Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Can't go past McMahon and Hart. I'd rather watch that Kaitlyn vs Maxine before i'd watch that hopeless match again.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Vince isn't a wrestler and Bret had a stroke, and both Kaitlyn and Maxine are still green so the abomination in both matches were very expected. But yeah these two matches definitely take the cake.

I'd throw my personal pick. The Miz vs. R-Truth at Fatal 4 Way - the match was just weak and very disappointing. I was expecting a lot better effort from both wrestlers considering it's a PPV match.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
There's been a fair few bad matches all year. But I guess if you add the hype and the expectations, then the worst match was Vince/Bret at Mania.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Expectations? Who expected that match to be anything other than a total shitbomb? Bret might be the best worker ever (No, but some would argue it) but he's a 50+ year old stroke victim and Vince has never been an active wrestler.

The only thing that was expected (and by expected, I mean a foregone conclusion) was that Bret would get revenge on Vince for the Montreal Screwjob.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I kinda expected Bret-Vince to be crappy so I'm going with Kane vs Undertaker at Hell in a Cell, it's just very boring and had a really crappy and anti-climactic ending and the fact that they had that match headline the PPV only makes it worse. The only redeeming quality of the match was Kane going apeshit and hitting the ref with an uppercut, that was pretty funny :lmao.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Bret/Vince

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
I guess I'd go with Alicia Fox Vs. Naomi on NXT where Alicia Fox botched her finisher twice in a row
not even the worst match on NXT. Kaitlyn vs. Maxine is 100 times worse than that.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon is the obvious choice. did anyone expect anything great? no. but we all know what we did expect: a quick beatdown. maybe with some early McMahon offense, who cares, but what everyone EXPECTED was Bret Hart hitting some moves, putting Vince in the sharpshooter, tapping out, and then celebrating.

but no, instead we got a 15 minute match of Hart just beating McMahon, then getting so fucking tired he had to sit in a chair and take a break, and then, going BACK to beating him with a chair, and only after all this did we get a sharpshooter and a submission victory.

it was just the weirdest match i've seen, because it went on for so long even though Hart wasn't physically able to do it. it was actually more depressing than an exciting celebration, because you saw how broken down Hart now was (like you didn't see it enough on Raw)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts