Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Anything with Bryan Alvarez, but specifically Bryan and Vinnys PPV reviews. Vinny doesn't review Raw and SmackDown anymore, unfortunately, and I have way less interest in the retro shows, so sometimes I let those stack up, but the PPV reviews, the one time I get to hear Vinny talk main roster is my favourite.

Alvarez is funny no matter what, though. Anything he does is my favourite.

Solomonster is great too, the Bruce Mitchell audio show is great, The Fix with Todd Martin is great. It's not a "podcast" per se but I'm currently enjoying Cultaholics "WTF" with Ross Tweddell, he makes me laugh quite a bit.

· C Mac G
6,523 Posts
Bryan Alvarez shows are always hilarious. He just had another kid so he's been off for the last few days, but hopefully he's back td.

I really dig John Pollock and Wai Ting on Post Wrestling, they aren't over the top, but if you just want logical, articulate assessment of everything in Wrestling, they are the best IMO. Pollock in particular is just a really knowledgeable guy, and Wai bounces off of him really well.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Shit, Todd Martin is still around? I remember he used to do shows with Bryan Alvarez, and then it just stopped and I never knew what happened.
He went to PW Torch.

I don't know what happened, I heard it was supposedly some heat he had with somebody at the Observer, but he's been complimentary of Bryan and Dave whenever I've heard him. Sometimes I miss The Fix because I have too many podcasts, not just wrestling podcasts but film ones as well, in addition to all the other stuff I have to watch.

EDIT - Apparently it was some drama with some guy named Mike Coughlin that the people in the comments think is an unprofessional dickwad (who defended Todd) who is also gone from the Observer. The whole story was a bit all over the place in terms of what happened. The Observer wikia (for what it's worth, it's intended for comedy) says Coughlin "Got fired in May 2015 after getting in a slapfight with Todd Martin on THE BOARD and Bryan and Dave's general displeasure with him." Presumably, Todd was let go amicably because they just wanted to wash their hands of the drama and move on.

· Registered
10,446 Posts
Jim Cornette Experience

· The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
7,649 Posts
Schiavone's, because it's just completely bonkers, and anything involving Alvarez going nuts. Bischoff's is the same stories over and over about Turner Broadcasting and budgets, Prichard's has really fallen off a cliff, and Ross's swings between boredom and incoherence.

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Wade Keller’s PWTorch - I appreciate Wade’s fair and unbiased opinion on the pro wrestling landscape and specifically his show with co-host Todd Martin is my favorite episode to listen to out of all wrestling podcast. Also, Wade ignores the bullshit rumors that pop up every now and then like Sasha throwing temper tantrums on the ground. And he also doesn’t waste his time speaking about pointless drivel like twitter haters or people saying Roman’s cancer is a work.

Post Wrestling podcast - John & Wai deliver the best wrestling post show/ppv reviews.

· Registered
16,587 Posts
Solomonster and Wrestling Observer mainly. If we are talking about non wrestler wrestling podcasts :p

I’m down to just Going In Raw for daily stuff. Very relatable and fun despite being dirty California liberals. Lol.
Hell yes, they are just two dudes who like wrestling. Thats why I like them, it would be like me creating a wrestling podcast. I been following those two back when they used to be a gaming channel all the way back in 2012 lol. Plus I met Steve when he was in the UK once, great guy too.

· FOTC
12,774 Posts
I like listening to 83 Weeks and Something to Wrestle With. A few things that most have probably noticed:

• Conrad asks great questions, but he always has an insinuating tone when talking about Triple H or Hulk Hogan
• Bischoff says, "Prevailing logic" a lot
• I love Bruce, but he needs to stop taking so many cheap shots at the Warrior

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.