Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Southern Pride
2,803 Posts
To be completely honest, I didn't get what was thrilling about Tessa Blanchard back during her NXT/MYC appearances in 2016 and 2017 BUT I have seen her improve since then and have seen how great she has become.

She does work with the men well too.

Tessa not going to WWE has been a good thing for her. Being in Impact has been a good thing for her. She feels like a big fish in a small pond and I do feel like now if she went elsewhere she would be a HUGE deal.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well it seems like she's off, which makes sense as to why she didn't win the X-Division belt. I presume AEW & WWE will chuck money that IMPACT can't compete with right now. Good luck to her, she's superb & deserves everything good coming to her.

·
Premium Member
16,583 Posts
I just dont see it. The praise this girl gets, like she,s the savour of professional wrestling. She,s average on the mic and even though she,s good in the ring, I dont consider her nowhere near the likes of Io and Kairi for example. She,s not even on the level of Becky imo. So what is it about her besides her obviously good booking?
Have you considered you're not missing anything and you just don't like her? Because that's ok. You don't have to like a current favorite.

I like her aggression, how she displays her confidence, her move set, and her matches. Maybe you don't buy her aggression and confidence, think the moves are lame. That's ok. I can recommend some of my favorite matches of her's, but you shouldn't feel the need to force yourself to like someone because they're already well liked. If you're not feeling it, don't worry.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Well it seems like she's off, which makes sense as to why she didn't win the X-Division belt. I presume AEW & WWE will chuck money that IMPACT can't compete with right now. Good luck to her, she's superb & deserves everything good coming to her.
Impact needs to make her a big offer, and perhaps promise her an X-Division and/or World title run, to try and convince her to stay.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
If you don't see it with Tessa, I think you may be blind. Seriously though it's okay not to see it not everyone is going to see it and that logic applies to everything and everyone. IMO everything from her look all the way to her skillset it is evident that she has every tool necessary for major success. Then take into account that she is as talented as she is at 23 or 24 years old and is constantly getting better and more confident in her abilities as a performer and you have a near-perfect storm. There isn't a Woman's wrestler out there that does what she does and few(if any) that are as complete a package as she is. Whether that means she is some world-changing star or not isn't important but she could without a doubt be a big deal and maybe the biggest deal in wrestling if utilized well on a bigger stage than Impact(Obviously Impact would be smart to keep her around at all costs but if she is intent on going elsewhere she will do very well for herself). Maybe now is the time for her to take that next step she has nothing but upside even with how exceptional a talent she is.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
She’s one of the best women’s wrestlers I’ve ever seen. Everything about her is just amazing and she carries herself like a legitimate star. I hope wherever she ends up that company treats her like a top star because she’s a special talent and shouldn’t be wasted.

·
Registered
206 Posts
one thing I don't think anyone is missing, is her huge Jawline and chin!

Jokes aside, she is top 10 (easily) one of the best female wrestlers around today.She's Strong, Athletic, good psychology and storytelling. Plus - she actually looks like she can kick somebody in. Unlike your 90 pound Divas such as Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks etc.....

Would like to see her wrestle against Charlotte, Asuka, Rhea, Sadie Gibbs and Kay Lee Ray

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
She only works in the impact environment just like Kross. And I am not knocking them. It is what it is.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I like Tessa, think she's definitely very talented, but when she was in the tag match paired with Swann going against Fulton and Sami, Swann/Tessa got beaten up pretty quickly and looked like they were really struggling. Sami took out Tessa pretty early on and it looked like she was still feeling the effects at the end.

I think it will be difficult to find the right level of wrestling required for IG matches without hurting the female.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice ass but watching that massive man who could snap her windpipe with a finger and thumb sell for her like that is embarrassing. He may as well sell to a 16 year old boy. Anyone who thinks she is believable hanging with men has never seen a street fight. Women get destroyed by men in real fights, it's like a human fighting a gorilla. There's a reason why we can't play sport against each other, but somehow Impact wants me to suspend my disbelief that a woman could not only beat up a man but a professional male fighter wouldnt be strong enough to avoid submition or pin by someone half his weight. But they can't play professional snooker against each other!

Anyone think this got them more permanent new viewers then they lost?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts