Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Punk being rumored to take on Orton after the Big Show, will Bryan win the rumble and face his former partner for the title at 'Mania? Will Orton chase the WWE title or will he go after John Cena's World Championship?

The Shield and The Wyatts could be going to war, and Big Show still has unfinished business with Triple Nose.

What about Cody and Goldust. Will they face each other, or will their brotherly alliance last throughout the rest of the season?

There's also Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker. Can The Beast end The Streak?

This could be a great RtWM.

HYPE!

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Re: We're a few PPVs away from the Road to Wrestlemania. This might be one of the bes

I agree. I don't think RAW has been all that great in the last month, but I do think the RTWM has a lot of potential. Just the fact that Bryan, Punk, The Shield, The Wyatts, Lesnar, Taker, Orton, HHH, Cena, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and possibly HBK will all be given significant TV time to build their respective programs means less time for worthless acts like Santino, 3MB, The Matadors, Khali, etc. This may be the first time since the inception of three hour RAWs where all of the three hours are worth watching.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Re: We're a few PPVs away from the Road to Wrestlemania. This might be one of the bes

The problem I have is that all of the big names who will undoubtedly be in top matches at Wrestlemania have already faced each other many times. They wouldn't have that novelty that you look for with Wrestlemania matches. For example, if you do Punk vs. Bryan and Cena vs. Undertaker, where does that leave every one else? Brock already faced Triple H, nobody wants to see Big Show in a high profile match, Orton and Triple H have already gone against each other a million times... These are the consequences of neglecting most of the roster for years. Majority of the options are rematches that don't sound very appealing. I'm hoping they find a way to put a good card together, but it'll be tricky.

I thought Punk/Cena, Brock/Taker, and Bryan/HHH would be great, but I don't see HHH putting him over and the rumors are indicating that it'll be Punk/Orton (ugh).

·
WWE Golden Era Sim League President
3,295 Posts

With Punk being rumored to take on Orton after the Big Show, will Bryan win the rumble and face his former partner for the title at 'Mania? Will Orton chase the WWE title or will he go after John Cena's World Championship?

The Shield and The Wyatts could be going to war, and Big Show still has unfinished business with Triple Nose.

What about Cody and Goldust. Will they face each other, or will their brotherly alliance last throughout the rest of the season?

There's also Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker. Can The Beast end The Streak?

This could be a great RtWM.

HYPE!
John Cena vs. ???
Goldberg vs. Ryback
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Big Show or Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
The Shield vs. The Wyatts
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Maybe Rock comes back for a payday but I don't really see him doing it.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts

The problem I have is that all of the big names who will undoubtedly be in top matches at Wrestlemania have already faced each other many times. They wouldn't have that novelty that you look for with Wrestlemania matches. For example, if you do Punk vs. Bryan and Cena vs. Undertaker, where does that leave every one else? Brock already faced Triple H, nobody wants to see Big Show in a high profile match, Orton and Triple H have already gone against each other a million times... These are the consequences of neglecting most of the roster for years. Majority of the options are rematches that don't sound very appealing. I'm hoping they find a way to put a good card together, but it'll be tricky.

I thought Punk/Cena, Brock/Taker, and Bryan/HHH would be great, but I don't see HHH putting him over and the rumors are indicating that it'll be Punk/Orton (ugh).
I think it'll be Bryan/Punk as a midcard match, Brock/Taker, leaving Cena and Rock to face others.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
My opinion

Undertaker vs brock. Doubtful

John cena vs whoever. Cena gonna win regardless

Goldberg vs ryback. If goldberg loses it a joke . Ryback is done from maineventing ppvs to losing to r truth

Curtis Axel vs dolph ziggler yawn. Pointless title Match. Heyman will be the best thing about this Match

Goldust vs cody. This could be 3rd best Match of the Night

Shield vs wyatts. Shield is weak and rollins is the only watchable one and bray is yawn.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

I think Orton/Bryan/Punk is the Wrestlemania title match..if they can't get Shawn Michaels/Bryan to happen (that match would steal the show and would be the price of admission alone) and Cena/Sandow will be the WHC....I have a feeling either Bryan or Sandow will win the Rumble. They want to push Sandow, I see him winning the Rumble, him or Bryan, even though Bryan is the logical choice, you still have to give him the title eventually.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts

It is 5 and a half months away and 4 PPVs away. This is the problem with WWE they only put effort in for half of the year and from Summerslam onwards they just tread water, pad things out, save anything considered major, add people to main events that shouldn't be there for fear of wasting someone who should (Big Show), go quite protective of top talent too early and desperately try and get through each week until they get to January.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

they've been protecting the people that will have a huge role going forward. Punk hasn't been losing lately, Bryan only loses through screwy means, Orton wins all of his mid card Raw matches and Cena has been superman again. So those four are going to play the biggest role in RTWM. Maybe they don't put forth quite the effort around this time of year because they know that business will be down no matter what. That's why its comical that they'd blame anyone for poor business when obviously ratings haven't changed with the big guys in the forefront either...its just a bad time of year.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

If its Lesnar v Taker then the two guys will actually have to turn up and develop a feud

·
Banned
598 Posts

all of yours wrestlemania match predictions are absolutely irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts

It could go anywhere, atm...

My card, atm.

WWE - HHH(c) vs Orton vs Bryan

WHC - Cena(c) vs Taker

IC - ADR (c) vs RVD

TAG - Rhodes (c) vs..... Well someone has to build up. Usos, real americans or PTP, atm.

Punk vs Brock

Wyatts vs the Shield

Big Show vs Kane

A comedy match, a divas match and/or a nostalgia match with either Hogan or Austin.

I think the Rock will sit this one out, or bring it via satelite.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

John Cena vs. ???
Goldberg vs. Ryback
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Big Show or Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
The Shield vs. The Wyatts
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Maybe Rock comes back for a payday but I don't really see him doing it.
Hornswoggle vs. El Torito

:eek:tunga3

·
Registered
638 Posts

I can't wait until Road to WrestleMania starts at ROYAL RUMBLE best time of the year for WWE.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

It is 5 and a half months away and 4 PPVs away. This is the problem with WWE they only put effort in for half of the year and from Summerslam onwards they just tread water, pad things out, save anything considered major, add people to main events that shouldn't be there for fear of wasting someone who should (Big Show), go quite protective of top talent too early and desperately try and get through each week until they get to January.
From January-WM WWE tries alot. April-June they try alittle bit, July-September they try a fair amount,October-December is just throwaway stuff.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

Whats the point on having Lesnar vs Taker? lol better have Cena vs Taker, would be much more credible...

Cena x Taker
Punk x Bryan
Wyatt Family vs Shield
Rhodes vs Usos or RealA or even fatal 4 way tag
AJ lee vs Paige or AJ vs Lita

And the rest of the stars :

Hogan ( maybe )
Goldberg ( maybe )
Batista ( maybe )
Lesnar ( maybe )
Rock ( maybe )
Steve Austin ( maybe )
etc...

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

whats the point of Survivor Series if you don't even have an elimination match? for a company build on nostalgia, this one surely escaped them.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Its WrestleMania 30, it's time to go big.

One Champion - Cena(WHC) Vs Orton (WWE)
Brock Vs Taker
Bryan Vs Punk or HBK
Trips Vs Rock (jus throwin it out ther)
Shield Vs Wyatts
AJ Vs Kaitlyn Vs Natalya

1 - 20 of 73 Posts