the match was brilliant in my view, particuarly when watching live. You just desperately wanted Flair to win (if you were a fan of his anyway) and Michaels was damn near killing himself to have a great final match for him. I could literally feel his ribs on the missed moonsaults. The finale with Flair crying and Michaels saying "I'm sorry, I love you" worked so well in the situation and one STIFF sweet chin music later you capped off one hell of an emotional roller-coaster. The celebration of Flair's career the next night should have capped off what is probably the greatest career of all time.

5. Randy Orton vs John Cena
This was good. But could have been so much better if they hadn't of dragged it on for what felt like a century. This was a slightly more up to date HHH vs Micahels in the sense that the matches were good, the booking was good. It just needed about 3 less matches. Regardless was undoubtedly Orton's finest feud as a heel. He was on fire at this point. And I actually loved some of the matches as well if I'm being honest. The I quit match was absolute epitome of good ring psychology in my view. The did absolutely fuck all (literally they did a handful of moves) but everything was build so brilliantly. The vicious, yet cowardly heel handcuffing Cena and beating the shit outt of him until people were begging for him to mount a comeback. Cena does and Orton taps like a pussy in about 3 seconds. Why? Because he is a heel and that's what they do because they are cowards. Easy. It did get a little bloated when it went on to a totally needed 60 minute iron man match.

I'll do another 5 later, but I just sank 20 minutes into this and I have real work to do now, hope it helped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts