Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know matches where it seems like are being worked pretty stiff? Regal has always had that style to his work so alot of his matches, also JTG vs Curt Hawkins on superstars JTG seemed pretty stiff with curt after Curt slapped him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azog2YokQjU

Around 4:25 when he whips Curt into the corner

·
Registered
319 Posts
Bryan really isn't stiff. He has some of the worst worked kicks in the biz. If you're looking for stiff stuff, you're not gonna find it in WWE. Stiff doesn't equate to good though.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Bryan really isn't stiff. He has some of the worst worked kicks in the biz. If you're looking for stiff stuff, you're not gonna find it in WWE. Stiff doesn't equate to good though.
Worst worked kicks in the business? Do you see his oppenents chests after hes done? In the WWE, nobody has more legit looking kicks than him. The worst kicks would probably be from CM Punk.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
I don't think the slapping the leg thing is a bad thing. Charlie Haas used to do it and his kicks still looked damn legit. The crowd reacted big every time too due to the sound it created.

But yeah, the WWE doesn't really have stiff workers at all. The stiffest you're probably going to get is people who still use chops - ie Masters and Show. No one works really stiff punches or kicks, especially with the whole no bleeding thing that they've got implemented right now.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Most Regal matches are pretty stiff, some of his stuff wtih Young has been. I also thought the Morrison/Sheamus match at SS was, pretty brtual stuff right there, as well as Bryan/Ziggler from the same PPV.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Bryan/Ziggler was from Bragging Rights, a month before.

As for the worst offender of slapping the leg, my vote goes to Rey Mysterio. I love to watch him, but when he starts doing kicks, it's impossible not to see him slapping the shit out of his leg like he's Torrie Wilson.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts