Wrestling Forum banner

361 - 380 of 415 Posts

·
40,690 Posts
This show is on week to week notice and this one gave it extra week. This was the first great episode this show has had in some time dating back somewhere to last season.

I accept that tiger lady killed the tiger now too :max

·
You're Pretty Good
9,764 Posts
That was almost as good as last week was bad. I really get the feeling there’s going to be huge fluctuations in standard depending on the focus of each episode. Bernard, MITB and the origins of Delos/Westworld has been so, so much better than the rest of the show.

The scenes between Delos and Simpson/Harris were glorious – Masterful acting all round and a story that was a bit of Desmond from Lost and a bit of Black Mirror combined. Delos was such a piece of shit you kind of get the feeling he deserves it – Notice he didn’t even ask about Logan in the initial meeting before turning to him in desperation when all is lost - He’s essentially getting tortured and that’s before William decided to drop the truth bombs about his legacy and his family. The actor sold the hell out of those malfunctions, my days. I’ve heard theories about who the second human may be with most assuming Ford, but unless he’s completely worked out the kinks I don’t see him willingly experimenting with that shit. Other people theorising that William is a host/human hybrid who’s already dead. GTFO.

Next week’s preview looks like we’re landing back in the shit. Maeve with a fucking Samurai sword – Expect Arya Stark levels of bullshit.

·
Standing with The Man
5,985 Posts
I’ve heard theories about who the second human may be with most assuming Ford, but unless he’s completely worked out the kinks I don’t see him willingly experimenting with that shit. Other people theorising that William is a host/human hybrid who’s already dead. GTFO.
Most likely Ford and could be the Ford we saw shot at the end of season 1 since remember Delos took hours to malfunction so Ford had a window to swap out himself for the Robot, but they also indicated the last Delos model was "working" until William pushed him over the edge with the "truth bombs" and Ford is clearly interacting with William so think he is alive in some capacity and I feel he's sitting in some room watching William to make sure he's playing his game, but I wouldn't rule out William's daughter either.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
I have 2 questions about the show, maybe diehard fans can clear things up a bit

1) why bullets can hurt people now? in season one we saw that bullets can only hurt androids, but they were ineffective against humans. so androids dont have safe mode on anymore, I get that, but why bullets suddenly work on humans now?

2) how did it happen so now human ever killed (hurt) other human in the park? in that one scene with William we saw that there can be more than one client at a time. so here is my scenario: some rich douche who came to the park to kill, torture and rape can ambush a group of "hosts" but one of them appears to be guest. okay bullets dont work, but knives do, what of some drunk guy like Logan accegentely stabs a girl who came there on vacation, not realizing she's not the host?

·
40,690 Posts
I was astounded at how bad this episode was. It had NINJAS and it was still terrible. Westworld is the only thing to ever have NINJAS and it still suck.

That one ninja using a weapon that doesn't kill quickly on Maeve. Maeve not immediately using her new wizard power on the Shogun and his men. The sex scene was mostly a black screen. Evan Rachel Wood being awful. That head writer guy over-explaining everything we saw on the screen. The only thing I remotely liked was the Lili Simmons cameo and the Paint It Black call back when Japanese snake tattoo lady and Japanese black hat guy were killing everyone.

Westworld is a show that will depict all kinds of violence in a very graphic manner, but sex happens with dark screens and extreme closeups of feet and faces you can't make out that well. This is the least dumb thing about the show, but it is the most egregious when it comes to film making.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
William and Bernard are carrying this season.

Dolores and Maeve's stories aren't the least bit interesting.

After a fantastic episode today, we're back to their stories next week :(
Agree with you completely on William and Bernard carrying the season.

William's scenes in particular are freakin riveting! I'm so glad they brought back Jimmy Simpson so we can see his rise. I also can't wait to see more of the new "Game" he's playing.

I didn't think I would enjoy the time jumps as much as I would, and maybe it's Jeffrey's Wright's acting, but I think they work very well for Bernard, especially since he's only just found out he's a host, and a broken host at that.

Dolores has almost fallen into Daenerys territory for me. I know she's going to get a lot of screen time but it all boils down to her spinning her wheels until she actually starts her war. I'm not at the point where I don't care about Dolores at all, like I am with Daenerys, but if something interesting doesn't happen soon it seems inevitable.

Same with Mauve. I get why her character has to find her "daughter" but the first few episodes have been nothing but her spinning her wheels as well, and seemingly only doing so in order to integrate East World into the plot.

Basically, William: A+, Bernard: A, Dolores: C, Mauve C.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
I was astounded at how bad this episode was. It had NINJAS and it was still terrible. Westworld is the only thing to ever have NINJAS and it still suck.

That one ninja using a weapon that doesn't kill quickly on Maeve. Maeve not immediately using her new wizard power on the Shogun and his men. The sex scene was mostly a black screen. Evan Rachel Wood being awful. That head writer guy over-explaining everything we saw on the screen. The only thing I remotely liked was the Lili Simmons cameo and the Paint It Black call back when Japanese snake tattoo lady and Japanese black hat guy were killing everyone.

Westworld is a show that will depict all kinds of violence in a very graphic manner, but sex happens with dark screens and extreme closeups of feet and faces you can't make out that well. This is the least dumb thing about the show, but it is the most egregious when it comes to film making.
that annoyed me a bit, like last season they had no problem showing stuff,but now...

Other than that I really liked this episode.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
What the fuck did I just watch....... I'm sought of confused by everything but still intrigued enough for Season 3 so yeah. Anyone thinking they might be a host? At this point I'm about to cut my self just to find out :lol

·
40,690 Posts
This show is terrible confirmed. Not the fault of the actors though. They did a lot with absolutely nothing.

It's a good looking show too. The scripts though...it's gotta be the worst written show in HBO history.

361 - 380 of 415 Posts