Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its kind of hard to word it in the title but I mean do you think Eddie Guerreo + Chris Benoit are the last two respective champions at the same time meaning Eddie held his WWE title and Beniot held his World title back in 2004.

Ill never forget the moment when Eddie came down to congratulate his old-time best friend Chris Benoit at WM20 and celebrated with him. That moment there in my opinion made me feel they were the last 2 champions in the WWE and no one ever since have there been 2champions to prove me wrong.

Even when Christian and Punk were both champions it didnt give me anything emotional and although they are great talent my personal true champions will always be them 2.

What about you?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
It was obviously an emotional moment, one of the biggest in history. So its gonna be hard to top, and the fact WWE throw the title on people too easily doesnt help, but the emotion is still there

Edge cashing it in first time was one of the best in history. Christian's first title win was a great moment. Punk pinning Cena at Chicago. Jeff's first title win.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
While they had a nice WM20 moment, both of their title reigns sucked. Pray tell, are you saying that nobody since these 2 had a better title reign?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
What about John Cena's first WWE Championship win? I mean yeah everyone hates him, but come on..... at the time it was great to see him end JBL's wwe reign.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
What about John Cena's first WWE Championship win? I mean yeah everyone hates him, but come on..... at the time it was great to see him end JBL's wwe reign.
not to mention that Cena's booking made him look like more of a "champion" then Eddie/Beniot combined. Is the OP drunk?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I think the OP means that Eddie/Benoit as champs was the last time that a site like this,liked the WWE and WHC.

Compared to now where this forum seems to hate the WWE and WHC(Del Rio and Orton).Just from the fact that it happened 7 years ago makes me think that fact is false. The most recent one(especially for this forum) would be Christian and Punk as WHC/WWE champs

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,745 Posts
I think the OP is trying to say the titles haven't had any emotional weight behind them in a long time. Instead of tearful triumphant moments where someone claims the title, john cena is like yeah lets get my 11th title to blow off some steam after nexus

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I think the OP is trying to say the titles haven't had any emotional weight behind them in a long time. Instead of tearful triumphant moments where someone claims the title, john cena is like yeah lets get my 11th title to blow off some steam after nexus
And? Eddie/Beniot was the exception to the rule, are you saying that before WM20, the title had "emotionial weight"? The reunion was just a one-off, and once again.....

BOTH
HAD
SHITTY
REIGNS

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Eddie's reign sucked but Benoit's title reign was as good as it gets putting on numerous MOTY candidates though it should have last much longer, at least until Unforgiven. So I dunno where you get the idea that Benoit didn't look like a champion from.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I think the OP means that Eddie/Benoit as champs was the last time that a site like this,liked the WWE and WHC.
Not really, especially after MITB when Punk and Christian, two internet darlings, were WWE and World Champions respectively, the IWC had one big simultaneous wet dream (myself included by the way)

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Eddie's reign sucked but Benoit's title reign was as good as it gets putting on numerous MOTY candidates though it should have last much longer, at least until Unforgiven. So I dunno where you get the idea that Benoit didn't look like a champion from.
Eddie chose to drop the title and chose JBL to take it off him

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
He got shit booking. Wasen't even in the ME.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry what I mean to explain is

Eddie and Benoit both held the repsective World + WWE titles at the same time and they were hard-working, passionate, etc and thats why I believe in my opinion they were the last true champions.

Where as now you have

Orton - World Del Rio - WWE

Holding the respective titles and they dont deserve it, and for example Batista (World) Cena(WWE Title) worked their way up and became champions at the same time respectivly but i believe Benoit and Guerrero are the last true champions to hold the titles respectivly.

I hope you follow haha

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
He got shit booking. Wasen't even in the ME.
He main-evented every ppv during his reign except Bad Blood which was the HIAC between HHH and HBK. Also he beat HHH twice, HBK twice, Kane(who was booked much MUCH differently than recently), and got a good match out of Eugene. So I wouldn't call that a shitty reign.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts

Eddie and Benoit both held the repsective World + WWE titles at the same time and they were hard-working, passionate, etc and thats why I believe in my opinion they were the last true champions.

Where as now you have

Holding the respective titles and they dont deserve it, and for example Batista (World) Cena(WWE Title) worked their way up and became champions at the same time respectivly but i believe Benoit and Guerrero are the last true champions to hold the titles respectivly.

I hope you follow haha
How's that any different from Christian/CM Punk? Christion's been wrestling for over 15 years before he got his first time. Punk's also a vetren in the ring. I think you need to remove the rose-tinted glasses and seperate THE WM20 MOMENT from their actual title reigns (which were average,)

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts

Where as now you have

I hope you follow haha
Nobody worked as much as Eddie and Benoit to make it to the top. Ever. Nobody. not Hogan not savage, not cena, not backlund, not flair.

They had to overcome every single barrier and fight and claw their way to the top.

But there have been people who fought like maniacs to make it. Christian, Rey Mysterio and Edge all overcome long difficult paths to become champs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts