Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some feelings you have about wrestling, that aren't necessarily 100% true, but seem that way?

I'll start off with a couple....

- No one has ever successfully pulled off an out-of-ring piledriver and avoided a countered back body drop.

- Finn Balor is a young, 23 year old blue-chipper at the beginning of his prime.

Go......

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who feels that way about Balor? Lmao.

Plenty; that's the entire point of the thread. He's 35, but by the way he looks and the way he's presented and promoted, it's as if he's a promising main eventer with years ahead.

Hence, weird feelings....

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
^ To be honest, when I first saw Finn I thought he was in his 20's cos I knew literally nothing about him. When I found out he was in his 30's I was shocked :lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sequences in matches with back-and-forth pins are stupid and kill the product

The person who gets beat up for most of the match generally wins

Doing things at speed in wrestling tends to be a bad thing as opponents use wrestler's momentum against them to reverse moves

For some reason being hit against anything outside of the ring does a lot more kayfabe damage than being kicked straight in the head

Small wrestlers can always take more damage than big wrestlers

It takes a lot less damage to get a pin in an elimination match

I hate the spot in a multi person match where everyone hits their finisher on everyone else in quick succession

If you're a cruiserweight and jumping off the top onto a strong monster type, you'd better hit a dropkick, or otherwise you will be caught and slammed into the nearest object. Can't catch legs though!

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I always go by that theory of whoever stands tall on the Raw/SDL before a PPV is losing at the PPV. Even though a lot of the time it's been completely wrong :lol

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts
Want to kill the career of a talent?

Put him in a program with Cena-uhh. Either as an opponent or a friend.

As an opponent he will lose all his credibility by getting buried multiple times by Cena-uhh.

As a friend, his popularity will get leeched off by Cena to such an extent that people will stop caring for him altogether.

:cena5 :buried

·
Registered
678 Posts
Want to kill the career of a talent?

Put him in a program with Cena-uhh. Either as an opponent or a friend.

As an opponent he will lose all his credibility by getting buried multiple times by Cena-uhh.

As a friend, his popularity will get leeched off by Cena to such an extent that people will stop caring for him altogether.

:cena5 :buried
You can't say Cena-uhh, the uhh has to go after a consonant and not a vowel. Such as friend-uhh or buried-uhh

If you're going to do this gimmick, do it properly :wink2:

·
Registered
678 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts