Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im happy with this. Angle only good as a heel when he has title IMO.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
My guess is that he wants one face run before a final heel run to close off his career in 2013 or maybe 2014 depending on his health. That's just my guess, though.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think he pulls both personas in perfection, but i hope he stays face until he ends his career, maybe we will see Joe vs Angle soon.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hmm, Angle only turned heel at Hard Justice last year. I think they could have made more out of this latest heel run before switching him back. I do agree now though that in his later years, Angle probably should predominantly be a face.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Unless something happens and TNA gets really good I want to see Angle return to the WWE.

I like Angle either way but I do like Angle the best when he's a straight up ass kicking face. I absolutely loved him in the WWE and TNA in 2006 when he was just a serious wrestler and he was wearing the mouth guard and just kicked total ass.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
my guess is that we get a renewed roode/angle fued and angle can play on the fact that he beat roode at bfg last year. boom storyline right there. i should write for tna lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is how I'd book Angle for the next year or two.

Have him announce his intention to retire from the sport of professional wrestling soon, but not give a timeline as to when he is going to go out. But do have him state his intention to win the title one last time. Once the Roode/Storm thing reaches its conclusion, Angle will be the next to win the title.

At this point he would announce that now that he has won the title for the final time, he is going to retire. As soon as someone can beat him for the belt.

Have him go through everyone, and I mean everyone, coming closer and closer to losing each time, sort of like the Undertaker and his streak, making each competiter look really good, but still having him come out on top due to his sheer resilience and knowhow.

Finally, after a year or 18 months (yes I think he needs to hold the belt for this long for the story to truely work), whichever young wrestler is really over and they want to push to the top, can take the title off him and have the bragging rights of the man who retired the legendary Kurt Angle and took his belt in the process.

Some people wouldnt like the idea of keeping the belt on someone for that long, especially an ex-wwe veteran like Angle, but imagine the meaning behind it when he finally loses it. The people he defeats in the process will all gain something as they will have taken angle to the very limit, the person who finally wins it will become a megastar (by tna standards) and the belt itself will gain such a boost in image and meaningfulness.

Now, with regards to Angles actual personality or "gimmick" through all this, it would work as him being a heroic face or a cocky heel, but I'd personally perfer him as a face like Taker.

Thoughts?

(First post, so dont be too harsh :p)

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
my guess is that we get a renewed roode/angle fued and angle can play on the fact that he beat roode at bfg last year. boom storyline right there. i should write for tna lol.
That's the plan.
I still feel like both guys haven't had their match yet.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
They obviously wanted to set up a fresh challenge for Roode's reign.

Would have liked to see Jarrett and Angle as a heel duo.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me, they could have some great matches. The BFG bout was pretty good but felt a little short (although they crammed a lot into the time) and the finish left a sour taste at the time.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Back in the day, he was better as a heel.

Now, He's better as the wrestling olympic legend face. Good decision

Say what you will about the negatives of the WWE writing team, In Angle's case they made him a superstar. His wrestling has been fine in TNA, bit nothing he has done has even come close to touching the awesomeness of WWE heel angle.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
That's the plan.
I still feel like both guys haven't had their match yet.
Sounds like a good plan to me, they could have some great matches. The BFG bout was pretty good but felt a little short (although they crammed a lot into the time) and the finish left a sour taste at the time.
there match at bfg was pretty good considering it didnt have a lot of time, just the finish kinda killed it. hope this fued happens again and i think it will. build up roode even more

hope this leads to Hardy or AJ being heel.
id love to see aj heel again. cockey and arrogant. claims hes the best wrestler in tna and backs it up. he would need a manager though. (truth martini would be great as aj's manager) and since aries is face now, perfect fued for x division title.

seems like anderson is turning heel too.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Angle as a heel just doesn't work. I'm happy he's a face again and I don't care if there's no explanation for it whatsoever.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Say what you will about the negatives of the WWE writing team, In Angle's case they made him a superstar. His wrestling has been fine in TNA, bit nothing he has done has even come close to touching the awesomeness of WWE heel angle.
Defintely, Big props to WWE for making his character. Sadly, they haven't been able to recreate that with Jack Swagger..

Also, I think TNA did a great job with Kurt Angle when he debuted. I was very excited to see him in TNA as a 12 year old

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I'm OK with it since his heel run was pretty transparent and lacking in any kind of substance. It was obvious they turned him just so they could have a heel champion as they were basically left without one after Hardy fucked up at Victory Road and they foolishly put all their eggs in that basket. Angle basically turned heel just so they could put the belt on a heel, and then they kept him heel just to avoid rushing and feel him to Storm & Hardy to build them up.

Also, by turning Angle face, it opens up the door for a rematch with Roode which they can sell as Angle being the guy who has beat Roode.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Kurt Angle has had more face/heel turns then Undertaker has had returns..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts