Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...is anyone else finding it more and more restless to watch RAW as of late?

I feel like I am watching the same show every single Monday night. I really feel that the writers really need to do some sort of major shake up for the interest of the fans...each Monday I tune in, I see the same thing it seems like...

-Wade Barrett/The Nexus VS. John Cena
-The WAAAYYYY overplayed "Secret GM"
-Michael Cole and his heal character jizzing all over The Miz and bashing Daniel Bryan
-Sheamus VS. John Morrison

I know this gets discussed a lot, but cmon Vince...do something PLEASE!!! For the fans?

I don't know what needs to happen, maybe Vince needs to end this stupid "I'm in a coma" storyline and come back on tv, maybe HHH needs to come back, maybe Bret Hart needs to come back...SOMETHING!

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
I don't mean to sound like that guy but... people complained when storylines lasted a few weeks and now people are complaining about them finally lasting longer... there really is no pleasing everyone sadly.

The John Morrison/Sheamus feud looks like it's going to end at TLC anyway which will branch into a new storyline hopefully.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
I like it. Everything has been absurd, random, and quite frankly entertaining as of late. Solid matches, solid talent, weird shit.

The only thing I am not liking, is the new turn in the Barrett vs Cena storyline, but hopefully Barrett has an ace up his sleeve in TLC.

I mean how much more 'shaking up' could you want? In the last month alone we had Cena fired, Miz cashing in MiTB and becoming world champ, Cole turning full psycho against Lawler, David Arquette showing up, Sheamus winning KOTR, Cena attacking Otunga in his hotel room and hunting down Nexus one by one.

And would you want Bret Hart back? He's about entertaining now as a 2x4. He had his short return run, and now he's gone.

Sounds to me like you just fear change.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I don't mean to sound like that guy but... people complained when storylines lasted a few weeks and now people are complaining about them finally lasting longer... there really is no pleasing everyone sadly.

The John Morrison/Sheamus feud looks like it's going to end at TLC anyway which will branch into a new storyline hopefully.
Actually, there's just no pleasing the IWC.

I like it. Everything has been absurd, random, and quite frankly entertaining as of late. Solid matches, solid talent, weird shit.

The only thing I am not liking, is the new turn in the Barrett vs Cena storyline, but hopefully Barrett has an ace up his sleeve in TLC.

I mean how much more 'shaking up' could you want? In the last month alone we had Cena fired, Miz cashing in MiTB and becoming world champ, Cole turning full psycho against Lawler, David Arquette showing up, Sheamus winning KOTR, Cena attacking Otunga in his hotel room and hunting down Nexus one by one.

And would you want Bret Hart back? He's about entertaining now as a 2x4. He had his short return run, and now he's gone.

Sounds to me like you just fear change.
This is what I don't get. The guy's complaining about shit being stale, yet his solution to the porblemm is to bring back Bret Hart? I just don't understand the logic (if any) in some of the "solutions" to many of the WWE's "problems" proposed by the people on this site.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It's been alright lately, sometimes it's one hour and 40 minutes of bologna and then we have the Main Event that's actually had the element of surprise the past few months.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Ultimately, the writing sucks. Whether it's long storylines or short ones.

McMahon coming back is NOT the answer. Triple H coming back is definitely NOT the answer. And why the hell would anyone want that hypocritcal sell out Bret Hart to come back?

The answer is a different way to do TV, format wise. One that we have never seen.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
So...is anyone else finding it more and more restless to watch RAW as of late?

I feel like I am watching the same show every single Monday night. I really feel that the writers really need to do some sort of major shake up for the interest of the fans...each Monday I tune in, I see the same thing it seems like...

-Wade Barrett/The Nexus VS. John Cena
-The WAAAYYYY overplayed "Secret GM"
-Michael Cole and his heal character jizzing all over The Miz and bashing Daniel Bryan
-Sheamus VS. John Morrison

I know this gets discussed a lot, but cmon Vince...do something PLEASE!!! For the fans?

I don't know what needs to happen, maybe Vince needs to end this stupid "I'm in a coma" storyline and come back on tv, maybe HHH needs to come back, maybe Bret Hart needs to come back...SOMETHING!
Ummm....all of those storylines were introduced in the last six months. People always lament WWE's tendency to start a story, end it at a PPV, and start all over again every four weeks. Now they actually stretch out their stories, and you're still pissed? Gimme a break.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Actually I think RAW has been at it's best in years over the past 2 months. I don't understand the OP's criticisms. The KOTR tournament was cool. Old SChool RAW was awesome, then you had the Miz winning the WWE title. How often does that happen on RAW? I even enjoyed the Miz/Lawler TLC match.

In my opinion, it's SmackDown! that has been lackluster recently.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thats the way everyone has felt for the past few years. I'll be honest here; as long as I stopped watching wrestling, and have been getting all the info from websites, I can't think of just 1 way that will reinvigorate the state of wrestling. It will take time, but you can't come up with 1 thing and hope it snowballs into something huge.

Also, shame on you for using Owen Hart's line.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
If it were as entertaining as the Old School RAW it'd be great. Most RAWs seem to be a hit or miss lately. The last 2 three hour shows have really dragged on. They get an extra hour but only put the extra time in pointless segments and "comedy." After the second hour you're just ready for it to be done with

The midcard has got seem decent matches but the main event scene is boring no matter who they throw in it. I no longer care about Cena/Nexus as the big storyline is right back to where it was months ago and Miz/Orton really doesn't mean anything besides the fact Orton is mad at Miz. Miz is entertaining but the feud itself isn't exciting.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
What's going on in Vince's mind: "All these people hate my product, yet keep buying it? Bitches gettin' trolled!"

Coincidence Haters Gonna Hate's acronym is HGH? I didn't think so...

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
After all the changes that's happened this entire year, I can't even believe people are still complaining.

Wtf? Oh I see. You DO want change, but you want it to change according to how ONLY YOU want it to change for YOUR PERSONAL entertainment. Screw the Kids, Screw the Fans, Screw Everyone, the WWE should be your puppet show and no one elses.

gtfo. Aside from a few cringeworthy things here and there, I am thoroughly enjoying the product as it is. It's not the same people for 2+ years anymore. It's been one f'ing year and Nexus isn't even 7 months old yet. We have a brand new champion that's a complete heat magnet, Kane finally has a reign longer than one day, DANIEL BRYAN IS FINALLY IN THE WWE AND IS A CHAMPION, Dolph Ziggler FINALLY gets the IC Title, CENA IS OUT OF THE TITLE PICTURE, and you people are STILL COMPLAINING?

Quote Lewis Black: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts