Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,133 Posts
other than Tommy Boy, whats your favorite comedy movie
Dumb and Dumber. Black Sheep, which also features Chris Farley and David Spade (like Tommy Boy) is very underrated and very funny. I love the chemistry Farley and Spade had. A damn shame Farley died as young as he did. He was a comedic genius and would've went on a helluva run if he stayed alive.

·
Registered
win loss record 1-1
597 Posts
Dumb and Dumber. Black Sheep, which also features Chris Farley and David Spade (like Tommy Boy) is very underrated and very funny. I love the chemistry Farley and Spade had. A damn shame Farley died as young as he did. He was a comedic genius and would've went on a helluva run if he stayed alive.
he was alo in Spaceballs too i think, great movie, you seen it?

·
Premium Member
27,323 Posts
Very good interview. Agree with the appreciation of Scorsese, @Showstopper, fantastic filmmaker. DiCaprio really came into his own as an actor working with him. I haven't seen all of his movies but from what I've seen my favorites are The Departed and Goodfellas.

·
55,133 Posts
he was alo in Spaceballs too i think, great movie, you seen it?
Yes, Spaceballs is hilarious, too. Pretty sure it's on Youtube for free right now, if anyone wants to watch it who hasn't seen it yet. It's hilarious.
Very good interview. Agree with the appreciation of Scorsese, @Showstopper, fantastic filmmaker. DiCaprio really came into his own as an actor working with him. I haven't seen all of his movies but from what I've seen my favorites are The Departed and Goodfellas.
I knew I was forgetting a movie to mention as one of my favorites, and that is indeed 'The Departed.' Great movie and cast including DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, and Matt Damon. Excellent movie and one of my top 5 favorites. I don't know what it is, but there are so many good Mob movies and along with Sopranos, it's such a great genre.

Also, I'm a huge DiCaprio fan. He has so many good movies to his resume. Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Wolf of Wall Street, The Revenant, Inception, Catch me if You Can, Shutter Island. He's on his way to being one of the GOATs, if he's not already.

And yeah Scorsese is indeed great. Without a doubt one of the GOATs.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Couldn't agree more with changing RAW back to two hours, actually gets me angry thinking about the fact that they think anyone wants to watch a 3 hour weekly show.

Sometimes I can be an asshole on here, but I'm not an asshole at heart (well, maybe alittle bit). I treat people how they treat me. If someone is nice to me, I'm nice to them. If someone is a prick to me, I'm 10x the prick to them; whether it be on here or in 'real life.'
Also, couldn't agree more with you here. I know I had a pop at you a few months back, which I'm genuinely sorry about. It's because I never used to go into the raw/smackdown live threads (ya know, being in England means those shows are on at like 1am for me until 3/4am), and I only ever seen you being a bit of an asshole, so I thought that's all you did, which is why I had a pop. Obviously I was completely wrong about you

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Also, couldn't agree more with you here. I know I had a pop at you a few months back, which I'm genuinely sorry about. It's because I never used to go into the raw/smackdown live threads (ya know, being in England means those shows are on at like 1am for me until 3/4am), and I only ever seen you being a bit of an asshole, so I thought that's all you did, which is why I had a pop. Obviously I was completely wrong about you
It’s weird that it’s actually a quote from what he says but it’s so believably mine, too :LOL:

·
55,133 Posts
No problem, man. I get it completely. I'm far from perfect, have a truckload of faults, and sometimes I take it on here, and sometimes it is from reading posts on here. We all have our moments, haha. And I'm sorry for going back at you, too.
Showstopper, I must say that you are a good looking man. I say that being 100 % completely straight and all. :) Good interview.
Thanks, man! :)

These interviews are a great idea. It's cool that all the comments in here aren't about wrestling since that's mostly what I talk about on here. But to be talking music, movies, and other stuff is very cool. Great idea, @Catalanotto

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
No problem, man. I get it completely. I'm far from perfect, have a truckload of faults, and sometimes I take it on here, and sometimes it is from reading posts on here. We all have our moments, haha. And I'm sorry for going back at you, too.
Dw about it, I came at you, and you were just fairly defending yourself tbh

It’s weird that it’s actually a quote from what he says but it’s so believably mine, too :LOL:
Wait wtf why are you quoted instead of him? lmao I didn't even notice, how can that even happen? 😂

·
Premium Member
27,323 Posts
Also, I'm a huge DiCaprio fan. He has so many good movies to his resume. Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Wolf of Wall Street, The Revenant, Inception, Catch me if You Can, Shutter Island. He's on his way to being one of the GOATs, if he's not already.
He is great and has an amazing track record with his movies. Been following him since Titanic and he has truly come into his own as an actor. Shutter Island was another great Scorsese film I forgot to mention. Really enjoyed that one. He was long overdue for an Oscar win when they finally gave it to him. His performance in Django Unchained was great too particularly this scene where he legit cut his hand with a piece of glass but carried on with the scene and improvised.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,852 Posts
@Showstopper Nice interview dude!

As somebody who sorta listens to some Radiohead, and who's favorite album is surprisingly A Moon Shaped Pool, is there other things by them I should listen to after this? I've tried OK Computer but surprising wasn't a big fan of it, but I do like No Surprises and I've tried Kid A and really loved Idiotheque.

Also, I didn't realize you only watch WWE exclusively. You mention maybe trying some other wrestling in the future, do you have any idea what promotions you might look into, or specific aspects you look for in a wrestling promotion? Like in your case, I can see watching an indy regularly being difficult given the fact that their production values will be much lower.

·
55,133 Posts
He is great and has an amazing track record with his movies. Been following him since Titanic and he has truly come into his own as an actor. Shutter Island was another great Scorsese film I forgot to mention. Really enjoyed that one. He was long overdue for an Oscar win when they finally gave it to him. His performance in Django Unchained was great too particularly this scene where he legit cut his hand with a piece of glass but carried on with the scene and improvised.

He's definitely my favorite actor of this generation over the past 20 years or so. I'd also recommend Basketball Diaries that was in back in 1995 or so. Great movie that I own on blu ray. For some reason, this movie isn't on any streaming platform, but it's worth the buy on blu ray. Don't know if you've ever seen it, but I recommend it. Can't wait to see him in the upcoming new Scorsese film, too. First time Leo will be working with Scorsese. Should be a great movie and a smashing success at the box office.

@Showstopper Nice interview dude!

As somebody who sorta listens to some Radiohead, and who's favorite album is surprisingly A Moon Shaped Pool, is there other things by them I should listen to after this? I've tried OK Computer but surprising wasn't a big fan of it, but I do like No Surprises and I've tried Kid A and really loved Idiotheque.

Also, I didn't realize you only watch WWE exclusively. You mention maybe trying some other wrestling in the future, do you have any idea what promotions you might look into, or specific aspects you look for in a wrestling promotion? Like in your case, I can see watching an indy regularly being difficult given the fact that their production values will be much lower.

Thanks, bud. It was alot of fun doing the interview. I'm a big of a 'mark' for Radiohead as I've liked probably somewhere around 90% of their discography. :LOL: OK Computer was definitely my favorite album of their's with "Let Down" being my favorite song of that album. But since you said you weren't big on it, I'd try "Hail to the Thief" which came out in June 2003. I'd honestly try all of their albums at least once, but like I said, I'm also a bit biased when it comes to them. "In Rainbows" was pretty good, too. But I mostly like their older stuff the best such as 'Pablo Honey' and "The Bends." To me, you can't really go wrong with any of it, but I know that's just my preference. Also, not sure if you've heard of them, but Sigur Ros is also a great band somewhat in the same vein as Radiohead. I'd highly recommend them, too.

As far as wrestling goes, I was a huge fan of the Indy's and ROH back from 2002-2010ish back when I had a ton more time for myself. It's a shame that the Indy scene isn't quite what it was and that ROH is gone at this point. I'm okay with lower production values as long as the actual product entertains me and pulls me in. Because while WWE has superior production values and resources available to them, I'd argue the production and sets for their shows are alittle too polished and sterile for my liking.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts