Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's gonna be the Randy Orton situation where he'll still be in the main event but he won't be the face of the company. The backlash from fans, media and workers alike will be astronomical if he still keeps that mantle.

In other words its a win win for everyone involved as Reigns won't be given the superman push anymore and being metaphorically "shoved down our throats" and Reigns get to keep his upper mid - main event spot without him being the face of the company anymore.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
It depends on what he took, obviously.

If he took steroids to live up to Vince's expectations and failed to use an appropriate masking agent... nothing will change.

If he's addicted to illicit drugs and needs to go to rehab or something - totally different story.

It's probably steroids, though.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
I don't think it will in the long run. Obviously Vince is going to lose some trust with Roman. I do think this will effect him being champion again for a while. Which is fine. Time for some superstars to get their shot.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,554 Posts
I can't really see him facing any other consequences aside from the suspension, he's still a guaranteed main eventer for life. However I do get the feeling that Vince will feel letdown though considering he's Cena's replacement, Cena the man with the 100% clean record. Maybe this could open the door for Rollins to truly become the face of the company?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's gonna be the Randy Orton situation where he'll still be in the main event but he won't be the face of the company. The backlash from fans, media and workers alike will be astronomical if he still keeps that mantle.

In other words its a win win for everyone involved as Reigns won't be given the superman push anymore and being metaphorically "shoved down our throats" and Reigns get to keep his upper mid - main event spot without him being the face of the company anymore.
It's a tremendous waste of an investment. To an extent, it's like having Brock beat the Undertaker, then jobbing him out as punishment shortly afterwards for failing a Wellness test.

I understand why the company would feel the need to punish him, but Roman is in a unique case. He basically has been built up for 2.5 years as an unstoppable babyface. He's plowed through most of the roster. To have him suddenly start losing to Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, KEvin Owens, Baron Corbin, ect. is an incredible waste of effort. IF you need to punish him, you hold him off the card entirely. For months if necessary. Rather than just waste the cache he has built up on a series of meaningless losses, hold him off of TV until you feel that the punishment is sufficient. Then bring him back, and if he is going to lose again, like Undertaker make it something significant that helps to make someone else.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I can't really see him facing any other consequences aside from the suspension, he's still a guaranteed main eventer for life. However I do get the feeling that Vince will feel letdown though considering he's Cena's replacement, Cena the man with the 100% clean record. Maybe this could open the door for Rollins to truly become the face of the company?
I don't think it's Rollins. If they adopted the model of several top guys (ala Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Foley), then Rollins is definitely near the top of the list. But if they stay with a one-person "face of the company" model like Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Diesel, and John Cena, then I think the next likely candidate will be Apollo Crews. In fact, you can argue that the true beginning of that push to an alternate FOTC began at MiTB with his win over Sheamus.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
It will spell good news for the undercard as Reigns push will be scaled down. Someone like kevin owens might be pushed up to fill the void. With Vince if you read kurt angle's book , once you lose that trust , you will have to work doubly hard to regain it back because he won't easily trust you again. Reigns has to prove himself all over again.

·
Baby Yoda
29,356 Posts
I don't think it's Rollins. If they adopted the model of several top guys (ala Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Foley), then Rollins is definitely near the top of the list. But if they stay with a one-person "face of the company" model like Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Diesel, and John Cena, then I think the next likely candidate will be Apollo Crews. In fact, you can argue that the true beginning of that push to an alternate FOTC began at MiTB with his win over Sheamus.

He isn't over and was well behind in popularity in NXT too.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts