Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the classic Intercontinental Championship comeback! Now all we needs him to become WWE cahampion and do something about that Godawful abomination del Rio won last night.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Cody has to hold on to the IC title for a while longer in my opinion because he is bringing credability back to it and it is one of the best things happening in WWE right now. His time will come to be world or WWE champion but for right now he is where he needs to be.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally agree man. I found it hard to warm to him at first especially when he was "Dashing" but he really is on the up. As you say a meaningful run with the new (old) and improved belt would be great. His time will come and he will be a WWE Champ in my opinion. I just hope he's started a trend but I can see why they keep that excuse for a WWE title belt...kids will buy it. Or get their parents to buy it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
First Cody needs to become talented. The no talent loser representing the great IC champions with that retro belt is an abomination. Del Rio, Ziggler, and Beth Phoenix are the WWE's only good champions right now.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Cody needs to have a great reign with the IC title, he will no doubt get the big title soon, he is still young and it would be a better idea to give him a lengthy and great reign. Then he can move on to bigger things.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
First Cody needs to become talented. The no talent loser representing the great IC champions with that retro belt is an abomination. Del Rio, Ziggler, and Beth Phoenix are the WWE's only good champions right now.
Del Rio is a horrible champion, can't garner any heat whatsoever. Although it's not his fault, he's also being booked like a coward. That doesn't constitute what a "Good Champion" is to me.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
At first I laughed when he said he'd bring prestige to the belt cause honestly how many people have said that in the past???

Well he sure is living up to that now... He should hold on to the belt till at least Elimination Chamber or WrestleMania.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The only thing I don't like about Rhodes now is the 'disfigured' gimmick. He needs to go back to dashing!... which might be harder now that he actually has a disfigurement with 9 staples in his head!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just need him to stop the awful mask&bags run, and let him pleaaaaase talk proper so i dont fall asleep everytime he talks. the slo-mo talk makes me sick, no offense..

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I agree but I really doubt that will happen
I'd love it to happen. Not because I'm a Rhodes fan which admittedly I am, but because what better way to bring prestige to the Intercontinental Championship than to hold it for longer than anyone in the history of the company. Plus, the way people complain about the title being thrown around like a hot potato, it would mean even more. He's 26, has a great main event future so while I'd like to see him in the main event, if he keeps the Intercontinental Championship, then I'm fine with that too. He brought back a classic design which looks beautiful and that's got people talking. Imagine what would happen if he broke Honky Tonk Man's record?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I would agree that the title recover his glory when we will have a real feud for that title. Do you remember Jericho vs mysterio 2009 that 's last time that title was relevant and it needed 2 megastars for it (best serie of matches until christian vs orton btw)!!

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
I like this concept of restoring prestige back to the IC belt and Cody Rhodes is a great person to hold the belt currently. Wish the same would happen for the other belts cause right now the IC belt means more than the WWE title.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts