Wrestling Forum banner

WF UFC Fantasy League

11216 Views 264 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Myers
Alright bitches, here's the deal. If I PM'd you then you know what this shit is about, if I didn't then create a knockoff or something but really this doesn't concern you.

Draft

Draft is gonna be snaked order. That means first round is 1-6, second round is 6-1, third round is 1-6, ect...

You get 20 fighters. You must have at least 2 HW, 2 LHW, 2 MW, 2 WW, 2 LHW, 1 FW, 1 BW. You can fill up the other 8 slots however you want.

Draft order is: Mikey, AMP, Nick, Josh, Myers, and Rockhead. I didn't set the draft order, Headliner pulled the names out of a hat. So bitch at him.

When you pick, post the weight class they're in if you wouldn't mind and if you have back to back picks, make both picks in the same post if you want. Also, put what number the pick is in the post so it's easier to keep track of.

Scoring

I'm trying to keep things simple here but if you have some suggestions then I'm open to them.

10 points for a finish victory
7 points for a decision victory
5 extra points for winning/defending a title
3 extra points for fight of night (awarded to both fighters), KO of night, and sub of night.
-5 points for a loss

If a fight ends in a draw or DQ, no points are awarded to either team.

If two guys on your team fight each other, I'll ask you to pick who you think is gonna win and that will determine your points. Ex: If you have Forrest Griffin and Rich Franklin on your team. They fight at UFC 126. You pick Franklin to win and he loses, all you get is -5 (unless he gets FOTN bonus). But if Franklin wins, you get his victory points (and any bonus) and don't get -5 for Griffin losing. Hope that makes sense.

Waivers

Waiver order is based on draft position. So Rockhead gets first pick and Mikey gets last.

If you claim someone on waivers, you move to the last pick. If someone puts in a waiver claim, the teams in front of him gets 24 hours to make the same claim. If you're first on the waiver list, you automatically get the fighter.

Waivers can be used to pick up someone after the draft, to pick up someone who signs with UFC, or to pick up someone after you dropped a fighter (because he got cut or injured or you hate him). Remember, you can only have 20 fighters on your roster so if you pick up a fighter, you'll likely need to drop a fighter as well.

1) Josh
2) Amp
3) Mikey
4) Rockhead
5) Myers
6) Rush

Trades

Make em if you want. Can be one for one, two for two, whatever. You can even do three for one if you want but at the end of the day you have to have 20 fighters on your roster. So if you make a three for one trade, whoever got the one fighter would need to pick up two other fighters and whoever got three fighters would need to drop two others.

You can discuss trades via PM, twitter, chatbox, this thread, or however else but a trade won't be final until both teams post the trade in this thread or one team posts the trade and the other team quotes it and agrees.

Rosters

I'll update the rosters here during/after the draft. Also, come up with a team name just to have a bit more fun with things.

Note: If a fighter changes weight classes then as long as you have the required amount of fighters in the weight class you'll be fine. But if all you have at LHW is Jon Jones and Rogerio Nogueira and Jones moves up to HW, you'd have to drop a fighter from a weight class and pick up a LHW.

current standings as of 9.26.11

AMP: 78 points
Nick: 123 points (-5)
Josh: 23 points (+31)
Mikey: 146 points (-2)
Myers: 128 points (+2)
Rockhead: 3 points (+8)

AMP (Team Don't Be Scared Homie)

HW: Junior dos Santos, Shane Carwin, Christian Moorecraft

LHW: Shogun Rua, Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar

MW: Michael Bisping, Mark Munoz, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva

WW: Georges St. Pierre, Martin Kampmann, Dong Hyun Kim

LW: George Sotiropulos, Charles Oliveira, Edson Barboza, Matt Wiman

FW: Hatsu Hioki, Yves Jabouin

BW: Joseph Benavidez
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

· Banned
44,024 Posts
Nick (Team TO THE DEATH)

HW: Roy Nelson, Mirko Cro Cop, Joey Beltran

LHW: Phil Davis, Rich Franklin

MW: Anderson Silva, Rousimar Palhares, Jorge Santiago

WW: Carlos Condit, Diego Sanchez, Anthony Johnson, Johnny Hendricks, Brian Foster

LW: Gray Maynard, Ben Henderson, Takanori Gomi, Cole Miller

FW: Kenny Florian, Tyson Griffin

BW: Urijah Faber

· There are players and then there are pieces
6,629 Posts
Myers (Team RAM-ROD)

HW: Frank Mir, Brendan Schaub,

LHW: Rashad Evans, Lyoto Machida

MW: Tim Boetsch, Kyle Noke, Jorge Rivera

WW: Jon Fitch, Amir Sadollah, Dan Hardy, Rory MacDonald

LW: Clay Guida, Melvin Guillard, Mac Danzig, Bart Palaszewski,

FW: Chad Mendes, Nam Pham

BW: Brian Bowles, Michael McDonald, Demetrious Johnson

· In the Heat of the Moment
34,936 Posts
Rockhead (Team Rockhead)

HW: Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, Mike Russow

LHW: Ryan Bader, Jason Brilz, Matt Hamill

MW: Demian Maia, Court McGee, Alan Belcher, Nick Ring

WW: BJ Penn, Nate Diaz,

LW: Spencer Fisher, Joe Lauzon

FW: Diego Nunes, Pablo Garza, Chan Sung Jung, Leonard Garcia

BW: Kid Yamamoto, Renan Barão

· The North Remembers
32,687 Posts
Mikey (Team Gina Carano Won't Give Me A Blowjob)

HW: Matt Mitrione, Jon Madsen

LHW: Rampage Jackson, Alexander Gustafsson

MW: Brian Stann, Alessio Sakara, Jason Miller

WW: Thiago Alves, Jake Ellenberger, John Hathaway, Mike Swick, Rick Story

LW: Frankie Edgar, Jim Miller, Jonathan Brookins, Evan Dunham

FW: Jose Aldo, Erik Koch, Dustin Poirier

BW: Dominick Cruz

· courtesy is a fallacy
12,909 Posts
Josh (Team Kos > Your Favorite Fighter)

HW: Stefan Struve, Pat Barry, Sean McCorkle

LHW: Jon Jones, Rogerio Nogueira

MW: Dan Miller, Yushin Okami, CB Dollaway

WW: Josh Koscheck, Jake Shields, Paulo Thiago

LW: Anthony Pettis, Donald Cerrone, Kamal Shalorus

FW: Manny Gamburyan, Cub Swanson, Rani Yahya

BW: Miguel Torres, Scott Jorgensen, Eddie Wineland

· Cinderella Man
29,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You weren't getting Aldo anyway Nick because that was my pick as I could have sworn Mikey was gonna go with GSP.

2. Georges St. Pierre (WW)

Edit: I forgot Mikey can edit the OP as well. So hopefully between us that will stay relatively updated as the draft goes along.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.