Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Making Roman look strong
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're getting Dwayne Johnson. When are we getting back The Rock, not this bald guy that loves to laugh and smile all the time, that is Dwayne Johnson. Why is it that ever since 2011 we have gotten Dwayne Johnson, not The Rock. I really hope we get The Rock back at Wrestlemania, even as a face The Rock was always egotistical, his character had the heel aspects but he was his own person, he insulted anyone, even other faces. He was the "coolest" guy on the roster. Now whenever we see him he's lost that "cool" and "bad ass" gimmick and we get boring ass Dwayne Johnson. When will the WWE realize that post 2011 Rock is not Rock its just Dwayne Johnson doing a terrible impersonation of The Rock. The Rock would call Dwayne Johnson a jabroni because thats all he is. Do you think we'll be getting classic Rock at Wrestlemania or The Rock 2.0

· Registered
7,835 Posts
We'll be getting the smiling, inoffensive Rock, because A) The Rock is WWE's biggest draw and WWE won't want to take any risks with him, and B) The Rock is an A list movie star, and, as a brand, it wouldn't make any sense for him to do anything that could be considered in any way offensive.

It is what it is. That being said, as long as it's cut down to appearances here and there, and not a run similar to his 2012 run, any time I get to see The Rock in a WWE ring is a treat to me.

· Registered
1,688 Posts
We'll be getting the smiling, inoffensive Rock, because A) The Rock is WWE's biggest draw and WWE won't want to take any risks with him, and B) The Rock is an A list movie star, and, as a brand, it wouldn't make any sense for him to do anything that could be considered in any way offensive.

It is what it is. That being said, as long as it's cut down to appearances here and there, and not a run similar to his 2012 run, any time I get to see The Rock in a WWE ring is a treat to me.
C). He's grown up for christ's sake. Rock's return and promos were pure gold and some of the best television WWE had in years (besides Punk). He's still very innovative in his approach and oozes of charisma. Rock had John Cena's own fans turning on him.

Great TV anytime he's on, it wouldn't make sense for 43 year old Dewayne Johnson to act like he did in 1999. He grew as a person, character and performer. Hell, that phase started in 2002.

Reactions: LaMelo

· Registered
7,835 Posts
C). He's grown up for christ's sake. Rock's return and promos were pure gold and some of the best television WWE had in years (besides Punk). He's still very innovative in his approach and oozes of charisma. Rock had John Cena's own fans turning on him.

Great TV anytime he's on, it wouldn't make sense for 43 year old Dewayne Johnson to act like he did in 1999. He grew as a person, character and performer. Hell, that phase started in 2002.
His back and forths with Punk were great, some of the best promo work to come out of a title feud in recent memory. People seem to forget that. Hell, sometimes I do.

What people need to understand is that he can't exactly come out and call people "retards" and "hermaphrodites" like he used to. It's a different age.

· Making Roman look strong
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

True, but none of his "The Rock" character affects his the actor portraying him, just like in his movies. So even if he was considered doing anything offensive everyone knows thats The Rock and not Dwayne Johnson

· Banned
1,335 Posts
True, but none of his "The Rock" character affects his the actor portraying him, just like in his movies. So even if he was considered doing anything offensive everyone knows thats The Rock and not Dwayne Johnson
You mean like everybody knows Vince McMahon isn't really the evil "Mr McMahon?" I even had a member of this forum tell me Steph isn't "playing a character" ffs. Tbh he'd be a total idiot if he started acting like old school Rock considering what his actual career is right now - unfortunately the vast majority of people in the mass-market are too stupid to realise that he's a guy playing a role and he'd get criticised for it. Yes, Kayfabe is dead, but stupidity is far from it.

· Banned
14,425 Posts
So what get over it. He hasen't been Rock since 04. He is a full time actor now. I like Dwayne. He does a ton for charity. And is so good for his fans. Their is nothing wrong with Dwayne. At this stage their is no reason for a Full On Rock Character. He is not gaining anything. Nor does he have anything to proove to anyone. He does not owe anyone anything. If anything he is Hollywood Rock. He should be exactly what he is an Actor who used to be an wrestler for one night only. A Special Attraction. I am more interested about his ring work, and the quality of the match. IF he wrestles.

· The Last Dragon
15,302 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.