Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
13,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to Interview #2 in our series!

This time, we have a gander in to the life and times of..... @PhenomenalOne11

You can still also continue asking your questions in the first interview thread!

(1) WF Member Interview #1: The Quintessential Mark | Wrestling Forum

Lets get to it!
PhenomenalOne11

You have been a member of WF since October of 2016. How did you find this forum and what makes you stay here?

Well I don't remember exactly how I found this place but I remember it was around the time I really started delving into the smark bubble, and I wanted to find a place or discussion forum to just chat wrestling, and soon enough I ended up finding this place, it was obviously a lot more active at the time and it looked a hell of a lot different, but I joined for a bit and actually took about 2 years away from this place from about 2017-2019 because I ended up forgetting my password. I'm here because while there can be some annoying people (I can be one myself) it's a good community where we're all brought together by our love of wrestling, can't really ask for much more.

How long have you been a wrestling fan and how did you get in to it?

I've loved wrestling for as long as I can remember, my earliest memories of it were a bunch of old VHS tapes we had of a bunch of 80s and early 90s PPVs that my older brother would buy/rent from the video store (Blockbuster as a throwback for my fellow Aussies) and I fell in love with wrestling watching guys like Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Jake the Snake etc. Later on I started watching some of the more early 2000s PPVs and fell in love with the likes of Goldberg, Goldust, Booker T, Triple H, Kurt Angle etc. I didn't start keeping up with the product in a live sense until 2008 when they would show Afterburn (SmackDown highlights show) on free to air TV. My first and only live WWE show was in 2013, the main event was Cena vs Ryback in a tables match, you had Team Hell No vs The Shield, Miz vs Curtis Axel in a street fight etc. Good show to be at.

Who is your favorite wrestler of all time and why?

Geez that's a tough one, I don't know I've had all time favourites a lot through my life. I'd say while I was a little younger I would have said HBK or HHH, considering I was a huge DX mark as a kid but as I've gotten older I'd say that my all time favourite is probably either Goldberg, Kurt Angle or Hulk Hogan, honestly any of those three interchangeably. Edge would be an honorable mention too. Mainly because all of those guys are larger than life, they can suck you in with whatever they do and they're terrific actors.

What promotions do you watch and which one do you think has the brightest future?

I mainly do similar to what most here do and stick to WWE and AEW, I watch SmackDown in full every week, will be watching NXT in full most weeks, extended highlights of Dynamite and a few bits and pieces of RAW. I honestly think both companies are heading towards a positive direction catering to the different canvases that they are, NXT's new direction has me really excited though, it's looking like the kind of wrestling show I'd enjoy most. But I'm excited for the future and hope WWE and AEW both keep improving and putting on good shows.

If there was one thing in wrestling that you could change, what would it be?

Most people know by now I'm huge on the promo and segments side of wrestling and honestly if I was in charge of everything I'd place significant importance on those over the matches. The matches are obviously important but shows don't need to have 10-15 minutes matches to be good, I'd say 5-6 matches that go around 5-7 minutes a week and maybe 10 minutes for the main event is all you need. The rest of the time would be spent on developing a more in depth approach to wrestler's characters and improving their acting skills through segments and promos. I think being a good actor is so important in the wrestling business.

The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin?

I love the both, but I can't go past Austin, dude is the personification of pro wrestling and I love him. Rock is close behind him though.

What's your favorite movie?

Spider-Man 2 is probably my all time favourite film, Maguire's Spidey is the best portrayal of the character of all time in my opinion. Back to the Future is a close 2nd.

Who's your favourite band?

I have way too many favourite artists to name but I'll just list off some that I like, Bonjovi, Motorhead, The Killers, Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons, Green Day, Go West etc.

Do you have any goals in particular you want to achieve?

As a guy who's extremely dedicated to acting and has been doing theatre and other performances for nearly 10 years now my ultimate goal as a theatre actor is probably perform on Broadway, I've performed in front of 15,000 people before though which is pretty cool. Also just to reach my fitness goals, worked out off and on for 2 years, got complacent and let myself go during my last relationship and the last few months have been purely focused on working as hard as I can in the gym since my break up. I hate getting up at 5am for workouts, but it's something I have to do, not something I want anymore, I need it to feel fulfilled. I'm only 19 turning 20 in a couple of months though so I've got plenty of time to figure things out.

What are you doing right now (working, university, college)?

I currently study at Uni at the moment I'm studying a Bachelor of Communications in Journalism but I'm likely going to change that because the job prospects aren't great and I'm thinking of moving into either Education to become a high school teacher or Psychology. Mainly because I love helping people out and like making positive changes in people's lives. As for work I currently work part time at Optus Stadium here in Perth as a bartender, we're getting the AFL Grand Final this weekend and it's going to be sold out with 60,000 fans in attendance so it's going to be hectic, I also do casual work at one of the nightclubs in the city. I moved out of home this year and moved into Uni accommodation on campus.

What are your interests (favorite sports/teams, hobbies, etc)?

I'm a fairly big sports fan but it seems that most of my teams are doing fairly shit at the moment. Just a quickfire:
AFL: Fremantle Dockers
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
Soccer: Arsenal (kill me)
I love working out in my spare time, I'm in the gym every day as well as doing other activities such as yoga once a week, boxing twice a week. Outside of fitness as I said before I love acting and performing, also spend a lot of time read self help/self improvement books, I do gratitude journalling as well as meditation every morning, it has been a huge help for my mental health.

If you could sit on a bench and talk to anyone who has passed away, can be a relative, celebrity, anyone, who would it be?

There are two people I'd talk to, the first one would probably be Heath Ledger, he was a huge inspiration for me getting into acting, fun fact is I grew up 5 minutes from his childhood home which is pretty cool. And the other.... probably my Dad. He unfortunately passed away 13 years ago when I was 6, he had a lot of heart problems, his heart was 3x the size it was meant to be due to drug and alcohol abuse, but even through all of that, he dedicated himself to being the best father possible, and I can't fault him for that. It's been hard without him, I had to take on a lot more responsibility from a younger age due to living in a single parent household, and it really played on my mental health at times and I was so fucking depressed during my early years of high school, not only due to be being bullied about my weight at the time but because I couldn't handle so much pressure, and it was painful. I've grown from it though, and everything I do is to make him proud, I know he's watching over me....he wanted to be alive to see me graduate (we knew he had limited time) and unfortunately he only ever got to see me make it to Year 1, but that's ok. I knew how much he loved and cared for me, I miss him every day, but that's life unfortunately.

What is the best memory you have in life?

I have a lot of good ones, I think most come down to just performances I've done, performing in front of 15,000 people was the highlight, looking out and seeing that many people in an arena is scary but so cool at the same time, I hope to do something similar again one day.

Is there anything about you that you would like to share with the forum that they may not know about you?

I don't really have anything special for the something you guys don't know so we'll leave that.

~ The floor is now open for you guys ~

·
Registered
17,804 Posts
Welcome to Interview #2 in our series!

This time, we have a gander in to the life and times of..... @PhenomenalOne11

You can still also continue asking your questions in the first interview thread!

(1) WF Member Interview #1: The Quintessential Mark | Wrestling Forum

Lets get to it!
PhenomenalOne11

View attachment 108900

You have been a member of WF since October of 2016. How did you find this forum and what makes you stay here?

Well I don't remember exactly how I found this place but I remember it was around the time I really started delving into the smark bubble, and I wanted to find a place or discussion forum to just chat wrestling, and soon enough I ended up finding this place, it was obviously a lot more active at the time and it looked a hell of a lot different, but I joined for a bit and actually took about 2 years away from this place from about 2017-2019 because I ended up forgetting my password. I'm here because while there can be some annoying people (I can be one myself) it's a good community where we're all brought together by our love of wrestling, can't really ask for much more.

How long have you been a wrestling fan and how did you get in to it?

I've loved wrestling for as long as I can remember, my earliest memories of it were a bunch of old VHS tapes we had of a bunch of 80s and early 90s PPVs that my older brother would buy/rent from the video store (Blockbuster as a throwback for my fellow Aussies) and I fell in love with wrestling watching guys like Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Jake the Snake etc. Later on I started watching some of the more early 2000s PPVs and fell in love with the likes of Goldberg, Goldust, Booker T, Triple H, Kurt Angle etc. I didn't start keeping up with the product in a live sense until 2008 when they would show Afterburn (SmackDown highlights show) on free to air TV. My first and only live WWE show was in 2013, the main event was Cena vs Ryback in a tables match, you had Team Hell No vs The Shield, Miz vs Curtis Axel in a street fight etc. Good show to be at.

Who is your favorite wrestler of all time and why?

Geez that's a tough one, I don't know I've had all time favourites a lot through my life. I'd say while I was a little younger I would have said HBK or HHH, considering I was a huge DX mark as a kid but as I've gotten older I'd say that my all time favourite is probably either Goldberg, Kurt Angle or Hulk Hogan, honestly any of those three interchangeably. Edge would be an honorable mention too. Mainly because all of those guys are larger than life, they can suck you in with whatever they do and they're terrific actors.

What promotions do you watch and which one do you think has the brightest future?

I mainly do similar to what most here do and stick to WWE and AEW, I watch SmackDown in full every week, will be watching NXT in full most weeks, extended highlights of Dynamite and a few bits and pieces of RAW. I honestly think both companies are heading towards a positive direction catering to the different canvases that they are, NXT's new direction has me really excited though, it's looking like the kind of wrestling show I'd enjoy most. But I'm excited for the future and hope WWE and AEW both keep improving and putting on good shows.

If there was one thing in wrestling that you could change, what would it be?

Most people know by now I'm huge on the promo and segments side of wrestling and honestly if I was in charge of everything I'd place significant importance on those over the matches. The matches are obviously important but shows don't need to have 10-15 minutes matches to be good, I'd say 5-6 matches that go around 5-7 minutes a week and maybe 10 minutes for the main event is all you need. The rest of the time would be spent on developing a more in depth approach to wrestler's characters and improving their acting skills through segments and promos. I think being a good actor is so important in the wrestling business.

The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin?

I love the both, but I can't go past Austin, dude is the personification of pro wrestling and I love him. Rock is close behind him though.

What's your favorite movie?

Spider-Man 2 is probably my all time favourite film, Maguire's Spidey is the best portrayal of the character of all time in my opinion. Back to the Future is a close 2nd.

I have way too many favourite artists to name but I'll just list off some that I like, Bonjovi, Motorhead, The Killers, Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons, Green Day, Go West etc.

Do you have any goals in particular you want to achieve?

As a guy who's extremely dedicated to acting and has been doing theatre and other performances for nearly 10 years now my ultimate goal as a theatre actor is probably perform on Broadway, I've performed in front of 15,000 people before though which is pretty cool. Also just to reach my fitness goals, worked out off and on for 2 years, got complacent and let myself go during my last relationship and the last few months have been purely focused on working as hard as I can in the gym since my break up. I hate getting up at 5am for workouts, but it's something I have to do, not something I want anymore, I need it to feel fulfilled. I'm only 19 turning 20 in a couple of months though so I've got plenty of time to figure things out.

What are you doing right now (working, university, college)?

I currently study at Uni at the moment I'm studying a Bachelor of Communications in Journalism but I'm likely going to change that because the job prospects aren't great and I'm thinking of moving into either Education to become a high school teacher or Psychology. Mainly because I love helping people out and like making positive changes in people's lives. As for work I currently work part time at Optus Stadium here in Perth as a bartender, we're getting the AFL Grand Final this weekend and it's going to be sold out with 60,000 fans in attendance so it's going to be hectic, I also do casual work at one of the nightclubs in the city. I moved out of home this year and moved into Uni accommodation on campus.

What are your interests (favorite sports/teams, hobbies, etc)?

I'm a fairly big sports fan but it seems that most of my teams are doing fairly shit at the moment. Just a quickfire:
AFL: Fremantle Dockers
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
Soccer: Arsenal (kill me)
I love working out in my spare time, I'm in the gym every day as well as doing other activities such as yoga once a week, boxing twice a week. Outside of fitness as I said before I love acting and performing, also spend a lot of time read self help/self improvement books, I do gratitude journalling as well as meditation every morning, it has been a huge help for my mental health.

If you could sit on a bench and talk to anyone who has passed away, can be a relative, celebrity, anyone, who would it be?

There are two people I'd talk to, the first one would probably be Heath Ledger, he was a huge inspiration for me getting into acting, fun fact is I grew up 5 minutes from his childhood home which is pretty cool. And the other.... probably my Dad. He unfortunately passed away 13 years ago when I was 6, he had a lot of heart problems, his heart was 3x the size it was meant to be due to drug and alcohol abuse, but even through all of that, he dedicated himself to being the best father possible, and I can't fault him for that. It's been hard without him, I had to take on a lot more responsibility from a younger age due to living in a single parent household, and it really played on my mental health at times and I was so fucking depressed during my early years of high school, not only due to be being bullied about my weight at the time but because I couldn't handle so much pressure, and it was painful. I've grown from it though, and everything I do is to make him proud, I know he's watching over me....he wanted to be alive to see me graduate (we knew he had limited time) and unfortunately he only ever got to see me make it to Year 1, but that's ok. I knew how much he loved and cared for me, I miss him every day, but that's life unfortunately.

What is the best memory you have in life?

I have a lot of good ones, I think most come down to just performances I've done, performing in front of 15,000 people was the highlight, looking out and seeing that many people in an arena is scary but so cool at the same time, I hope to do something similar again one day.

Is there anything about you that you would like to share with the forum that they may not know about you?

I don't really have anything special for the something you guys don't know so we'll leave that.

~ The floor is now open for you guys ~
wowie, what a nice interview!

my first question is ‘what ppv card will a company have to present to get you to pay for it’ ;) :D

only joking mate - you have a good head on your shoulders for a 19 yr old.

also, follow your dreams - but that batch of comms is not a waste. There is a lot of off-shoots you can achieve with it

i’ll have more Qs later

hell, this interview needs more love

lots of good shit in here

·
Registered
DEREK CARR IS ALL ELITE/AVALONS #1 FAN
4,476 Posts
Wtf is a docker????

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
8,086 Posts
Wtf is a docker????
Basically a guy who works on the docks, I think we call them Wharfies over here but it kinda depends on the area.

wowie, what a nice interview!

my first question is ‘what ppv card will a company have to present to get you to pay for it’ ;) :D

only joking mate - you have a good head on your shoulders for a 19 yr old.

also, follow your dreams - but that batch of comms is not a waste. There is a lot of off-shoots you can achieve with it

i’ll have more Qs later

hell, this interview needs more love

lots of good shit in here
Any PPV with the Draw Order in the main event will get that done for me 😉

And cheers mate I appreciate it, at the end of the day I'm just working as hard as I can now so my future is a lot easier and relaxed.

·
8,256 Posts
Did you enjoy Chelsea winning the Champions League?

...okay, this is kinda harsh 😁

New question: 1997 Kane or 2003 Kane?

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
8,086 Posts
As a man city fan I just gotta ask, why Arsenal?
I honestly don't know man, I'm pretty sure it completely started when I was a wee lad playing an old FIFA game, I liked the Arsenal logo and thought fuck it might as well support them, since then I've been the only Arsenal fan in a family full of Everton fans.

Did you enjoy Chelsea winning the Champions League?

...okay, this is kinda harsh 😁

New question: 1997 Kane or 2003 Kane?
I'll say a certain delicate flower cried in the shower that day that Chelsea won that..........and on the Kane question, 97 Kane is pretty elite, but I think growing up by being more familiar with the 03 Kane I'd have to give him the edge. 03 Kane fucking terrified me as a kid and I couldn't watch his entrances because I was scared of the flames.

·
Premium Member
13,556 Posts
@PhenomenalOne11

I actually respect you for quitting the trolling you did early on, and the whole alt acc, you took the ban, the punches and teases that came with it like a champ.

I have a couple questions:

- If you were asked for an audition for a drama and do a monologue from a famous movie scene, which one would you do?

I'm asking because I was thinking of going into acting when I was your age too, and I had memoized a bunch of Jack Nicholson scenes from The Shining, most notably

- What are your top 3 matches, of the 90s, 2000s, and 2010s?

·
Registered
17,804 Posts
What was the part you played in front of 15,000?

were you nervous? did you do it more than once?

would you rather go into acting / drama than what you are currently doing?

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
8,086 Posts
What was the part you played in front of 15,000?

were you nervous? did you do it more than once?

would you rather go into acting / drama than what you are currently doing?
I was part of the background of an arena production of Wizard of Oz, was honestly some of the most fun I've had. And yeah it's pretty nerve-wracking beforehand until you actually walk out and all the nerves disappear.

And absolutely, acting is my passion in life, I love it. It's hard though especially here in Perth though to make a viable career because the film industry is pretty dead, but I'm still always going to keep it up as a side hobby at the very least.

·
Registered
Yamcha's #1 Simp
210 Posts

@PhenomenalOne11 Great choices, Phenomenal! What's your favorite Green Day album? Keep in mind, any answer besides Insomniac is wrong.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
8,086 Posts
@PhenomenalOne11 - If you could act alongside any two people who would they be and why?

Second question, can you do any celebrity or any famous impersonations?
If we're talking both dead and alive Heath Ledger would be up the top because as I've said he's my inspiration for acting, plus he was fantastic in everything that he did. If we're talking purely alive actors then I'm not sure, I'd say Rock would definitely be up there because you know, it's The Rock 😂 and second would be right now, Asa Butterfield. He was in Boy in Striped Pyjamas and as of the last few years the lead in the Netflix show Sex Education, brilliant range in his characterisation.

In terms of impressions, I can do Taika Waititi pretty close to spot on, I'm better at cartoon characters like Goofy, Mickey Mouse etc. My strength is probably accents though, coming from an Irish family I can do a fairly bang on accent, I can do a British accent, Murican accent, Kiwi accent and a very poor French accent.

·
Death Rides a Horse
3,095 Posts
If we're talking both dead and alive Heath Ledger would be up the top because as I've said he's my inspiration for acting, plus he was fantastic in everything that he did. If we're talking purely alive actors then I'm not sure, I'd say Rock would definitely be up there because you know, it's The Rock 😂 and second would be right now, Asa Butterfield. He was in Boy in Striped Pyjamas and as of the last few years the lead in the Netflix show Sex Education, brilliant range in his characterisation.

In terms of impressions, I can do Taika Waititi pretty close to spot on, I'm better at cartoon characters like Goofy, Mickey Mouse etc. My strength is probably accents though, coming from an Irish family I can do a fairly bang on accent, I can do a British accent, Murican accent, Kiwi accent and a very poor French accent.
That is pretty cool man. When you hit the big time don't forget to come back to WF and let us check out some of your work.

·
Baby It's Violence
9,050 Posts
@PhenomenalOne11

Meant to give this a read last week, just remembered to now!

The acting stuff is fascinating, I don't really actually know anybody myself who has that much of an interest in the art as you seem to. I've seen only a couple Broadway plays, but I'd like to go down there again and see another or two in due time. What are your favorites?

Also, cool to see you're in uni yourself. As somebody who has changed their major a bunch, I wouldn't fret too much if you decide to, it happens to so many people now as you try to find the field you really want to get into. Hell I'm 28 now, and decided to go back and get my Environmental Science masters which I've been doing part time since 2018. So there is always time to change to what you might want to do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts