Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since wrestlemania 17 it seems like the fueds with the best build ups the matches bomb (triple h vs orton wm25) and the matches with the medicore build up steal the show (undertaker vs shawn michaels wm25)and more often then not the best matches are never for the title lol imagine that...

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Taker/Michaels was hardly a midcard build. Everyone and their grandmother was looking forward to that match the most at Mania25. It was definitely the money match, despite the fact it wasn't last.

But I kinda see what you mean, the world title matches aren't really anything special. It seems for much of the past decade, they just book those matches based on who "deserves it" the most, and not necessarily what would draw the best. A far cry from traditional Manias back in the day.

And I've never been a fan of triple threat/fatal four ways in Mania main events. Just an excuse to cram as many people on the card as possible. It kind of ruins the specialness of the occasion that way tbh. Mania main events should always be 1-on-1. No exceptions. I would rather have a 20-man MITB than have a hastily-booked main event.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taker/Michaels was hardly a midcard build. Everyone and their grandmother was looking forward to that match the most at Mania25. It was definitely the money match, despite the fact it wasn't last.

But I kinda see what you mean, the world title matches aren't really anything special. It seems for much of the past decade, they just book those matches based on who "deserves it" the most, and not necessarily what would draw the best. A far cry from traditional Manias back in the day.

And I've never been a fan of triple threat/fatal four ways in Mania main events. Just an excuse to cram as many people on the card as possible. It kind of ruins the specialness of the occasion that way tbh. Mania main events should always be 1-on-1. No exceptions. I would rather have a 20-man MITB than have a hastily-booked main event.
lol i wouldnt the ten mitb from this past year was a complete disaster most of the guys spent their time on the outside coz theyre werent booked to do anything else but i know what you mean about cramming main eventers in especially cena last year he lost the rr and lost the wwe title after EC to batista but still made it to mania and i think a similar thing happened in 2008 when he won the RR but used his title opportunity at no way out and lost but still got into mania...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts