Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,362 Posts
They'd just be screwing him over again if they did that.

People actually chanted "We Want Cena" last night during the match; which might be a first.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

People actually chanted "We Want Cena" last night during the match; which might be a first.
What if this whole "Reigns Push" was just Vince's masterplan to get Cena accepted by the people that have hated him for the past 8-10 years?

:wee-bey

:vince5 "Its Working"

·
52,362 Posts
What if this whole "Reigns Push" was just Vince's masterplan to get Cena accepted by the people that have hated him for the past 8-10 years?

:wee-bey

:vince5 "Its Working"
I know, right? That's what everyone in the TLC thread said last night as it happened. :lol It has to be a first.

My second favorite chant after the "We Miss Rollins" chants.

:banderas

·
The EST of NXT
28,859 Posts

No different from Rollins getting "WE WANT SASHA!" chants during his match last time they were in Boston. Cena's been gone for 2 months, the show was in his hometown, and he was incorrectly rumored to be returning. Given that it was a smark crowd and most of them read dirtsheets, it was to be expected.

·
52,362 Posts

No different from Rollins getting "WE WANT SASHA!" chants during his match last time they were in Boston. Cena's been gone for 2 months, the show was in his hometown, and he was incorrectly rumored to be returning. Given that it was a smark crowd and most of them read dirtsheets, it was to be expected.
Rollins match was a throwaway, boring, meaningless tag match on Raw. They deserved the "We Want Sasha" chants. I'm not a Rollins mark enough to not be able to admit that. :shrug

This was a PPV title match AND a TLC Match, which are usually more exciting. I would agree with the Cena stuff being expected except for the fact that he's gotten booed in Boston for years. I was actually shocked to hear that.

·
The EST of NXT
28,859 Posts
Rollins match was a throwaway, boring, meaningless tag match on Raw. They deserved the "We Want Sasha" chants. I'm not a Rollins mark enough to not be able to admit that. :shrug

This was a PPV title match AND a TLC Match, which are usually more exciting. I would agree with the Cena stuff being expected except for the fact that he's gotten booed in Boston for years. I was actually shocked to hear that.
Well, he's also never taken an extended break outside of an injury for 13 years, which regardless of how you feel about him, is impressive and commendable. People asked me about Cena in Nashville last month. He is missed by casuals pretty much everywhere, so I'd expect it to be amplified in Boston.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
It'd be the worst decision they could ever make if Reigns was to win the Rumble, it wouldn't be good for them and it wouldn't be good for Reigns, to have this two years in a row, specially after last years backlash, would be the worst decision they could ever make.

See what direction he goes in after last night anyway, however if they are to keep trying to put him over, they need to do it slow and steady, outside of big push wins such as the Royal Rumble, because it really wouldn't work.

All that would do is knock back everything they've built since the Royal Rumble, so would make no sense, whatsoever.

Reactions: spikingspud

·
52,362 Posts
Well, he's also never taken an extended break outside of an injury for 13 years, which regardless of how you feel about him, is impressive and commendable. People asked me about Cena in Nashville last month. He is missed by casuals pretty much everywhere, so I'd expect it to be amplified in Boston.
I agree that him never really taking a break until now is impressive. I'm not an on-screen Cena fan. But I don't have any problems with him away from WWE. He seems like a good guy. That said, he's still gotten booed in his hometown/state for years and years and those chants happening during the world title match of all matches wasn't a coincidence.

·
The EST of NXT
28,859 Posts
I agree that him never really taking a break until now is impressive. I'm not an on-screen Cena fan. But I don't have any problems with him away from WWE. He seems like a good guy. That said, he's still gotten booed in his hometown/state for years and years and those chants happening during the world title match of all matches wasn't a coincidence.
It doesn't matter at the end of the day, because badass Reigns turned that smark crowd within minutes, as I always said he would: http://oncerememberednowforgotten.tumblr.com/post/135169443849/take-the-belt-and-thank-you-roman-chants

I didn't even hear the "TAKE THE BELT!" chants until I found the crowd footage.

·
52,362 Posts
It doesn't matter at the end of the day, because badass Reigns turned that smark crowd within minutes, as I always said he would: http://oncerememberednowforgotten.tumblr.com/post/135169443849/take-the-belt-and-thank-you-roman-chants

I didn't even hear the "TAKE THE BELT!" chants until I found the crowd footage.
Now he's gotta be booked like for the rest of his run or it goes back to where they were during the match. One good thing every few months seems to happen that gets everyone's hopes up and then we go right back to where we were time and time again. I get that people want to get their hopes up because things the past month have been even worse than they were when Rollins was here, but it should be interesting to see how WWE plays it out and if fans get tired of Reigns destroying everybody every week in order for him to get over. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Be surprised if Lesnar isn't added to the Rumble next year; if Reigns is suspended on Raw there'll be the usual 'earn your spot' matches for Reigns come his return in the New Year matches prior to Rumble.
Made sense to book Reigns losing his head at TLC as not only would it have added a kick to ratings & eagerness to watch post-Raw but it progresses from the disappointment ending of Survivor series for Reigns where frustration of another loss was inevitable. Vince definitely doesn't want to loosen his grip on his building up Reigns' character in time for WM.

·
Banned
1,826 Posts
Are you KIDDING me?

Why is this even a question?? Reigns will win the Royal Rumble. When you have someone that is SO ahead of their time in every single way, you have to push him to the moon. Maximum exposure. He is officially solidified as the greatest of all time.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
rofl at their Rumble lineup this year. It's worse than last year. Roman can't win it, though. They couldn't possibly be that stupid. Maybe they'll give the Rumble to Bray Wyatt, since they teased Wyatts vs. jobbers last week, like they were faces.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts