Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dont see it. The praise this girl gets, like she,s the savour of professional wrestling. She,s average on the mic and even though she,s good in the ring, I dont consider her nowhere near the likes of Io and Kairi for example. She,s not even on the level of Becky imo. So what is it about her besides her obviously good booking?

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,356 Posts
You're missing your first kiss if you care about womens wrestling.

·
Premium Member
43,708 Posts
She's one of the few female performers out there that works with the men and does so believably.

When Impact had Scarlet Bordeaux do it and actually get wins over guys, I was like "Huh?", but Tessa looks like she can hang with them.

I love her personality and the way she carries herself. Even simple things like lip syncing her theme song during her entrance are neat little things that she does that make her fun to watch.

I also find her to be a damn good worker. Her matches with Gail and Sami are probably Impact's two best matches of 2019, and the Ladder Match at BFG was MOTN of that PPV, so she's been the PPV showstealer for that company lately.

Honestly, I know Becky Lynch is the biggest female star out there today, but as far as who my favorite is to watch, its Tessa. She is one of the reasons I hang onto Impact.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,974 Posts
I dont think anyone has ever said Tessa is the savoir of Pro Wrestling.

She's doing her job very, very well. The angle she's working is fantastic and she's delivering big time, there's not many women who could do what Tessa has done so far as believably as she has. When she's brawling with guys she's got enough attitude and enough badass aura to make it work.

Becky Lynch cant touch her in the ring by the way.

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
She's talented in the ring. She's athletic and fit. Can work with anybody. She carries herself like a star whether wrestling men or women.

She's someone who you would put on the front of a poster from her look alone, and she has the skills to back it up. If she went to AEW, she'd instantly be their top female star. And if she went to WWE, she'd fit right in with women like Becky or Charlotte because how she carries herself.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I don't think she is necessarily that big star that will turn the business around. But in a time where so many wrestlers are so openly cooperating to do some spectacular moves, Tessa behaves as if she's really in a match and wants to win.
And with that she can get a match out of people that otherwise aren't that good.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Tessa just has it.

I guess growing up as a third-generation wrestler will teach you a thing or two about the business. I was not a fan of the inter-gender matches, but she looks like she can legit beat down guys.

Impact needs to lock her into a new deal because she is one of the faces of the promotion.

·
Premium Member
43,708 Posts
She's one talent I want to get on a bigger stage like AEW (who could use more women) or WWE (who are really pushing the women hard) because I think she could shine.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Tessa is definitely a talent. She's nowhere the best women's in the world some try to portray her as, not when the likes of io, Meiko and a few other Joshi talents are around.

She's a good promo, carries herself like a star, has good matches when she's in the ring with the right talent. She's an old school type, Not a fan of her doing the whole Intergender stuff, here and there are fine but she ain't going to get that if she goes to AEW or WWE.

I like her a lot, I think she'd be a top 5 star in WWE, the fact she isn't a WWE creation and she's not blonde (Becky got herself over before anyone jumps on me) and she definitely the top star in AEW if she went there. I agree with someone who said she won't be the savior of women's wrestling like some go on like. I think she'd be a bigger help to AEW then WWE if I'm been honest.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
They are not getting her over the entire roster because its stupid,Sure wrestling is fake but really are we going to take it as far to believe a mass audience is going to get over with a girl dominating the mens roster ?

Please

Plus shes probably leaving to bigger things. One thing about Impact i cant stand is the mixed matches like its the cute cool thing to do like what wwe does. Its lame and takes away from both sexes to look credible for themselves.

That being said shes talented and should just try to do well in her division

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Tessa is my favourite women's wrestler in the business right now, i basically just watch Impact for her. I'm also not so keen on her intergender stuff she's been doing recently but she does look like she can hang with the men, it's the way she carries herself that makes her so legit. I also love her ring gear too, it looks great and i hope she never ever changes it. Apparently her contract finishes with Impact sometime next year, it'll be very interesting to see if she goes to AEW or WWE.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
She's really good in the ring, charismatic, everything she does has intensity and impact, no pun intended, to it. She's a good promo, she carries herself like a star, she's one of the relatively few who can wrestle both men and women believably, and she's shown she can get really hated as a heel, but also super-over as a babyface as well. Oh and she's also only 24, so arguably she's not even in her prime yet.

Impact has to pull the trigger on making her World or X-Division Champion. It'd be a tremendous waste of potential if they don't, especially if she ends up leaving in the end.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,974 Posts
Tessa just has it.

I guess growing up as a third-generation wrestler will teach you a thing or two about the business. I was not a fan of the inter-gender matches, but she looks like she can legit beat down guys.

Impact needs to lock her into a new deal because she is one of the faces of the promotion.
This, so much this. She just has that "it" factor and she makes inter-gender wrestling work. That cant be commended enough, inter-gender wrestling is a hard sell, you need the right talent and Tessa is exactly that. You can buy her taking it to the guys, she's got the right attitude

She's one talent I want to get on a bigger stage like AEW (who could use more women) or WWE (who are really pushing the women hard) because I think she could shine.
I get what you're saying, but what she's doing in Impact is 1000 times bigger than anything she'd do anywhere else. In AEW she'd just be another random women's wrestler in their piss poor, piss break Women's division, in WWE she'd just be fed to the Pony Club and Alexa. Let what she's doing in Impact play out first, if this angle goes all the way it's going to be big, it's going to be special, hell it already is.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Also if Tessa wants to keep doing intergender stuff, then WWE and AEW are out. Not that I think she'd have a problem facing other women. But perhaps ONLY facing other women.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts