Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are three ways to do this:-

A)Chamber matches from Raw or Smackdown rosters from any previous years, such as Smackdown between 2002-2007 when the chamber match was exclusive to Raw. Or any other previous year. So you can include wrestlers from that particular year on that roster ONLY.

B)Chamber matches comprising wrestlers from the roster of the specific year of any other company like WCW, ECW, TNA or AEW.

C)Chamber matches including any wrestler from any year of any company randomly picked to create your own dream chamber match.. Like say, an EC match that has Sting, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.

Personally I am going to name a few following the A) rule, what I call "missed opportunities" because they could have booked those matches at the time but never saw that possibility:-

1)EC 2013:- Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs CM Punk(WWE champion) vs Ryback/Cena vs The Rock.

The story of this would be The Shields debut match, Punk defending the title but also having The Shield as an "insurance policy" And The Rock having a facedown with Roman Reigns AND Punk in the chamber at the same time, overcoming the odds and winning the title.

2)Smackdown Chamber match at No Way Out 2006- Kurt Angle (WHC) vs The Undertaker vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio vs Chris Benoit vs Booker T

3)Survivor Series 2003:- Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker vs Kurt Angle vs John Cena vs Chris Benoit vs Big Show

The story for this is simple- Three babyfaces Brock has more or less "screwed" Or eluded getting a shot at the title, John Cena (who was about to turn face), and Big Show who would be there to protect Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar's best interest.

4)Raw Chamber match on the PPV in April/May 2010:- John Cena vs Batista vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Chris Jericho vs Christian.

The story behind this would be Cena, Orton and Batista in the same ring and match for the first time since 2002, Cenas issues with Batista, Ortons issues with edge/jericho, Edge taking advantage of it all and eliminating everybody and finally Christian giving everything he could and yet coming up short and Edge winning. (This would be a year long story about Christian going after the one thing that eluded him in the WWE, culminating a year later)

This would also be a throwback to five people who shared the Raw locker room between 2004-2005, and the shared history between Edge/Christian, Christian/Jericho, Edge/Jericho, Edge/Orton, Cena/Orton, and even the 2005 history between Cena/Jericho/Christian, and Christian being given a chance to share the same ring with all these Maineventers.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,881 Posts
Neat topic idea. I like it.

Match from existing WWE roster at any one time:

2002: Hollywood Hulk Hogan v. Steve Austin v. Kurt Angle v. Brock Lesnar v. Chris Benoit v. The Rock

Match mixing existing rosters from multiple promotions:

1998: Steve Austin v. Goldberg v. Sting v. Undertaker v. Bret Hart v. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Match involving anyone from any time:

1997 Bret Hart v. 2001 Kurt Angle v. 1998 Steve Austin v. 1996 Shawn Michaels v. 2000 Rock v. 1996 Hollywood Hulk Hogan

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Match from existing WWE roster at any one time:

2002: Hollywood Hulk Hogan v. Steve Austin v. Kurt Angle v. Brock Lesnar v. Chris Benoit v. The Rock
Realistically, this could have happened only between April 2002-June/August 2002 because Rock, Austin and Hogan would be gone by then. Chris Benoit returned around May 2002 and Brock Lesnar just debuted in April.

There's also the issue of storyline involvement/brand split. But otherwise it's doable.

It can get better if Lesnar and Benoit are substituted with Taker(who had more history with Rock, Austin, Hogan) and was champion just around then, and Jericho or Triple H.

So if we were to produce a match that is realistic and also pitting everyone who had a history or ongoing feud with someone or been in the title picture , it would look like-

Undertaker(c.) Vs Austin/Rock vs Hogan vs Angle vs Jericho vs Triple H.

·
5,881 Posts
Realistically, this could have happened only between April 2002-June/August 2002 because Rock, Austin and Hogan would be gone by then. Chris Benoit returned around May 2002 and Brock Lesnar just debuted in April.

There's also the issue of storyline involvement/brand split. But otherwise it's doable.

It can get better if Lesnar and Benoit are substituted with Taker(who had more history with Rock, Austin, Hogan) and was champion just around then, and Jericho or Triple H.
There's a narrow window, but it works in the timeline. I disregarded the brand split. Personally, I prefer Lesnar and Benoit because Lesnar was still a brand new monster and Benoit was awesome. I love Jericho but he was ice cold after that horrible feud with Triple H, who I also left out because I just don't care for him.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4)Raw Chamber match on the PPV in April/May 2010:- John Cena vs Batista vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Chris Jericho vs Christian.

The story behind this would be Cena, Orton and Batista in the same ring and match for the first time since 2002, Cenas issues with Batista, Ortons issues with edge/jericho, Edge taking advantage of it all and eliminating everybody and finally Christian giving everything he could and yet coming up short and Edge winning. (This would be a year long story about Christian going after the one thing that eluded him in the WWE, culminating a year later)

This would also be a throwback to five people who shared the Raw locker room between 2004-2005, and the shared history between Edge/Christian, Christian/Jericho, Edge/Jericho, Edge/Orton, Cena/Orton, and even the 2005 history between Cena/Jericho/Christian, and Christian being given a chance to share the same ring with all these Maineventers.
There's also one more throwback to this and thats Orton, Batista, Edge and Chris Jericho also having participated in the Chamber match from New Year's Revolution 2005(with Triple H and Chris Benoit), on a card that also had Christian.

So much history and throwback to different matches between these six men but more importantly, what are the odds of a coincidence like this happening.. That not only are Edge, Jericho, Cena, Orton and Batista on the same brand since 2002, but Christian became a free agent right around this same time because ECW was killed for NxT. And they could have also easily made Christian a maineventer at the time, which eventually they did do, in 2011.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a narrow window, but it works in the timeline. I disregarded the brand split. Personally, I prefer Lesnar and Benoit because Lesnar was still a brand new monster and Benoit was awesome. I love Jericho but he was ice cold after that horrible feud with Triple H, who I also left out because I just don't care for him.
Fair points. A freshly returned Benoit would instantly elevate this match or any other match. Lesnar and Benoit also give it a fresh feel rather than Jericho/Triple H who were embroiled in that horrible feud.

·
5,881 Posts
Fair points. A freshly returned Benoit would instantly elevate this match or any other match. Lesnar and Benoit also give it a fresh feel rather than Jericho/Triple H who were embroiled in that horrible feud.
Don't get me wrong - 2002 Triple H is a bigger star than either Benoit or Lesnar. I'm just biased because I can't stand the guy, and even though Jericho's one of my all-time favorites, mid-2002 wasn't exactly his shining moment.

Also, I love this match you cooked up:

2)Smackdown Chamber match at No Way Out 2006- Kurt Angle (WHC) vs The Undertaker vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio vs Chris Benoit vs Booker T

That would have been frickin badass.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
For me during the start of the womans evolution, we could of got a charlotte vs sasha vs becky vs bayley vs asuka vs alexa bliss in chamber match with the 6 most decorated women of that era.

Past legends woman chamber : aj lee vs trish vs lita vs molly vs beth vs paige

All men in their prime : shawn michaels vs daniel bryan vs aj styles vs bret hart vs owen hart vs kurt angle

Smackdown six chamber would have been good : edge vs benoit vs eddie vs rey mysterio vs chavo vs kurt angle

An early 90s era chamber : hulk hogan vs randy savage vs warrior vs dibiase vs roberts vs piper

Attitude era : austin vs the rock vs hhh vs undertaker vs goldberg vs sting

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All men in their prime : shawn michaels vs daniel bryan vs aj styles vs bret hart vs owen hart vs kurt angle

Smackdown six chamber would have been good : edge vs benoit vs eddie vs rey mysterio vs chavo vs kurt angle
The first one would work even if you booked A 75-80 Minute match and gave it 15 minutes time for every pod of the chamber to open. So you could have Daniel Bryan/bret/owen start the match with Kurt Angle, and so on. The possibilities are endless! If it was possible to play it on a WWE 2K game, one could play it a 100 times with a different wrestler from these six and yet not get bored of this match.

I love the Smackdown Six idea too, except that I always found Chavo to be a ludicrous oddity in the same group as main event stars and future world champions. Don't get me wrong, chavo is a good midcard worker but I've always found him to be an anomaly each time they reference the SIX, and certainly he would seem out of place in the EC for the top title too. However, replace him with Brock Lesnar, and that's one of greatest EC matches one could conceive of.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The first one would work even if you booked A 75-80 Minute match and gave it 15 minutes time for every pod of the chamber to open. So you could have Daniel Bryan/bret/owen start the match with Kurt Angle, and so on. The possibilities are endless! If it was possible to play it on a WWE 2K game, one could play it a 100 times with a different wrestler from these six and yet not get bored of this match.

I love the Smackdown Six idea too, except that I always found Chavo to be a ludicrous oddity in the same group as main event stars and future world champions. Don't get me wrong, chavo is a good midcard worker but I've always found him to be an anomaly each time they reference the SIX, and certainly he would seem out of place in the EC for the top title too. However, replace him with Brock Lesnar, and that's one of greatest EC matches one could conceive of.
Yeah chavo is a strange name to be included in that six but he was part of the various tag matches in that group even if he wasnt featured as much in singles but i get what you are saying if they were fighting over the top title he would look out of place, maybe you could change him for jericho or as you say brock

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,342 Posts
Orton/Cena/HHH/Booker T/Umaga/Ken Kennedy Summerslam 07 with Orton going over clean.

JBL/Eddie/Cena/Undertaker/Angle/Big Show some time in 04 during JBL's reign. JBL would have worked well being scared by Undertaker in the Chamber and slithering out as champ.

Reactions: Deathiscoming

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
We have seen a couple of tag team chambers so how about

Hart foundation vs bulldogs vs steiners vs rockers vs rock n roll express vs brain busters

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

In early 2013 all these 6 were very protected, and the company teased with this poster.

What's funny is that neither of the 6 participated in the Elimination Chamber match.
Early 2013....but by Wrestlemania..

Ryback lost to Mark Henry in 8 minutes
Punk lost to the Undertaker
Sheamus/Big Show lost their match to the Shield.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
WWF 1992

Ric Flair
Freshly turned heel Sid Justice
Heel Jake Roberts
Hulk Hogan
The motherfucking Legion of Doom

Ric Flair starts against Animal. Pretty much blades before he's even touched the cage.

Important high spot of the match is Hawk tearing apart a 'chain' part of the cell and ripped it right off to whip Flair and Sid.

Last 3 are Hogan, Flair and Roberts. Roberts is down. Hogan eliminates Flair and goes for Jake, but Flair sneaks up and low blows Hogan before leaving. Jake hits the DDT, gets the chain previously used by Hawk and chokes out Hogan for the win. Of course it's 1992 so the chamber is going to be all old school and tough steel and shit.

They do that cool thing where it's not clear whether Hebner has actually called for the finish by disqualifying Jake or awarding him the match. So Hebner's talking to Fink for a while and there's no music and then Fink announces "The winner of the match........ Jake The Snake Roberts!" Jake's awesome 'Trust Me' heel theme plays and the crowd boos while Jake smirks and leaves.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The 6 pack HIAC in 2000 by just changing HBK with Rikishi

Hogan vs Rock vs Austin vs Undertaker vs Sting vs Goldberg

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The 6 pack HIAC in 2000 by just changing HBK with Rikishi
Ah, glad that somebody noticed or mentioned that one.

I never understood Rikishi being in that spot and being referred to as "six of the greatest superstars" or being held in the same sentence and regard as those five guys. It would literally have made it PERFECT if Kane was in it so it would be etched in time- Six of the greatest attitude era superstars.

But yes, it would have been awesome to see them in an elimination Chamber match, with Rikishi substituted by Kane/Jericho/Shawn.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I never understood Rikishi being in that spot and being referred to as "six of the greatest superstars" or being held in the same sentence and regard as those five guys. It would literally have made it PERFECT if Kane was in it so it would be etched in time- Six of the greatest attitude era superstars.
Im not sure if they were done with the who ran over Stone Cold angle so probably that’s why, would’ve definitely liked to see Kane replace Rikishi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts