Wrestling Forum banner

Were you a fan of Benoit, before the tragedy?

• Yes

Votes: 171 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • I was indifferent towards him

Votes: 21 10.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I'm still a fan of his wrestling ability.

I like & respect Cena as a person but not as a wrestler so much. It's the other way round for Benoit (even though I come from the school of thought that he wasn't in his right mind when it happened)

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I wasn't the biggest fan but I did like his work, but I was too young to appreciate it. One of the best of his time in the ring. After the tragedy, I do still acknowledge him as one of the best, but I do still despise the man himself. Don't give me that 'He wasn't himself' bullshit. You kill your wife and kids, you kill your wife and kids. No beating around the bush, even if he was mentally unwell, he still sickens me. No exceptions.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Wasn't really into wrestling before his death but I've never hated him in a match and I still don't hate him. As a wrestler he's one of the greatest, as a person, I'm not gonna judge him and I take into consideration that his life was in a fucked up state when he did what they say he did. People around the world who bash can't relate to his life therefore they don't understand but brain damage + depression is not a good thing at all and you can say "that doesn't excuse what he did" all you want but the thing is, he didn't commit that crime out of joy.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I was a big fan of his, going all the way back to his WCW days. I still admire his ring work, but I can't call myself a fan now. What he did has overshadowed everything he ever achieved.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
I've been in some fucked up states, but I've never though of hurting someone I love. No benefit of the doubt for me, Benoit is a CUNT and deserves to rot in hell.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I've been in some fucked up states, but I've never though of hurting someone I love. No benefit of the doubt for me, Benoit is a CUNT and deserves to rot in hell.
There is levels of how fucked up your mind state can be, it can be something that you recover from the next day (most likely your situation) or it's something that goes with you until you die. The latter seems to be what Benoit went through, specially after Eddie's death. If we are to guess that he KNEW what he did, suggested by whatever evidence was left, he wanted to die (as a letter he sent to his former girlfriend) and to save his kid and wife from suffering the consequences, he 'took' them with him. I wouldn't say it's the right way to try and make your loved ones not suffer from your death but that's also why I don't wanna judge him. It's a complicated situation and according to the people who were close to him, he was a good person which makes it all that much harder to believe he killed his family.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
There is levels of how fucked up your mind state can be, it can be something that you recover from the next day (most likely your situation) or it's something that goes with you until you die. The latter seems to be what Benoit went through, specially after Eddie's death. If we are to guess that he KNEW what he did, suggested by whatever evidence was left, he wanted to die (as a letter he sent to his former girlfriend) and to save his kid and wife from suffering the consequences, he 'took' them with him. I wouldn't say it's the right way to try and make your loved ones not suffer from your death but that's also why I don't wanna judge him. It's a complicated situation and according to the people who were close to him, he was a good person which makes it all that much harder to believe he killed his family.
Dude, he's a MURDERER. Put your love for his 'technical abilitiezzz in pro wrestling11!!' aside, and think of him as someone who took an innocent woman and child's life, and left another one without a family.

I don't care how fucked up he was tbh.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
He was always floating somewhere in my all-time fav 10... now, I just quietly admire his career. When I want to watch a technical war between two guys, I'll look up a Benoit match.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dude, he's a MURDERER. Put your love for his 'technical abilitiezzz in pro wrestling11!!' aside, and think of him as someone who took an innocent woman and child's life, and left another one without a family.

I don't care how fucked up he was tbh.
I see it this way, there's a shitload of proof on the autopsy that Benoit wasn't in a normal state of consciousness, his brain was like the brain of an 85 year old man with Alzheimer's. Benoit may have physically killed his kid and wife, but it probably wasn't really him there. I also find it a little weird how angry you are, when all this time has past and the man has been dead for years.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts