Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
13,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome, all, to out first WF member interview in the rebooted series!

Get to know your fellow members a little more than just their basic posts in the forum, you might be surprised at what you find out!

Starting us off is the one, the only..... @The Quintessential Mark!!

Big thanks for participating in this series!

The way this works, as explained in the sign up thread, a template of questions will be sent out to whoever's turn it is for an interview (same ones here) for the member to answer and then the rest of the thread is open for YOU guys to ask the member questions of your own. This is why I am keeping a template, I want people to ask other questions they have and not have 60 questions all answered in the initial interview and then no activity in the thread, I want this to be as forum interactive as it can be.

So without further ado, lets get to it!!

The Quintessential Mark

You have been a member of WF since March of 2018. How did you find this forum and what makes you stay here?

I think it's the most variable of any discussion site regarding Professional Wrestling there's plenty of open minded input as well as constructive or even provocative takes that makes WF more intriguing enough to warrant consistent time of mine being spent here, I was a lurker for a long while before signing up in 2018 but I wasn't initially the type to use the internet as a platform for social mingling until I reduced my outdoor leisure activities.

How long have you been a wrestling fan and how did you get in to it?

As long as around 28 years and going so basically a very young premature age of 3 at least and it was just something I felt accustomed to naturally the more I watched it mind you this is strictly WWF not any other promotion around at the time which explains my undying loyalty to the product around here but old habits die hard eh;)

Who is your favorite wrestler of all time and why?

It's always been 6 Male talents as GOAT favourites and 1 female talent to round out almost three decades of fandom with Professional Wrestling so pretty much something like this...

Hulk Hogan(Inaugural)
Shawn Michaels
The Rock
Edge
CM Punk
AJ Styles
Alexa Bliss

Hard to choose just one overall so that's the best i can do for ya:cool:

What promotions do you watch and which one do you think has the brightest future?

I'm strictly a WWE/F guy through thick and thin because I grew up and lived with it but objectively it's rival promotion has a brighter future removing my bias of course until proven otherwise I think it merely boils down to the difference in one sustaining it's stagnating reputation and another looking to build itself upon a bigger foundation.

If there was one thing in wrestling that you could change, what would it be?

Definitely less emphasis on Workrate centered performance but I grew up watching larger than life personalities on TV who worked the art of Professional Wrestling the way that encapsulates stage and theatre which in turn is what garners my interest in the first place, I would also love for Kayfabe to still be alive and well just like the good old days ya know? That was something I truly appreciated about the wrestlers and their dedication for selling their craft to the audience.

The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Going to have to be blunt by saying Rock hands down I'm not saying Austin wasn't good or anything because he's one of the greatest Superstars of all time but yeah Rocky was my guy.

What's your favorite movie?

Star Wars franchise EP 1-6

Who's your favorite band?

Hmm this ranges from Linkin Park to System of a Down since most of the music I still listen to nowadays are from them specifically but I'm mostly mellow concerning Music in general I even have Wrestling productions on my playlist.

Do you have any goals in particular you want to achieve?

No lol I'm not really goal oriented tbh I just take one day at a time now but I did initially have interest in becoming a Professional Wrestler when I was a Teen but decided not to pursue it due to a lack of motivation and steep chances of a guaranteed stable career.

What are you doing right now (working, university, college)?

I'm currently in rotation roles due to Covid hampering Job opportunities but I'm mostly a Freezer and storage operator.

What are your interests (favorite sports/teams, hobbies, etc)?

I'm more or less just settled for the old Wrestling and Video Games these days not training at the gym that much anymore or even going out enjoying the night life since I don't drink anymore, I guess all I can say is it's a fairly content but boring lifestyle.

Hate sports in general if it's anything like Rugby or Football for example I can't get through 10 minutes even with a drink in my hand.

If you could sit on a bench and talk to anyone who has passed away, can be a relative, celebrity, anyone, who would it be?

The grandparents I never met probably most importantly but If it were someone remotely famous I guess Eddie Guerrero for some reason lol I just think he'd be the type I'd listen to for sound advice in a weird way or maybe Owen Hart just to see if he'd rib me for no reason.

What is the best memory you have in life?

I will admit I'm typically rather carefree and somewhat cynical in life so I barely cherish anything besides anything to do with Family or loved ones but nothing grandiose and i did enjoy my first ever Wrestling event in 2006 when the Smackdown roster worked a house show in Wellington.

Once again rather straightforward personally.

Is there anything about you that you would like to share with the forum that they may not know about you?

I suppose they will ask eventually lol but for you I'll just say for the sake of my own(To my knowledge) apparent passive blunt nature on here is that I stubbornly love applying analysis to many discussions around here involving Wrestling obviously but I can't help it really:cry:

Maybe I should chill out more I'd say.

~ The floor is now open for you guys ~

·
My Balls Are Hard As Steele
9,995 Posts
So I got a note from Stern and he wanted me to ask since you prefer The Rock to Austin, Do you agree with him that Austin wasn't a Draw.

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,205 Posts
Very nice interview

what made you choose that image? What about it do you identify with?
I just love Alexa's knack for cosplay and using this as a means to adding appeal to her Character portrayal she's added Harley Quinn's own personal traits over the years to make her stand out.
So I got a note from Stern and he wanted me to ask since you prefer The Rock to Austin, Do you agree with him that Austin wasn't a Draw.
Austin was most certainly a draw lol

I prefer Rock more out of general favouritism nothing more.

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,205 Posts
Excellent interview. I got a little misty eyed when Eddie Guerrero was mentioned.
Thanks it was a dark time when he passed back then I can't express how shocking and unpredictable it was.

Felt like getting hit by a car even when you know you looked both ways.

·
Death Rides a Horse
3,095 Posts
Thanks it was a dark time when he passed back then I can't express how shocking and unpredictable it was.

Felt like getting hit by a car even when you know you looked both ways.
I agree. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried during that Monday Night Raw tribute, even now years later I still can't watch re-watch that episode without bawling. Eddie is one of the few wrestlers I wish I could have seen live at least once before he passed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just love Alexa's knack for cosplay and using this as a means to adding appeal to her Character portrayal she's added Harley Quinn's own personal traits over the years to make her stand out.

Austin was most certainly a draw lol

I prefer Rock more out of general favouritism nothing more.
I’d love to see Alexa play Harley Quinn but we all know Margot Robbie aint giving up that role anytime soon. If she ever did I think Alexa would knock it outta the park!

·
The Ghost of WF
20,205 Posts
I’d love to see Alexa play Harley Quinn but we all know Margot Robbie aint giving up that role anytime soon. If she ever did I think Alexa would knock it outta the park!
I think so too mainly due to Alexa's ability to act since she does this better than most wrestlers on that level it wouldn't be hard to see her in acting roles future tense.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Good Interview.

If I may and I say this to help you and if a medical condition doesn't prevent you (or similar reasons) try to go to the gym and make a habit of it, it's good for your health physical and mental. You said you're not goal oriented but if you just write down what you do in a gym and it doesn't have to be strictly weights (though I recommend it) you can see that your mentality will change and things around you in life will start to change FOR you. You stop being the leaf in the wind and you become the wind. Just an idea, not making fun of you or anything so don't think that.....I just believe everyone has a chance to be the best version of themselves.

·
The Ghost of WF
20,205 Posts
Good Interview.

If I may and I say this to help you and if a medical condition doesn't prevent you (or similar reasons) try to go to the gym and make a habit of it, it's good for your health physical and mental. You said you're not goal oriented but if you just write down what you do in a gym and it doesn't have to be strictly weights (though I recommend it) you can see that your mentality will change and things around you in life will start to change FOR you. You stop being the leaf in the wind and you become the wind. Just an idea, not making fun of you or anything so don't think that.....I just believe everyone has a chance to be the best version of themselves.
Thanks dude I just stopped working out by changing my priorities around too much more or less nothing particularly stopping me.

People will feel a lot better going on a routine basis with the right dietary planning as I did it's a matter of how much time you can squeeze into going to the gym as everybody has all sorts of strict routines in their daily life no doubt sometimes you might feel less motivated one day then suddenly willing the next but also the more you drop out of the habit of going the likelihood you'll reduce the time you spend going there.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks dude I just stopped working out by changing my priorities around too much more or less nothing particularly stopping me.

People will feel a lot better going on a routine basis with the right dietary planning as I did it's a matter of how much time you can squeeze into going to the gym as everybody has all sorts of strict routines in their daily life no doubt sometimes you might feel less motivated one day then suddenly willing the next but also the more you drop out of the habit of going the likelihood you'll reduce the time you spend going there.
Just remember a bad workout is better than no work out at all. 45 minutes is all it takes for a full session or even at home a quick 15 minutes doing something is enough for your body and mind to work better.

Good Luck with it all anyways, life is long and priorities have to be made.

·
Banned
The King Of Rants
11,916 Posts
Just wanted to mention that the same tour you attended in 06 that the Sydney leg was my first and only ever WWE event and was my second ever wrestling show. Small world.

Enjoyed your interview.

·
The Ghost of WF
20,205 Posts
Just wanted to mention that the same tour you attended in 06 that the Sydney leg was my first and only ever WWE event and was my second ever wrestling show. Small world.

Enjoyed your interview.
Wow small world indeed eh.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,197 Posts
Cool interview. You say in 2006 you went to your first-ever wrestling event, so I assume you have been to more since? What other shows have you been to and do you remember any good matches/moments?

·
The Ghost of WF
20,205 Posts
Cool interview. You say in 2006 you went to your first-ever wrestling event, so I assume you have been to more since? What other shows have you been to and do you remember any good matches/moments?
Only two others unfortunately one in 2007 then the last in 2008, I enjoyed the experience above all more than how I would normally judge matches.

2006 Main Event was the best imo
Angle vs Taker vs Henry

2007 I was ringside so that's a bonus

2008 Edge played to the crowd like a champ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts