Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In those segments with Paul Bearer he came off as too heelish to really be the babyface in the feud don't you think? sure one could even debate over whether or not Edge is even a face or is simply a tweener, its likely the latter. The fact is that in this feud Edge is the face for sure

Sure its psychological warfare and he's basically trying to screw with Kane, but is kidnapping Paul Bearer who hasn't done anything to Edge really something the face would do? I even felt a bit sorry for Paul, just because the segments made Edge come across as a sadistic fuck LOL

Maybe its good for his character though? who knows :hmm:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah you both have got a point, lol another thing is, You'd think Paul would be smart enough to escape when Edge went to sleep or something huh? since he implied he kidnapped him for a whole week and took him to a monster truck rally and some other stuff to torture him

Gotta love WWE logic LOL

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Not all faces should suck up and slap hands.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
It is this attitude towards what a heel and a face can do that has created the dullness of the PG era
Precisely. I found it very entertaining honestly. Yes, you are supposed to cheer for Edge, Paul turned his back on the Undertaker, this gives a face a free pass to act as heelish as they want and still be cheered. As much as a smartass as I thought that statement was, it does work that way, ask Jack Swagger's dad.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Dude did Edge keep Paul Bearer tied up in a closet for a week? Paul must smell like all kinds of shit now.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Yeah a lot people call out for edgier babyfaces but when one acts kind of heelish they question their alligment. Paul Bearer is getting what he deserves for screwing over The Undertaker in the eyes of casual fans.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does it really matter? It's been built for the feud, just watch and enjoy...Unless you're Pyro and start bitchin all over Kane's face...kidding...

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
As long as he beats Kane at Survivor Series he can be whatever he likes, because Kane is the definition of boring both on the mic and in the ring.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I can see what you mean but I like it and after all, Paul Bearer is evil. It shows that Edge's personality hasn't just suddenly changed, he can still be crazy at times. I thought those segments were funny anyway

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I didn't feel like cheering him. Throwing a ball at a guy's head? Dumping food on him? Wheelchair race? It's like WWE had some lame unused ideas from Knucklehead and put them all in Edge's promo. I'll admit, I probably would've laughed when I was like 8. Now, its just another forgettable PG-Superstar moment.

But I know kids are their target audience, so I don't mind stuff like this. Didn't ruin the show. No big deal.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If Edge is really on a quest to "destroy all things stupid", he should start by looking at his angle of kidnapping Paul Bearer.

I'm assuming Edge has no chance of winning this Sunday since he's been dominating the feud.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'll cheer for Edge (agree with post #3). Spear Kane and win the title! I also remember that Paul Bearer was also "kidnapped" by the Dudleys years ago on Judgment Day. Now Paul Bearer was again the victim of Kane's new threat.
He was with undertaker at that point, because PPV's later.... Taker buried him in a concrete crypt.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well, Edges simularity to Ortons career continues to grow as both of them are currently "bad ass faces". Edge destroys laptops and kidnaps people while Orton threatens to kick people in the head and still gets cheered.

I'd definatly say that Edge is doomed at SS. I'd rather see Kane beat him anyway because WWE has had enough of 1 month title reigns.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts