Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the songs that, over time, you've judged to be the greatest? The songs that are second to none?

There are certain songs that forever stand out to me. These songs are: Nightfall Overture by Nightingale, Gethsemane by Nightwish, Beneath the Howling Stars by Cradle of Filth, Power Core by Power Glove, PinOut theme, Königin der Käfer by Subway to Sally, Imperator Rex Graecorum by Subway to Sally, Wilder Wein by Rammstein, Kein Liebeslied by Oomph!, Imaginary by Evanesence, The Thing That Should Not Be by Metallica, Rock Me Amadeus by Megaherz, Respect the Wind by Van Halen, Erdbeermund by In Extremo.

Out of all the thousands of songs I've heard in my life, from any genre, it's the above particulars that stick out as the best. Of course, any such list represents an individuals own personal likes and dislikes in music, and can be completely different from another person's list. The metal genre is mostly on my list. I never personally liked rock music, rap, or country much, but there are exceptions. What are the greatest songs you've ever heard?

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
The Power of Love by Huey Lewis.

Wayward Son by Kansas.

Pretty much all Sabatons albums.

·
it's a tarp!
5,232 Posts
My all-time Oceanic - Insanity Dream Tripper Mix, on vinyl with full bass as loud as hell.
Best from a movie Cavatina from The Deer Hunter.

*If I hear them over tinny Youtube they sound like trash.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,268 Posts
My personal all time list looks like this at the top

Stone Temple Pilots - Big Empty. Such a vibe. Take me back to certain times and feelings. It’s done it for many, many years.

John Mellencamp - Minutes To Memories. Life wisdom... the whole scarecrow album is like sitting down and LISTENING to someone who has been ‘around the block’... it’s worth your time to listen to that person. I like that sorta thing. Music that I feel in some ways actually makes me better for having heard it.

Ain’t much of that happening in the ‘trendy’ stuff I’ve sampled.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,095 Posts
Allowing just one song per artist:

Slayer - Raining Blood
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe
Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
System of a Down - Holy Mountains
Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie
Alice in Chains - Would?
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas