Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With another year coming to an end, I would like to know your POSITIVES on wrestling.
what made you like wrestling?
what would you like to see happen in wwe next year?
Who has been your stand out wrestler this year (doesn't have to be wwe)

Let's have a thread that only gives positives. It's fun to vent some things from time to time but at the end of the day if there is nothing positives you can find maybe you should stop watching it altogether lol.

Anyway , my positives have been that Indy shows are becoming ever more stronger. I like how hard working wrestlers are now making a decent living off the independent scene as well as good exposure.
I would like to see Finn Balor get a good story line next year that makes him win a title
Becky Lynch has been doing very well and I hope she continues on.

What are your thoughts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Heel Becky Lynch

Asuka

Heel Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins

Heel Dean Ambrose

Face Charlotte Flair

Everytime Miz/Maryse lose and get beat up

Everytime RAW GM Corbin gets his butt whipped

Becky, Dean and Bryan are the hottest things right now. I would love to see Seth defeating Brock for the UV and Dean winning the RR.
Agreed

I just want the Lesnar-Reigns stranglehold on the UV Title to end!

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's Positive from 2018, ok I didn't get it from the title.

Really hard to find something really. The things that happen and really stand out for me this year are :

Elias becoming one of the most over guys if not the most over.
The beginning of Becky's push before she became cringeworthy
Ronda's match at Wrestlemania.
The return of Rey Mysterio (that's personal but he was my favorite growing up, so have to put him here)
The teasing of the Dean-Seth feud before it became some non-sensical bullshit.

Nothing else really.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Becky Lynch FINALLY got the shine she deserved. She became the star we all knew she could be and I'm so happy to see it.

NXT has really been killing it as usual. Takeover Chicago I think was the best show that brand put on this year.

205 Live has improved with HHH taking the reigns and with new additions like Buddy Murphy and Lio Rush although it is still a bit underrated I think WWE are taking steps in the right direction to get the CW's noticed and for people to care more for 205 Live.

NXT UK is up and running and so far it's not bad.

Lucha Underground made a return this year and it was one hell of a season. I hope to god it gets a season 5.

Major League Wrestling is a good product with good talent and good matches. I dig it.

Impacts been great as well.

Being The Elite continues to be a great wrestling show. And honestly...with the elite being so big in the Indies and doing things their own way is SO IMPORTANT than anyone realises for the health of this buiness. It's not just WWE out there now and The Elite, alongside promotions like ROH and NJPW show that there's a whole world of wrestling out there for the watching and it's every bit as good as WWE used to be.

And there you have it. All Positive.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,350 Posts
Wrestling Kingdom

Heel Becky Lynch winning the Smackdown Live Woman's Championship at Hell In A Cell.

Heel Daniel Bryan winning the WWE Championship 4 weeks ago.

Daniel Bryan returning to the wrestling to perform.

Face Elias mocking Bobby Lashley and Leo Rush.

Roman Reigns winning the Universal Championship at Summerslam.

Seth Rollins

Drew returning to Monday Night Raw a week after WM 34.

Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch at Evolution.

Asuka winning the 2018 Royal Rumble.

Johnny Gargano vs Ciampa feud.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The thing I am most positive about is the fact that Indy shows are getting very big, especially in Europe. This will only be a good thing for ALL of wrestling. As much as people complain about WWE from time to time, there are plenty of FULL shows you can now watch thanks to this great thing called the internet lol. So there isnt really an excuse if people cant talk positive for once.
Japan has entered the US market
ICW are still thriving along with Progress and the likes
OTT have revitalized wrestling in Ireland and are putting out 5 star matches/cards with the best homegrown talent and abroad.
WXW still going strong

Guys you are seeing on the indies are now getting on to bigger shows (a lot of the brits...and well deserved too! )

Thats not including any promotions with TV deals. I think wrestling as a whole has been the hottest its been in decades.

If WWE isnt doing it for you, there is plenty of great things happening outside. It wasnt long ago where the British/European scene had only family friendly shows in small town halls, nothing amazing happening. WWE seemed to be the only option. Now this is not the case!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Looking forward to Wrestle Kingdom, The Elite leaving the Bullet Club and turning face was pretty cool. Kenny Omega winning the IWGP Heavyweight Title finally, Daniel Bryan coming out of retirement was awesome.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Its been a rough year for WWE injury wise but I can name plenty of positives.

Seth Rollins!! Guy had an amazing year, he deserves to be THE top guy.
Braun in the spotlight, while they have made some stupid booking decisions for him, its great to see my guy in a top spot. He has improved so much since he came in and I couldn't be happier about it. Another good candidate to be the top guy.
Elias, I talk about him on a weekly basis, this guy, in my opinion, is one of the most talented wrestlers in the industry. He has something very special and turning him Face was a good call. Book him properly and consistently, you will have a megastar.
Becky Lynch, not much needs to be said, so happy for her.
Daniel Bryan return/heel turn, Bryan coming back was amazing and the heel turn has been some of his best work ever in my opinion. Hope the booking stays consistent and he has a decent title run.
HBK returning, even though it was at the worst show of the whole year, was great to see one of my all time favorites return to the ring. I'm down for another match.
Dean Ambrose heel turn. Happy to see Dean in his proper alignment.

It has been a weird year with all the injuries and some subpar storylines that could have been great but there have been some major positives. Here's to hoping 2019 will be awesome, they have a decent set up right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts