Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
@KYRA BATARA

I should've asked this earlier, but are you a Radiohead fan?
Honestly, they're a mixed bag for me.

I really like some of their songs, and don't care for others. At times it can get me feeling kinda gloomy (hence the joke I made). lol

Ok Computer and The Bends are overall great albums. No denying that. Most of my favorite stuff from them are on those 2 albums.

Registered
Oh yeah, they can definitely be a depressing listen for sure. Some songs more than others, too. Ok Computer is one of my favorite albums of all time. The song "Let Down" on that album I wouldn't recommend as it is definitely depressing, especially if you're already feeling down.

Sigur Ros is a good band that is in the same vein as a Radiohead type band, but not as sad/depressing and alittle more uplifting. Would recommend them.
I love Sigur Ros!

I discovered them a few years ago when someone on YT made a montage of clips from the movie 'Enter the Void' with the song Svefn-g-englar from Sigur Ros. Can't find the video right now but it was extremely well done and the music added so much to it. Everything I've heard from them since has been stellar (y)

Registered
I don't know if you heard their first two albums, but I highly recommend them. They're both excellent and are what got me into them. But yeah, they don't have a bad album yet.
Nah, only a handful of tracks off YT and Spotify.

Thanks for the rec. I have a 40-min drive to work today, so I might give the first album a spin on my way there.

Registered
I just finished listening to the 2nd Sigur Ros album because I was already familiar with a few songs on it. Fantastic stuff from top to bottom (as expected).:)

Do you listen to Portishead? I feel that might be something up your alley since you're such a big Radiohead fan.

Registered
I've heard of them but never really listened to them. Are they similar to Radiohead? Are you a fan of them?
I think they're excellent. Dummy and Third are albums worth checking out.

They're not exactly like Radiohead, but there's some similarities. They're chill/emotive trip-hop with a female singer. Radiohead actually covered one of their songs (The Rip), and Portishead's drummer toured with them. They're from the same era.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts