Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opening matches are some of the most important matches on any wrestling card due to the fact that they set the pace for the rest of the Event or PPV. So i was wondering what are some of the best opening matches in wrestling history ?

- Kurt Angle Vs Rey Mysterio - WWE Summerslam 2002

- Cody Rhodes Vs Daniel Bryan Vs Heath Slater Vs Justin Gabriel Vs Kane Vs Sheamus Vs Sin Cara Vs Wade Barrett - Money In The Bank Ladder Match - WWE Money In The Bank 2011

- Bryan Danielson Vs Christopher Daniels - ROH Round Robin Challenge 2002

- Chris Jericho Vs Lance Storm - ECW One Night Stand 2005

- YAMATO Vs BxB Hulk - DGUSA Enter The Dragon 2009

- Rey Misterio Jr. Vs Psychosis - WCW Bash At The Beach 1996

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Steen v Generico - DBD 8
Shelley v Claudio - This Means War (i think)

none of those would be the best but they seem to be the ones that came to mind first.

·
Registered
11,706 Posts
Mysterio vs. Psicosis at Bash at the Beach set the tone for 2 years of domination. After watching this match, you knew WCW was about to take it up a notch.

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
Do either of you guys have a link to that match? I really want to see it again now.

As for the thread question, probably Bret vs Owen from WM X. That's the first Owen match I saw that really made me appreciate him, he was better than Bret in that match.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Kevin Steen vs El Generico - Death Before Dishonor VIII

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Steen v Generico - DBD 8
none of those would be the best but they seem to be the ones that came to mind first.
same. this and bret vs owen came to my mind when reading the topic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not going to get a boatload of stars, but I fucking LOVED BJ Whitmer vs. Takashi Morishima at Respect is Earned. The crowd was MOLTEN, which was just a great visual in and of itself and still gives me chills to this day. Those two go out for less then 5 minutes and just pop the crowd with almost everything they do. It was just really, really fun, and set the tone for the rest of the show. Exactly what it should have been.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
A really recent one comes to mind, at least a personal favorite:

Truth/Kingston vs. ZigSwag at Over the Limit 2012.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts