Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 400 of 415 Posts

·
Dragon Slayer
6,627 Posts
lol yes SK. Stay away.

Ive only seen first 8 episodes and haven't caught up with 9 and 10 yet, but overall season 2 seems like a clusterfuck of too many ideas that just dont mesh together with no overall coherent story. And pretty much every character is unlikable. Ed Harris and Bernard are the only reasons I watch

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
This season was split for me. Bernard and William were great, Deloris and Mauve not so much. A problem for the season overall was the writers were trying WAY to hard to be clever and mysterious which made the story way to convoluted, especially when you consider how much wheel spinning there was this season, and a bit of a cluster fuck. They also didn't need ANY of the Ninja East World stuff.

I'll still no doubt get hyped up for season three but overall I'd give this season somewhere between a B- or C+ which is a big drop off from the A+ first season they had.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
This season was split for me. Bernard and William were great, Deloris and Mauve not so much. A problem for the season overall was the writers were trying WAY to hard to be clever and mysterious which made the story way to convoluted, especially when you consider how much wheel spinning there was this season, and a bit of a cluster fuck. They also didn't need ANY of the Ninja East World stuff.

I'll still no doubt get hyped up for season three but overall I'd give this season somewhere between a B- or C+ which is a big drop off from the A+ first season they had.
Agreed. This season never seemed to get out of second gear with a coherent story. They should of kept the narrative more simple. Also as you said the Shogun bits (While I enjoyed simply for the change of scenery) felt like filler. With the exception of Mauve receiving her mind control powers it didn't have much impact on anything.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I liked the finale, felt like it was leading to an actual conclusion for once.

Only thing I didn't like in the season were the park narratives still taking up a lot of time with William. Just felt like there was absolutely no point and you can only care so much about a Host's narrative that isn't Bernard/Dolores etc. Felt the same way with the Wyatt stuff in S1. It was almost like watching a different TV show at times.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I enjoyed it but I was continually bothered by Delos not trying to rescue the guests. Like they didn't even try. And no explanation was ever given for why not. Like how rich is this company? Can they really afford that many multi-million dollar lawsuits? And even if they could, why not even try to rescue guests to avoid having to pay that unnecessarily.

·
it's a tarp!
4,679 Posts
Just saw Season 2, and it stunk.

Wow, Season 1 was about a 9/10, but this season was a bunch of garbage.

It reminds me of LOST, making up the story as they go along, raising questions without answers, fracturing timelines to try to create intrigue but instead creating confusion.

And worst of all destroying any interest I had in seeing where it ends, and big whoop Season 3 looks like a reboot.

·
Premium Member
43,784 Posts
I watched the finale last night.

I enjoyed the season overall, particularly the strong performances from Ed Harris, Jefferey Wright, Evan Rachel Wood, and the occasional appearance from Anthony Hopkins.

But that finale was a little sloppy.

There were so many team ups and betrayals that I almost felt like Vince Russo was writing this.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts
Episode 5 onwards it was just as good as season 1 imo :shrug Just a lot more a confusing, but if you understand all of what's going on, the motivations behind the actions and the meaning of them, it's an awesome experience. I'd write something more detailed and analytic but I don't feel it's justified given the negative aura on this thread.

They also didn't need ANY of the Ninja East World stuff.
Nevertheless, I 100% agree with this.

·
40,690 Posts
Episode 5 onwards it was just as good as season 1 imo :shrug Just a lot more a confusing, but if you understand all of what's going on, the motivations behind the actions and the meaning of them, it's an awesome experience. I'd write something more detailed and analytic but I don't feel it's justified given the negative aura on this thread.

Nevertheless, I 100% agree with this.
I understood everything that was going on. It's not confusing at all. It's just bad.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
I enjoyed it but I was continually bothered by Delos not trying to rescue the guests. Like they didn't even try. And no explanation was ever given for why not. Like how rich is this company? Can they really afford that many multi-million dollar lawsuits? And even if they could, why not even try to rescue guests to avoid having to pay that unnecessarily.
I presumed, based on absolutely nothing mind you, that the “real” world at that point is a nearly distopian one in which corporations have taken over the world’s governments, control everything, and are therefore unaccountable for their actions.

Again it’s based on nothing actually seen or hinted at in the show, but it does fit the narrative.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,205 Posts
I'm 3 episodes in and it's ok.

I really am having a hard time taking Delores as Wyatt seriously. The random betrayal stuff and the level of human incompetence is a little silly too.

Nowhere near season 1 so far in terms of being good.

·
40,690 Posts
I'm 3 episodes in and it's ok.

I really am having a hard time taking Delores as Wyatt seriously. The random betrayal stuff and the level of human incompetence is a little silly too.

Nowhere near season 1 so far in terms of being good.
Oh the Dolores story gets worse just you wait!

DoctorWhosawhatsit said:
I presumed, based on absolutely nothing mind you, that the “real” world at that point is a nearly distopian one in which corporations have taken over the world’s governments, control everything, and are therefore unaccountable for their actions.
So pretty much our reality:max

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts
Just wanted to make the correction. I meant from the episode 4 onwards in my previous comment, not episode 5, which was one of the worst in the series for me. Episodes 4,6,7,8,9,10 were all good-very good to me.

381 - 400 of 415 Posts