Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else is getting annoyed hearing this? When talking about anything(Orton-Sheamus,Taker-Kane,Kane-Edge ect) people are like "we've seen this already". For things like Taker-Kane and Kane-Edge, it's been YEARS since we've seen this. Unless you spend your time looking up wwe facts every day(which i expect some ppl here to be doing), I doubt people even remember exactly how the match finished(you might remember the winner and maybe a key highlight or something or the reason why they feuded, but I doubt you remember every detail).

Sports teams face each other a few times a year every single year and people don't get bored of that, because each game is diff and has diff meanings. Same goes for something like UFC, we see some guys face each other more than once and people dont get bored of seeing those two face off again.

Same should go for WWE, if the same feud happens again, people shouldn't get bored because the promos will be diff, reason for the match will be diff and the winner may or may not be diff too. If you aren't going to watch a single match because you saw it 3-4 years ago during a time when the roster was diff and wwes plans for the superstars after the match is diff too, then you really have no business watching at all.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Let me be the first to tell you that you can bet your candy ass I am. "We've seen Kane and Undertaker before" "We've seen Cena and Orton Before"

TeaZy says, You shut your damn mouth before I drive this light blue bolded font straight up your candy ass!

[/rockmoment]

·
Registered
813 Posts
For the most part, I agree. People should recognize that WWE has a roster of about 50, so over time, of course we're bound to see repeats.

There are some exceptions though. Kane vs. Undertaker? We have seen that already. A lot. Bringing it back 10 years later and shoving it down our throats with awful matches (considering one is injured and the other could never wrestle) and the same gimmicks exhibits a lack of creativity and a lack of progress for the company.

I think you have to look at each feud and each match and think "Is this a new take on a match we've already seen?" or "Are we living in the past?" Something like Edge versus Kane or Orton versus Cena? Yeah, we've seen it before, but in a completely different light. Kane versus Undertaker with Paul Bearer involved? That's just living in the past.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just a lack of filler/enhancement talent, even with the rather deep roster.

And as for the UFC comment, I'm a huge UFC fan, have been for many years, you do realize how many fights say, a Brock Lesnar or St. Pierre have in one year correct? It's a really bad example because it has nothing to do with the UFC keeping fights fresh, it has to do with the recovery and training time the fighters have. If a fighter does 4 or 5 fights in a year, it's a lot.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't have a problem with it when the feuds are a little different and when they have a bit of a break. I had no problem with Taker/Kane, it was very different to their feuds before. Kofi/Ziggler was boring because they faced each other virtually every week, Taker/Kane hadn't faced each other on PPV since 04.

You've got to have some rematches to sell PPVs. You can't keep everything brand new. Look at the Attitude Era, Austin, Rock, Taker, Kane and Foley were facing each other throughout 1998, 1999 and 2000 but everyone loved that. The key is to introduce one or two new main eventers a year to keep it fresh. It has been a problem with WWE over the last five years or so but over the last year, Sheamus and Barrett have become credible main eventers and Del Rio is getting there too.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Bret and Michaels fought each other 3 times on ppv

thats all they needed, catch my drift

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
It's not the ammount of how many times they fight, it's whether it's good or not. Although feuds like Cena/Orton or Orton/Triple H were absolutely dreadful for the majority of it because it was so tiresome and threw gimmicks in there in a pathetic attempt to put a new twist on their feud.

Although long feuds can work brilliantly if done right, Cena and Edge fought on many occassions but they had a terrific feud, same goes for Jericho and Michaels, one of the best feuds of all time. So again, it's not how many times they fought that bothers me, it's just about whether it's a good feud or not in the first place.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Agreed with Jerichaholic4life; its all about how good it is. Cena Vs Orton was never and has never been good (my opinion of course), from the actual feuds to the matches. When they keep announcing matches between the two I want to shoot things. On the other hand, having 3 Dolph/Danielson matches in a week was awesome, because they were having awesome matches every time. Just depends on how good the guys involved are, and how good the booking and writing is for the feuds.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Sports teams face each other a few times a year every single year and people don't get bored of that, because each game is diff and has diff meanings. Same goes for something like UFC, we see some guys face each other more than once and people dont get bored of seeing those two face off again.
this go to the rock austin hbk hhh matches all different every time

not the crap of kane taker cena orton because no 1 = no 100

u go watch 2 rock austin then 2 cena orton and u will find out

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I dont mind repeats, it just gets old when they have full-fledge rivalries every other year. Kane and Undertaker seem to fight every couple years and by this point it just seems like "whats the point?". Orton and Cena has been done time and time again also in the past couple of years and now they are talking about making that the main event at wrestlemania? no thanks.

Im all for long lasting rivalries but sometimes they go overboard with it. And I think most people get annoyed with it because it doesnt give anybody a chance to try their stuff out in the main event scene; which most of the time I would have to agree with.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
I kind've see where the OP is coming from. The way I see it. This type of things is going to happen whether fans like it or not. People can say Taker/Kane has already been done or HBK/HHH but the thing is. When you have guys who have been wrestling in the same promotion for 15/20 years, and manage to wrestle everyone else. They're bound to meet once again, whether it be in 10 years, 5, 3 or even 2. How many times have we seen Orton Vs Triple H, Cena Vs Orton or even Rock/Austin back in the attitue era. It's just the way things are.

Personally I didn't mind the Kane and Taker fued because they hadn't fought since Wrestlmania 20 and that was 6 years ago. yet people on here make it out as if it were yesterday. 6 years is pretty long. In 6 years we've seen Orton and Cena going at it 3 or 4 times. They'll most certainly meet again in the future, so you can bet your ass people will be rolling their eyes saying not again. But then again Cena and Orton are main eventers, are in their 30 and will most likely be fueding for many years to come, if WWE keep building them as polar opposites.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I kind've see where the OP is coming from. The way I see it. This type of things is going to happen whether fans like it or not. People can say Taker/Kane has already been done or HBK/HHH but the thing is. When you have guys who have been wrestling in the same promotion for 15/20 years, and manage to wrestle everyone else. They're bound to meet once again, whether it be in 10 years, 5, 3 or even 2. How many times have we seen Orton Vs Triple H, Cena Vs Orton or even Rock/Austin back in the attitue era. It's just the way things are.

Personally I didn't mind the Kane and Taker fued because they hadn't fought since Wrestlmania 20 and that was 6 years ago. yet people on here make it out as if it were yesterday. 6 years is pretty long. In 6 years we've seen Orton and Cena going at it 3 or 4 times. They'll most certainly meet again in the future, so you can bet your ass people will be rolling their eyes saying not again. But then again Cena and Orton are main eventers, are in their 30 and will most likely be fueding for many years to come, if WWE keep building them as polar opposites.
Agreed!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Well, if you buy out all of the competition, and nobody that people are interested in is switching companies anymore, then you get what you get. Its Vince's own fault. You can bring up a million no-namers from fcw and act like they are the second coming, it will never be the same. Thats the only other choice besides repeating feuds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts