Wrestling Forum banner

What a difference being out of the impact zone makes

7247 Views 61 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  acracker
TNA finally got out of the impact zone this week.

And what a difference it made to the quality and look of the show.

They need to be on the road and in arena's every week.

Discuss
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
819 Posts
Agreed. Too bad the show overall wasn't that good. The wedding segments were fucking ridiculous, and I thought the Sting - Hardy match was pretty underwhelming, although Sting coming back and winning the title in front of an actual audience that actually popped for something in TNA was pretty sweet.

· Registered
3,860 Posts
Much better. From the entrance stage (which could be handled a lot better since there's three screens to use) to the crowd which makes TNA look a lot more legitimate than the shitty Cast Member Zone, it's pretty obvious where TNA needs to be. Out there, in front of real fans, not tourists chanting "This is Wrestling" on cue.

It's a shame that there's a few reports flying around that TNA can't handle any more Impact tapings on the road because of the cost. If they want to go back to Orlando all the time, they might as well fly the white flag and show everyone that they can't handle the risks, especially the amount of money they're paying to Hogan, Flair and the rest of the bigger talent. It's pretty obvious that the talent is causing the issue of Impact potentially being relegated to the Impact Zone for the rest of the year. TNA did pretty much every PPV aside from a few outside Orlando in 2008. It was the right direction, then they backed down to 4 in 2009, 2 in 2010 and potentially 3 in 2011, depending on the rumoured location change for Slammiversary.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Man, that Sting (pre)entrance gave me goosebumps. Fuck you, Impact Zone!

· Registered
2,059 Posts
First of all, Jeff Hardy sold Sting showing up like a motherfucking academy award winner. Props to Hardy, he was ridiculously believable. It was an epic moment in TNA, which is rare (Hogan showing up, Angle showing up, there have only been a few). It was just freaking epic.

But, yeah, time to take TNA on the road bi weekly. I heard once that it cost WCW almost $400,000 a show for Nitro. I doubt it costs that much for TNA but 26 x 400k = $10,000,000 a year. TNAs revenue was over $50,000,000 in 2009 and I am sure even higher in 2010 so it is all about cost management for them in regards to whether or not they can afford to take TNA on the road.

If they go back to the iMPACT Zone it will kill every bit of momentum that it gained from these shows.

· Registered
3,860 Posts
But, yeah, time to take TNA on the road bi weekly. I heard once that it cost WCW almost $400,000 a show for Nitro. I doubt it costs that much for TNA but 26 x 400k = $10,000,000 a year. TNAs revenue was over $50,000,000 in 2009 and I am sure even higher in 2010 so it is all about cost management for them in regards to whether or not they can afford to take TNA on the road.
Found something related, thanks Google!
About an estimated 20 miles of cable is needed for each Nitro show.

At the production offices of each WCW Nitro, there is one state-of-the-art Xerox machine. Around 15 reams (7,500 sheets) of paper are used per each Nitro.

Annually (every year) WCW distributes about 40,000 passes in all. About 30,000 passes for the WCW Nitro crew and other people who set the show up, 7,000 VIP passes, about 2,000 full access passes (backstage passes), and about 1,000 photo passes. Police officers and arena security as briefed before each Nitro show and told what each pass means.

About 750 light bulbs are used for each show on about 20 different lighting fixtures. The light-reading in the middle of the ring during each Nitro show is 115 foot-candles.

There are 24 different phone lines for each Nitro.

Production time takes about 34 hours from start to finish. 217 people work for the production for Nitro each week. An average WCW crew member spends about 10 hours working on the set.

The WCW Monday Nitro ring and other equipment are transported in 14 different trucks, and 10 of those are 18-wheelers. Each truck is also filled to the capacity (about 80,000 pounds). The total WCW Monday Nitro ring and all of the other equipment weighs a total of about 1,120,000 pounds. About 56,000,000 (56 million) pounds of WCW Nitro rings and equipment are transported annually.

9 huge 100,000+ thousand-dollar cameras are used for each WCW Nitro show.

There are about 15 cases of water (24 bottles per case) on hand for the crew/backstage workers and wrestlers for each Nitro telecast. About 25 gallons of coffee and about 416 cases of cola are consumed backstage at Nitro each year.

About 13,000 meals are consumed annually each year by the 250 members of the Nitro crew. Dinners are buffet-like and usually offer: chicken breasts, roast beef, 2 different vegetables, pasta, fish, salad, and at least 3 desserts. For each WCW Monday Nitro telecast, about 250 pounds of prime rib and about 250- 8-ounce chicken breasts.

There is a huge silver bowl of candy in the Nitro Production Office. There are about $150 worth of candy in the bowl. Candies contain anything from chocolates, Tootsie Rolls, Mounds, 100 Grands, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Snickers, lollie pops, and so on.

Egg whites and deviled eggs are also available backstage.

About 5,200 black WCW Monday Nitro Crew T-shirts are distributed every year. The wrestlers on Nitro receive a new one backstage prior to each Nitro telecast. They range in size from medium to 6X.

2,392 rental cars are used annually for WCW Monday Nitro.

About 140 hotel rooms are needed per every Nitro show for the wrestlers, Nitro crews, backstage workers, and other people. Some wrestlers go to other separate hotels to stay over-night.

The WCW staff contacts locals in need of errands for each Nitro. Things such as mannequins, flowers, tables, stools, clothes, hats and everything else is purchased often and is used to fit the right storyline.

WCW purchases about 180 airline tickets for WCW wrestlers, crew, and other front-office workers and managers for each Nitro show. Their main customer is Delta Airlines. About 9,360 airline tickets are bought annually for each Nitro show.

There are about 400 backstage cabinets at Nitro to store different things.

About 300 fireworks are used for each telecast. That equals more than 10 pounds of explosives.

WCW’s favorite arenas in which to host Nitro at are 1.) MCI Center, 2.) United Center (WCW hires a local caterer to provide food for the wrestlers when they come to the United Center), 3.) Baltimore Arena, 4.) Norfolk Scope, 5.) FleetCenter. An arena is decided good or not if Nitro can move in and out quickly and painlessly.

Each ring for each Nitro show weights about 2 tons. Mat covers are replaced about 60 times a year (because they can’t be washed).

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Notice how the camera was even focusing on the larger crowd at times. It was sweet.

· StarStruck
2,072 Posts
I'm watching it now and i'm blown away by how better it looks, I wish TNA would get out of that shitty Impact Zone forever because i despise the IZ.
The fans were actual passionate paying fans, the IZ are freeloaders who chant stupid shit.

· Registered
435 Posts
i agree it looked better, but they still manged to fuck things up. the area around the ring was SOOO small!

they need to ditch the rails, get better barriers, mats aspap. the current set up ruined the look of being out of the IZ IMO!

· Registered
5,872 Posts
The only difference was that the show looked better. The program itself was still as shitty as it would have been from 9 - 11:10 on Thursdays anywhere else
Pretty much.

Impact just got a new paintjob, its still the same crap under the hood.

The fans were actual passionate paying fans, the IZ are freeloaders who chant stupid shit.
Unfair to call them freeloaders when its not their decision to make if they want to pay or not. Who is to say they wont pay if they had to?

· Registered
2,860 Posts
Won't happen for a long time. Hogan, Flair, and Sting are sucking up huge amounts of money. Get used to that little impact zone in Florida. Dixie is going to have to cut costs everywhere if she wants to get that show on the road.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Matches were kinda short and full of squashes [except good main event], but everything else was great. Want more.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.